Video

DOCUMENTARY Trailer #1 - All Dolled Up

This section is for videos about dolls, people who own dolls and movies about and involving dolls.

Moderator: Swan

theodoric
Former Member

Re: All Dolled Up Documentary Trailer #1

Post by theodoric »

Bianca wrote: Well there are pluses and minuses with the minus being the wallet and the plus being peace of mind :)
unfortunately there are always pluses and minuses to just about anything we do . . . but in this case . . for the subject matter you are dealing with . . the peace of mind and creative freedom to do it the way it needs to be done 8) . . is worth the price :D

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

theodoric wrote:
Bianca wrote: Well there are pluses and minuses with the minus being the wallet and the plus being peace of mind :)
unfortunately there are always pluses and minuses to just about anything we do . . . but in this case . . for the subject matter you are dealing with . . the peace of mind and creative freedom to do it the way it needs to be done 8) . . is worth the price :D
So true, but my wife would have been happier if mine had shown a little more monetary return :) Then again who knows. I may sell it to a major network that appreciates truth over sensationalization.
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

theodoric
Former Member

Post by theodoric »

midiman wrote: So true, but my wife would have been happier if mine had shown a little more monetary return :) Then again who knows. I may sell it to a major network that appreciates truth over sensationalization.
oh man do I understand THAT one all the way 8O . . I am one of the lucky ones . . I dont have a wife any more 8)

and that is very true . . once you get it done . . there might be a network that is interested in it . . and that could turn out to be a very nice windfall for you . . the wifey might not mind it then :roll:

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

theodoric wrote:
midiman wrote: So true, but my wife would have been happier if mine had shown a little more monetary return :) Then again who knows. I may sell it to a major network that appreciates truth over sensationalization.
oh man do I understand THAT one all the way 8O . . I am one of the lucky ones . . I dont have a wife any more 8)

and that is very true . . once you get it done . . there might be a network that is interested in it . . and that could turn out to be a very nice windfall for you . . the wifey might not mind it then :roll:
Well Theo, here I was thinking I was one of the lucking ones, having both a wonderful loving wife that also puts up with my dolls :)

Actually truth be told, she has been behind me all the way with the doc... But we both would like to see some of the expenses recouped :)

Cheers,
Midiman
Midiman...

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

Sunsee

Post by Sunsee »

Very Cool Midiman.

To show how having a " pacifier companion" opens up the heart of a man is a great bit of information to get out to people. Men get in touch with their heart's through sex. That's the way we are wired. It brings out our gentle side. IMO

Keep up the good work. Maybe HBO would take it.I'd bet on it.

Go for it.

Sunsee
Too much of a good thing---- -----is even better.

AMALIA

Post by AMALIA »

I think it will change people's attitude towards dolls and doll admirers & owners.
Melita's album

"Depression is not a sign of weakness, it is a sign that you have been trying to be strong for too long."

theodoric
Former Member

Post by theodoric »

midiman wrote: Well Theo, here I was thinking I was one of the lucking ones, having both a wonderful loving wife that also puts up with my dolls :)

Actually truth be told, she has been behind me all the way with the doc... But we both would like to see some of the expenses recouped :)

Cheers,
Midiman
if you are one of the very few who have a wife who doesnt drive you more crazy than anything else . . you really are a lucky man :D . . and that's cool . . . and if she has been supportive of your dolls that is even better :D

LOL I can more than understand both of you wanting to see some of your investment recouped :D

Sunsee

Post by Sunsee »

Dear Midiman

There is a program on late night American television called "strange sex". That airs all sorts of different lifestyles. Your documentary would fit in with their gendre.

I might suggest doing a google search and contacting the producer and send him that trailer.

He may just take it. ???

Hope so, I think that having your lovely wife explain how she views this hobby would be wonderful. I would be sure to watch it with my wife. If she heard a positive comment from another woman, then I think that would help in helping her to understand things better.

Good luck, to you and to all of us.

Sunsee
P.S. found this --- http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/strange-sex/casting.html

Read more: http://weblogs.variety.com/bltv/2010/06 ... z11GAqRhuQ http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/strange-sex/casting.html
Visit Variety.com to become a Variety subscriber.
Too much of a good thing---- -----is even better.

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

Thanks a lot. Will follow up on some of this. My wife would not grant me an interview. She tolerates my dolls but does not consider herself as sharing in my fetish or hobby as I prefer to call it :)

And Theo, 25% of doll owners here are either married or couples as the polls would indicate, so there are more dolly spouses/partners than you might have expected :)

Cheers,
Bianca....for Midiman becasue he is busy working onthe doc :)
Sunsee wrote:Dear Midiman

There is a program on late night American television called "strange sex". That airs all sorts of different lifestyles. Your documentary would fit in with their gendre.

I might suggest doing a google search and contacting the producer and send him that trailer.

He may just take it. ???

Hope so, I think that having your lovely wife explain how she views this hobby would be wonderful. I would be sure to watch it with my wife. If she heard a positive comment from another woman, then I think that would help in helping her to understand things better.

Good luck, to you and to all of us.

Sunsee
P.S. found this --- http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/strange-sex/casting.html

Read more: http://weblogs.variety.com/bltv/2010/06 ... z11GAqRhuQ http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/strange-sex/casting.html
Visit Variety.com to become a Variety subscriber.
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

Redstorm
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Redstorm »

Just fantastic Midiman...what a wonderful way to bring reality and respect to the concept and love of doll culture!

Redstorm

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

I don't think my spouce (assuming I had one) would much mind Sharon, assuming she stayed around long enough to see I only use her as a photographic subject. And therefor no threat to her.

the trouble of course, would be getting her to stay long enough. :roll:
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

theodoric
Former Member

Post by theodoric »

Szalinski wrote: I don't think my spouce (assuming I had one) would much mind Sharon, assuming she stayed around long enough to see I only use her as a photographic subject. And therefor no threat to her.

hmmmmmmm . . you only use Sharon as a photographic subject . . . . . :roll: . . . . . should we be checking the local obits page in a few days . . after Sharon reads that 8O :twisted:

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

theodoric wrote:
Szalinski wrote: I don't think my spouce (assuming I had one) would much mind Sharon, assuming she stayed around long enough to see I only use her as a photographic subject. And therefor no threat to her.

hmmmmmmm . . you only use Sharon as a photographic subject . . . . . :roll: . . . . . should we be checking the local obits page in a few days . . after Sharon reads that 8O :twisted:

Thanks for all the great comments. I have over half of the documentary completed. Slow work when yo have to reduce 90 hours of video to one :(
Midiman...

theodoric
Former Member

Post by theodoric »

midiman wrote: Thanks for all the great comments. I have over half of the documentary completed. Slow work when yo have to reduce 90 hours of video to one :(
that is great that you are that far along with it :D . . . and gods yes that is a heck of a lot of work . . . . take you time . . so that it meets YOUR goals for what it says :D

CuriousGeorgina
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by CuriousGeorgina »

Well done on the trailer! It was provocative without being tasteless and leaves the viewer wanting to know more.

INFORMATIONS