Video

DOCUMENTARY Trailer #3 - All Dolled Up (Last one)

This section is for videos about dolls, people who own dolls and movies about and involving dolls.

Moderator: Swan

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

DOCUMENTARY Trailer #3 - All Dolled Up (Last one)

Post by midiman »

This is the third and final trailer for the documentary. It combines elements of 1 & 2 plus some new footage and tries to give a feel of how the light and the serious can co-exist in the doc.

Comments, critiques and suggestions all welcome.

Final Documentary Trailer # 3

Please do not copy this or link it from anywhere else as it is not the official release. I just wanted to share it with the community, get some feedback and perhaps make a few more changes before sending it to any broadcasters or festivals.

Cheers,
Midiman
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

dollluversgirl
Ex-Member

Re: DOCUMENTARY Trailer #3 - All Dolled Up (Last one)

Post by dollluversgirl »

Very good midiman. very well done. Looks like hard work carrying Bianca.
Trying to keep DL out of trouble Dolls just watta have fun! Marry Christmas to all!

Ruby13
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Ruby13 »

Midi:
"It's a wrap!!!".....Try to resist the urge to change it.
:)...... Don@Ruby13

dwhite601
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dwhite601 »

That looks great. I'm looking forward to seeing the whole documentary.
See my girls Image

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by raysmod »

Midiman...Superb work.
Traceter and me have bonded. It happened quite magically when I looked into her eyes about 8 0'clock this evening; 12th August 2020. She looked at me, and even seem to regard me. No longer did she look through me or past me. Just like in AI, Traceter has imprinted herself on me. And how I welcome, SO MUCH, this!

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

I like it, but I prefer the previous version a little because of its emphasis on the unique approach (travelling the USA and guaging people's reactions). However, maybe this version better reflects the content of the documentary.

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

In this dollumentary, I saw stuffed company in it! :)

Are you going to provide information about the manufacturers, or links or anything like that in it? I think I'd like to see Bianca formally introduced, as well as any other dolls and who their makers are, would be a key point. Are you going to mention this forum at all in it? Immersing yourself in online doll culture as much as you have, which developed from your initial undertaking of the dollumentary, right? I would think would be important to mention, too., since it came about during that. How your immersion changed your lifestyle, or whatnot, etc.

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

I have in fact gone back to the drawing board. Trying to listen to a wise old man, Don, and an ancient Doll owner, Everhard, I am keeping the existing one for now, but am making a few changes in an effort to lighten up the existing one a little more, by shortening a couple clips and adding a little more on the road stuff. This would include a little more about Bianca's history and give an indication that the doc may be quite an entertaining approach to dolls as well as informative.

Thanks so much for all your comments and input to date. Sorry I'll be bothering you just a little bit more :)

Midiman
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

This is a NEW REVISION 3 of the above.

A change early on to establish Bianca as the Lars doll and a few more tidbits added and others shortened.
Midiman...

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,....

I realy liked the previous edit but I would put the added certificates in as has been done in this one,...
I was going to say you should keep the whole take of Midiman trying to get Bianca out of the car and keep the 'CUT' at the end but I see you have just split it so no problems there.
I would however have kept the audio of the waitress asking:'Do you want a straw for your freind?' instead of the comentary over it as I thought it realy added to that scene. Pluss with the puzzled look, because of the comentary running over it there is no clear idea as to why you are reacting like that, people might wonder why you did that.

A-
:wink:

Comming along nicely.

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

Thanks, Playtime. I think you may be confusing this one with the second, in which I do have the waitress's comments. If they are too much the same there would be no point in having both.

Are you sure you are comparing this with the First V3 at the top?
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,....

Yes I am comparing to the first V3 at the top, however in relation to the waitress scene, I do think not haveing the comentary running over the top so you can hear the waitress helps make that scene and explains Midimans comic responce.
My coment on this scene was just as I see it over all and not just as a comparison between the first V3 version.

Just my opinion of course.

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

Everhard wrote:I like it, but I prefer the previous version a little because of its emphasis on the unique approach (travelling the USA and guaging people's reactions). However, maybe this version better reflects the content of the documentary.
This is also my sentiment. You, of course, will have to decide what you think will play better to a non-doll-aware audience. Either way, I am still thrilled that the doc is so close to completion. This is a very exciting time! Oh, and by the way, I love the music. It gives it a very upbeat sound, like "pay attention here, cool things are happening!" The interview subjects were all well spoken, able to articulate themselves clearly, and say meaningful things that I think will resonate with a lot of people. I love that shot on the paved trail where the kids are marveling at Bianca. It really gives it a family-friendly appeal. That shot, combined with some of the others, says to me, "she's a respectable silicone citizen with whom a person can enjoy sex and companionship, just as in any relationship." Two thumbs up! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

RainLover wrote:
Everhard wrote:I like it, but I prefer the previous version a little because of its emphasis on the unique approach (travelling the USA and guaging people's reactions). However, maybe this version better reflects the content of the documentary.
This is also my sentiment. You, of course, will have to decide what you think will play better to a non-doll-aware audience. Either way, I am still thrilled that the doc is so close to completion. This is a very exciting time! Oh, and by the way, I love the music. It gives it a very upbeat sound, like "pay attention here, cool things are happening!" The interview subjects were all well spoken, able to articulate themselves clearly, and say meaningful things that I think will resonate with a lot of people. I love that shot on the paved trail where the kids are marveling at Bianca. It really gives it a family-friendly appeal. That shot, combined with some of the others, says to me, "she's a respectable silicone citizen with whom a person can enjoy sex and companionship, just as in any relationship." Two thumbs up! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
All three trailers will be used, The point is to hit as wide a demographic as I can. Hence 1, 2 and 3 representing the Serious, the Light and the mixture.

So the purpose of this thread is not only to see how they compare with each other but also to determine if the original #3 or the revision 3V1 is the preferred of this particular trailer.

Trailers will rotate when airing.

Thanks again for your input. So other than preferring #2 as a trailer, do you prefer #3 or #3v1 of this one?

Cheers,
Midiman
Midiman...

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

playtime wrote:G'day everyone,....

Yes I am comparing to the first V3 at the top, however in relation to the waitress scene, I do think not haveing the comentary running over the top so you can hear the waitress helps make that scene and explains Midimans comic responce.
My coment on this scene was just as I see it over all and not just as a comparison between the first V3 version.

Just my opinion of course.

Playtime.
Actually I just checked the other trailer and there is no waitress dialog. You may be confusing it with the B&W dream scene I showed you where I had text bubbles. Background noise was too loud on the bar clip to hear the waitress, and the bar music would have clashed with the music bed anyway. So that was never an option.

I had considered doing a lip sync and voice-over for the bar girl's remarks. That is an option. The narration at that point is certainly not critical to the story.

Also consider that each trailer tells something a little different. The bar scene could be replaced by another clip of some sort.

One thing I am now certain of is the light hearted approach certainly seems more popular than the traditional serious docs done by others to date. But we have a lot of firsts here such as first couple on camera. They are both needed to tell the story I set out to tell. I really didn't set out to do a story on Midiman traveling with his dolls. It was about showing how much more diverse this community is than it has been portrayed.

Maybe there are really two docs here. I originally mapped out six at dollchronicles.com

Still I'd like to make this work with elements of both.

Cheers,
Midiman
Midiman...

INFORMATIONS