Video

DOCUMENTARY Trailer #1 - All Dolled Up

This section is for videos about dolls, people who own dolls and movies about and involving dolls.

Moderator: Swan

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

DOCUMENTARY Trailer #1 - All Dolled Up

Post by midiman »

I wanted to share something positive with the community seeing that some found the Robot documentary a little off target for this community. I promised to put a good spin on the community when I started out in 2008. I think this will show I am delivering on that. If this flies, we may get to do another :)

Here is the "4th revision of my first official trailer" for my documentary. It could still go through a few changes depending on the feed back. I am doing a few with each leaning in a slightly different direction in the documentary. This is the more serious side of ownership. Comments, critiques and suggestions all welcome

Documentary Trailer # 1

Please do not copy this or link it from anywhere else as it is not the official release. I just wanted to share it with the community, get some feedback and perhaps make a few more changes before sending it to any broadcasters or festivals.

Cheers,
Midiman
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

jm6o8u
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: All Dolled Up Documentary Trailer #1

Post by jm6o8u »

midiman That is looking good should grab a lot of attention
It shows so many perspectives on the subject and peak people's curiosity so they might watch it and learn something

Thank you for your efforts :glou:

Sincerely JM :lying:

beardygoat
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by beardygoat »

i can remember when a show about gays was a shocker. a show on dolls from a loving respectful view will be nice.BG

wale
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by wale »

Thanks Midiman for sharing the trailer with us.
This will change the minds of many sceptics.

dave7311
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by dave7311 »

midiman ,

8O 'That vid is sooooooo 'kewl'! 8)

"Thank You 4 sharing it!"
:wink:

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Post by stacy718 »

f'ing awesome.

:D

dollluver73
Ex-Member

Post by dollluver73 »

Very well done. Obviously well thaught out. Alot of work into it and it shows. Can't wait for the Doc to be available on DVD.

Ruby13
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Ruby13 »

Midi:
Excellent! I particularly like the absence of the phrase "Sex Doll!"....Very nicely edited.

Respects... Don@Ruby13

blindwebster
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by blindwebster »

Very impressive. I look forward to seeing it.

wetsuit
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by wetsuit »

looking good,

can't wait to see the finished documentry
Learn from the mistakes of others, because you won't live long enough to make them all yourself!  (A A Milne)
Wetsuit's gallery

Chiiguy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chiiguy »

Looking good so far. Keep up the good work!
<br />Anything that is made
by man starts as a dream before becoming reality.<br /><br />

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

midiman wrote: It could still go through a few changes depending on the feed back. I am doing a few with each leaning in a slightly different direction in the documentary. This is the more serious side of ownership.
I think I saw an earlier one with a beach scene in it, I think. I think the term "artificial companionship" was used, if I remember correctly. I think, in my research, that Anton LaVey was the first to coin "artifical human companions", just for referrence or further exploration of it's history in case you wanted a good place to start with that one.

Anyways, if I were to do a doll documentary, I would want to show many aspects of Doll Ownership. From those that strictly use them for photography/art, those that bring them into an existing relationship and why, those that choose a doll to act out sexual fantasies, or those that choose a doll for companionship/fantasy relationship, folks that have disabilities/disorders whether personality wise, physical wise, etc. That way viewers get a better, broader idea of the various aspects of Doll Ownership, rather than simply focusing on one aspect only. This is an issue in the doll community right now, I think, the portrayal of doll owners in the media, which tends, it seems, to focus on iDollator/iDollizer types (probably for reasons of ratings, viewings, etc), giving people an impression, perhaps, that the whole doll culture/ doll community, doll owners, as such, are such types, when there is a wide variety, and where the majority as some recent polls indicate here of those that voted, are not such types at all. I think this is important for those that are not iDollizer types, and to those that are, like me. Maybe finding out what others in the doll community would like to see in a doll documentary might be interesting if it hasn't been addressed before.

CharlieWone
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by CharlieWone »

Great work midiman, score one for the good guys!

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

Thanks everyone.

Although the blink of the eye is something Bianca can't do on her own, I swear to god, one night I was walking by here and I must have hit just the right angle with a full moon shining through the window and what I put in teh trailer was about as close as I can remember. Made me think of when you wish upon a star, and Bianca being a 'movie' star, I made a wish that I could do a documentary about this community without sensationalizing like everyone else has, and prove that truth is better than fiction.

I gather from the response that I can lay this one to rest and start on another trailer :)

Cheers,
Midiman & Bianca
bianca_at_fundy_shore_5.jpg
bianca_at_fundy_shore_5.jpg (89.19 KiB) Viewed 4854 times
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

Debra
Former Member

Post by Debra »

Yes you should, I was really gettin into this one and it stopped :evil: , nice work midiman your doing a great service for the community. :D

Thank you!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/air_mattress/sets/72157625047918693/

INFORMATIONS