Video

DOCUMENTARY Trailer #3 - All Dolled Up (Last one)

This section is for videos about dolls, people who own dolls and movies about and involving dolls.

Moderator: Swan

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: DOCUMENTARY Trailer #3 - All Dolled Up (Last one)

Post by Szalinski »

Hey Mid, not one to hurl a spanner into the machinery, but have you thought of doing any of the documentary shooting at any of next years TDF meets?
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

midiman wrote:
RainLover wrote:I am a fan of this genre of music and like both, but I prefer music bed 2. I have also sent the link to my dad to get his opinion. He is not the fan of production music that I am, so I'll let you know what he says.

RainLover
Thanks, RL. Actually it would be nice to get some non-doll owner perspectives on the music :)
Hi Midi,
OK, I finally got my dad to watch the trailer - twice. He said the music wasn't offensive at all, and worked well with the picture. He also said he thought it was clever, and that he would be "mildly interested" in watching the doc based on the trailer. Coming from my dad, that's a positive response. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Hope this helps,
RainLover

P.S. There were two other notes; 1. the scene trying to get Bianca in the car is in there twice, once with and once without saying "cut"; 2. the scene where the guy says "puppet hole" - that line was unintelligible to my dad.
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

Szalinski wrote:Hey Mid, not one to hurl a spanner into the machinery, but have you thought of doing any of the documentary shooting at any of next years TDF meets?
Although it would be very convenient and a benefit to our community to shoot at a meet and get interviews as well, I hesitate to impose upon the attendees or risk causing uneasiness or discomfort for members not wishing to appear on video.

I do feel that following docs have to expand the story and push the normality or more mainstream direction the dolls are moving in.

So in fact having footage of a meet would play very well. It could be staged shots to ensure that only those wishing to appear will, and those that don't mind appearing but not want their faces shown could be the ones with backs to cameras, etc.

Regardless, if I had a budget for the next one, there would be a film crew, so I'd only need to direct, which means I can be in it myself :)

But all that said, the last thing we want to do at member meets is disrupt the fun. Therefore, my suggestion would be to plan an extra day for those purposes and those wishing to participate could remain the extra day.

Thanks Rainlover, for the additional input. Will try to clear up the voice re "Puppet Hole"

The part trying to get Bianca out of eh car is intentionally placed in there twice for more comic effect. it may not quite ring that way for some in a short trailer, but within the context of the longer doc, it plays a bit on my struggling and my pain pills and muscle relaxants :)

In January I will be hitting the documentary full time, and all this feed back is very helpful in giving me a better idea on where to take it. What I have now, is a lot of edited scenes, which will be pieced together in some sort of logical order.

it is evident from the response that the time is right for a lighter more humorous documentary on the subject of dolls, and what could be more fitting than Bianca and the Teddy Babes as our co-hosts.

Cheers and Happy Holidays,
Midiman
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

INFORMATIONS