Video

DOCUMENTARY Trailer #2 - All Dolled Up

This section is for videos about dolls, people who own dolls and movies about and involving dolls.

Moderator: Swan

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: DOCUMENTARY Trailer #2 - All Dolled Up

Post by midiman »

mahtek wrote:I like it. I also like the way that you kept the Teddybabes in as comic relief!

Makes it seem more of a travelogue than a documentary.

Mahtek & his Ladies
Thanks. My best friend, Jack, who you met, grits his teeth seeing me in the tub with Bianca, but the whole idea is lighten the experience ....ummm... as life changing as it was ;)

The hard part is merging these two styles so that neither detracts fro the other - serious and light. I can honestly say, that in this respect, it has been the most difficult production I've ever done. perhaps trying to please too many people, but no one said it was an easy path to take and I like a challenge :)
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

Nice work! :thumbs_up:

Cheers,
Mark and the Synthetiks
<em>I know the good artist</em>

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

Very nice

dwhite601
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dwhite601 »

midiman wrote: The hard part is merging these two styles so that neither detracts fro the other - serious and light. I can honestly say, that in this respect, it has been the most difficult production I've ever done. perhaps trying to please too many people, but no one said it was an easy path to take and I like a challenge :)
The results are going to be worth it. One dimensional documentaries can get a bit boring. I'm really looking forward to seeing yours.

David
See my girls Image

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

dwhite601 wrote:The results are going to be worth it. One dimensional documentaries can get a bit boring. I'm really looking forward to seeing yours.

David
Thanks Dave (and others). I did three trailers. #1 on the serious side, this one #2 on the light side and #3 a combination of the two. The third one is supposed to show how the two can co-exist in the same doc. I will be posting that this weekend after a tweak a couple narrations.

Cheers,
Dave
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

Bianca wrote: Midi will love your comments, N.
I like how you wrote my name correctly in it's shortened form, as one would, say a Narcissus poeticus (Poet's Daffodil), which I am dying to smell one someday! It's written N. poeticus. The "N." part is the Genus, the latter part, the Species. Holds meaning. Much of my name holds a number of meanings. :)

From the Wiki on N. poeticus:
While all narcissi are poisonous when eaten, Poet's Daffodil is more dangerous than others, acting as a strong emetic and irritant.[19] The scent is powerful enough that it can cause headache and vomiting if a large quantity is kept in a closed room
How many people get queeeeeeeezy, a headache, or vomit when in this forum with me!

:haha4:

But ones that are sensitive, they've blocked me... and my irritants!! :lol:
Slapping? Heck, that's just an affectionate silicone love touch :) You have to consider how much pain I caused him ... or his back :)
Well, the abs smack one I could see leaving in, that's just an extra emphasis on your strong abs! ;) Just too much "affectionate silicone love touches" for me. It just didn't look right repeatedly done, especially that first one.
Midiman did immerse himself - so deep he is never going back :)
Certainly no going back for me. :multi:

janesays
Ex-Member

Post by janesays »

I can say that I really have no complaints with it. Well,I will complain that I want to see more. I love it an so does the Mrs.
Dwhite601 wrote:One dimensional documentaries can get a bit boring. I'm really looking forward to seeing yours.
Exactly. I like the touch of humor and personality that you have inserted into it. I want more.
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

CJD
Ex-Member

Post by CJD »

Looks great. a nice lighthearted aproach.
" Look deep into my ey....er sexy boobies, and fall under their spell. "

Traveller
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Traveller »

You have the talent for that!

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

itsme wrote:
narcissus wrote:My only suggestion, please - stop slapping her so much with your hand, if at all. Maybe "slapping" is too harsh a word, for want of a better word.

I like what you say in the beginning of it, how you immersed yourself in the doll culture.

Now you are a part of it. :)

I'm proud of what you have been doing so far with it. Great job!
I agree, excellent job, and you really should do something about the slaps. Perhaps tone down the sound so it looks more like you're only patting her. After all, you wouldn't want the ASLU* coming after you!

Also I would like to add, you call Bianca your "silicone movie star" and mention her name, but not everyone has seen or is familiar with the movie "Lars And The Real Girl" I never knew of it until I read about it here and rented it on NetFlix. You might want to add the movie title somewhere in that section. Just a couple suggestions.

Other than that, fine work, I think it will really let the audience feel comfortable with the persona in the "film". That is, us.

*American Synthetics Liberties Union.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

Szalinski wrote:I agree, excellent job, and you really should do something about the slaps. Perhaps tone down the sound so it looks more like you're only patting her. After all, you wouldn't want the ASLU* coming after you!

Also I would like to add, you call Bianca your "silicone movie star" and mention her name, but not everyone has seen or is familiar with the movie "Lars And The Real Girl" I never knew of it until I read about it here and rented it on NetFlix. You might want to add the movie title somewhere in that section.
Good point. Actually I was thinking of changing it to my RealDoll if I can't find a place to mention she is a movie star. I am not even sure if it is that important to mention she is a movie star in the trailer.

The slaps, remind people it is a doll and not a human, but maybe I can tone down the noise :)

Cheers,
Midiman
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

I am a bit late seeing this (so much to do in so little time...) but I really like it. It announces a completely new angle for a doll documentary. It is fast paced without feeling rushed.

The narrative at the start (about it being a harmless but interesting subject) should help prevent television announcers saying things like Channel Five's announcement of Guys and Dolls; "...a look into the disturbing world of men with sex dolls..." (or something like that).

I like it a lot.

INFORMATIONS