Video

DOCUMENTARY Trailer #3 - All Dolled Up (Last one)

This section is for videos about dolls, people who own dolls and movies about and involving dolls.

Moderator: Swan

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: DOCUMENTARY Trailer #3 - All Dolled Up (Last one)

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,...

Instead of lip-sync how about 'captions',....
Or would that make the visual to 'busy'?

Its all going at a good pace and you have the voice over,....
Hmmm,..

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

midiman wrote:
RainLover wrote:
Everhard wrote:I like it, but I prefer the previous version a little because of its emphasis on the unique approach (travelling the USA and guaging people's reactions). However, maybe this version better reflects the content of the documentary.
This is also my sentiment. You, of course, will have to decide what you think will play better to a non-doll-aware audience. Either way, I am still thrilled that the doc is so close to completion. This is a very exciting time! Oh, and by the way, I love the music. It gives it a very upbeat sound, like "pay attention here, cool things are happening!" The interview subjects were all well spoken, able to articulate themselves clearly, and say meaningful things that I think will resonate with a lot of people. I love that shot on the paved trail where the kids are marveling at Bianca. It really gives it a family-friendly appeal. That shot, combined with some of the others, says to me, "she's a respectable silicone citizen with whom a person can enjoy sex and companionship, just as in any relationship." Two thumbs up! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
All three trailers will be used, The point is to hit as wide a demographic as I can. Hence 1, 2 and 3 representing the Serious, the Light and the mixture.

So the purpose of this thread is not only to see how they compare with each other but also to determine if the original #3 or the revision 3V1 is the preferred of this particular trailer.

Trailers will rotate when airing.

Thanks again for your input. So other than preferring #2 as a trailer, do you prefer #3 or #3v1 of this one?

Cheers,
Midiman
Between #3 and #3v1, I prefer #3v1.
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

RainLover wrote:Between #3 and #3v1, I prefer #3v1.
Thanks. I have produced a final trailer thanks to all your input. It puts a little more favor on the the journey.

There are two versions. The only difference is the music. I am hoping this final will meet with everyone's favor, but I'd be interested in knowing which music people prefer.

Final Documentary Trailer # 3 (with music bed 1)

Final Documentary Trailer # 3 (with music bed 2) .

Thanks in advance for your input.

Cheers,
Midiman
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

The periodic light hearted clips of you and Bianca are great! I think they will effectively disarm any apprehention the uninitiated may have concerning the documentary's subject matter to a point where they will actually feel at ease with it (and hopefully, us). I also like the inclusion of the Certificate of Authenticity, as it not only clarifies the source of Bianca's "movie star" status, but also points out that she actually is one of the dolls that was used in the movie. Not just a "clone" like my Cylon, Sharon.

As for which music, I think this one goes much better with the general tone of the trailer:
midiman wrote:Final Documentary Trailer # 3 (with music bed 2) .

Cheers,
Midiman
Great job. If the Documentary is anywhere near as good as the trailer, I think it will be a gold mine in helping with people's opinions of the doll community! Image
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

GFELube
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by GFELube »

I also vote for version #2.

Can you finish the documentary ITSELF now?! :mrgreen:

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

GFELube wrote:Can you finish the documentary ITSELF now?! :mrgreen:
Indeed I shall. The responses I've had on the three trailers, are in fact helping to give me good direction on where the emphasis should be to grab and hold the audience.

Now after Christmas (seeing I am not heading to Vegas) I will be working flat out to get this doc done. Shooting for mid February.

Cheers,
Midiman

P.S. It's going to be pretty quite now as I won't be bothering anyone anymore until it's done :)
Midiman...

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

I agree, the second version is far more fitting.
midiman wrote:It's going to be pretty quite now as I won't be bothering anyone anymore until it's done :)
Hmm. I'll believe that when I see it (or don't see it, rather). :wink:

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,....

Yep I think #2 works,....

Basicly what Szalinski said!
:thumbs_up:

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

LITUP
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by LITUP »

I look forward to seeing this..oh and music#2 is the way to go imo.

hanuman37
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by hanuman37 »

Version 3, with music #2, is my favorite.

Gramps
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Gramps »

midiman wrote:Now after Christmas (seeing I am not heading to Vegas) I will be working flat out to get this doc done. Shooting for mid February.
Good luck on this project.
I need to avoid both TDF and chocolate candy, for similar reasons.

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

midiman wrote:
RainLover wrote:Between #3 and #3v1, I prefer #3v1.
Thanks. I have produced a final trailer thanks to all your input. It puts a little more favor on the the journey.

There are two versions. The only difference is the music. I am hoping this final will meet with everyone's favor, but I'd be interested in knowing which music people prefer.

Cheers,
Midiman
I am a fan of this genre of music and like both, but I prefer music bed 2. I have also sent the link to my dad to get his opinion. He is not the fan of production music that I am, so I'll let you know what he says.

RainLover
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

RainLover wrote:I am a fan of this genre of music and like both, but I prefer music bed 2. I have also sent the link to my dad to get his opinion. He is not the fan of production music that I am, so I'll let you know what he says.

RainLover
Thanks, RL. Actually it would be nice to get some non-doll owner perspectives on the music :)
Midiman...

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

midiman wrote: I am hoping this final will meet with everyone's favor, but I'd be interested in knowing which music people prefer.

Music bed 2.

I love Matt's quote in there, too. "These dolls are meant to be respected, as real women are meant to be respected." Thank you.

CJD
Ex-Member

Post by CJD »

Though music 2 has a lighter feel, Music 1 though more serious in tone, has a more exotic feel and sticks with me longer.
" Look deep into my ey....er sexy boobies, and fall under their spell. "

INFORMATIONS