Video

DOCUMENTARY Trailer #2 - All Dolled Up

This section is for videos about dolls, people who own dolls and movies about and involving dolls.

Moderator: Swan

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

DOCUMENTARY Trailer #2 - All Dolled Up

Post by midiman »

I promised to put a good spin on the community when I started out in 2008. I think this will show I am delivering on that. If this flies, we may get to do another :)

This is the less serious side of ownership. Comments, critiques and suggestions all welcome

Documentary Trailer # 2

Please do not copy this or link it from anywhere else as it is not the official release. I just wanted to share it with the community, get some feedback and perhaps make a few more changes before sending it to any broadcasters or festivals.

Cheers,
Midiman
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

uch
Former Member

Re: DOCUMENTARY Trailer #2 - All Dolled Up

Post by uch »

Nice. Can't wait to see more.
Pre Owned Realdoll - $2500 with Visa debit card
Pre Owned 1st Pc - $1700 with Visa debit card
The day I will finally be able to use either of them after the repairs are done - Priceless

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

midiman wrote:I wanted to share something positive with the community seeing that some found the Robot documentary a little off target for this community. I promised to put a good spin on the community when I started out in 2008. I think this will show I am delivering on that. If this flies, we may get to do another :)
Midiman,

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This is outstanding work! I wait with impatience to see the finished product! Can I get a copy on DVD when it's ready? I will be showing the doc to all my friends and family when it's available. I'll share it on Facebook and my website too. Everyone needs to see this! You are truly a pioneer, blazing a trail to make doll ownership a viable option for people who may have seen "Lars and the Real Girl" or "Guys & Dolls"/"Love Me, Love My Doll" and yearned for a doll but didn't really have any single point of reference to share with people that shows dolls are fun, healthy and positive additions to a person's home. To paraphrase Coke, "dolls add life!" Midiman, I think your doc is going to be the single biggest and most important contribution anyone has made to the doll hobby, short of TDF itself, and will be the springboard for a huge increase in doll interest and doll sales. If the doll makers haven't sent you some fat checks to help you get this produced, they ought to, because this doc will surely be a boon to them all. There was such a melancholy to both Lars and G&D, but your doc looks hip and attractive. Instead of "Oh, how sad," people will be saying, "Gotta get me some of that!" Cheers, my friend, you put the MAN in Midiman!

:glou:

RainLover
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

RainLover wrote:Midiman, I think your doc is going to be the single biggest and most important contribution anyone has made to the doll hobby, short of TDF itself, and will be the springboard for a huge increase in doll interest and doll sales. If the doll makers haven't sent you some fat checks to help you get this produced, they ought to, because this doc will surely be a boon to them all. There was such a melancholy to both Lars and G&D, but your doc looks hip and attractive. Instead of "Oh, how sad," people will be saying, "Gotta get me some of that!" Cheers, my friend, you put the MAN in Midiman!

RainLover
Damn, you talk like the personal manager I can't afford :) Thanks. After all the time it has taken me (funded entirely out of pocket - no grants applied for or sought), I figure I better deliver. I have a third trailer just about done, that shows how the two modes serious and lighthearted, can be integrated, without detracting from each other. I will be posting that here this weekend. My wife thinks it is the best of the three :)

RainLover, did I say, "I love you!" Comments like that are most likely to see a complimentary DVD in your mail box :)

Also, if this sells, expect more. I already have the makings of several others, and if I get a decent check for this one, I will have the budget I need to hire some crew and deliver on a reasonable time table.

Cheers,
Midiman
Midiman...

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Great looking trailer!

The only comment I have, is about the opening text, I don't know, but maybe it's better to keep the spoken text, and the written text, the same.
Also, there's a double space between "know" and "a".
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

scubasteve

Post by scubasteve »

WONDERFUL! :thumbs_up:
I truly enjoyed it.
It seemed like everyone who saw you, Bianca and the rest of your Friends was very open and accepting.
I can see myself in almost all the scenes.
I can't wait to see more!
Thank You! :D

remember tho; LIFT WITH YOUR KNEES! :wink: :wink:
.............._[:]o

"L'amor Conquista Todo"

an old riddle-
Q:What are the TALLEST things in the world?
A:A woman's legs; they reach from the GROUND all the way to HEAVEN!

blindwebster
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by blindwebster »

Quality production for sure. Looking forward to seeing it.

kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by kharn »

Nice work my friend :thumbs_up: Only thing I don’t like is pixelization such as when you hide the tatoos on PDee's arms, but I guess you have to protect a person anonymity :) Now get it out there.... :wink:
 Click to go to Coverdoll

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

AlexKnight wrote:Great looking trailer!

The only comment I have, is about the opening text, I don't know, but maybe it's better to keep the spoken text, and the written text, the same.
Also, there's a double space between "know" and "a".
Thanks, Alex. I think you are right. I could also leave the text off and do a slow zoom on Bianca from afar looking human until you can identify it as a doll. I originally had the text on without spoken, but added the spoken. Also, thanks on the space, If we leave the text, I will fix and make exact to voice.

Cheers,
Dave
Midiman...

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

My only suggestion, please - stop slapping her so much with your hand, if at all. Maybe "slapping" is too harsh a word, for want of a better word.

I like what you say in the beginning of it, how you immersed yourself in the doll culture.

Now you are a part of it. :)

I'm proud of what you have been doing so far with it. Great job!

itsme
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by itsme »

narcissus wrote:My only suggestion, please - stop slapping her so much with your hand, if at all. Maybe "slapping" is too harsh a word, for want of a better word.

I like what you say in the beginning of it, how you immersed yourself in the doll culture.

I'm proud of what you have been doing so far with it. Great job!

narcissus
You need to get in the doc. with all your dolls and saved girls you have.

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

narcissus wrote:My only suggestion, please - stop slapping her so much with your hand, if at all. Maybe "slapping" is too harsh a word, for want of a better word.

Midi will love your comments, N. He is proud to be part of the doll community.

Slapping? Heck, that's just an affectionate silicone love touch :) You have to consider how much pain I caused him ... or his back :)

Midiman did immerse himself - so deep he is never going back :)

Cheers,
Midiman
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

Walley
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Walley »

My back hurt just watching that lol, are you sure this wasn't a commercial for Teddy Babes?

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

Walley wrote:My back hurt just watching that lol, are you sure this wasn't a commercial for Teddy Babes?
Well now, Each has its benefits :)
Midiman...

mahtek
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by mahtek »

I like it. I also like the way that you kept the Teddybabes in as comic relief!

Makes it seem more of a travelogue than a documentary.

Mahtek & his Ladies
All I ever wanted, all I ever needed is here, in my arms. Words are very unnecessary, they can only do harm.

INFORMATIONS