Video

Me and My dolls in the Sun Newspaper + Video

This section is for videos about dolls, people who own dolls and movies about and involving dolls.

Moderator: Swan

Doll Knight XIX
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Formerly known as TG megami - The Frozen North, USA

Re: Me and My dolls in the Sun Newspaper + Video

Post by Doll Knight XIX »

midiman wrote:I ain't never gonna catch you in doll ownership ;)
Midi may have secceeded, but I, however, accept the challenge! All I need to do is get published and I'll be on my way! Let the race to the top of Doll Mountain begin! *Fires off a racing pistol* At only 27, if I get started now, I could be Trans-Queen of the Dolls! Seven down, 233 to go before I catch up! :mrgreen:

Um...anyone know a good agent? :lol: (< ___<)

G.:
Even though I plan to surpass your collection in the next...oh, gimme 20 years or so... ;) ...I have to say that you have the most impressive collection I have ever heard of! 240 dolls! You really should have an additional 125 more, so you can have a different doll for every day of the year! That would be amazing!

Do you have a favorite doll or dolls out of your collection? Do you have pictures of said doll(ies)? How do you deicde which ones to sleep or 'play' with? I hate to pry...but does your wife enjoy 'playing' with the dolls, too? ;) You don't have to answer that one if you don't want to.

Hmm...that was somewhat better than what I'd expect from a news article on the subject. The comments are sadly exactly what I was predicting them to be, however. :( It sucks that people are so f'ing closed minded. That makes me really, really mad. At least you have the guts and heart to put yourself out there and represent us doll lovers! Thank you for what you do! <3

I haven't watched the video yet, as my computer at work is a bit iffy with videos, but I'll watch it when I get home and expand my comments! :)
We will start anew, on here, soon. We can't wait!

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

G. wrote:They put the spin on it, not me, that is what we get and not much we can do about it.
However, when you read it while filtering out the style -- Sun sensationalism -- the actual content of the article is positive. Also, the video tells its own great story. (And simply ignore the people who have nothing better to do than post negative comments on the Sun web site.)

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

Wow, 240 dolls!!! And I thought I have too many. :roll:

Mark and the Synthetiks
<em>I know the good artist</em>

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

G. wrote:Hi Playtime, and thank you, we did not like the word wacky also and this was the head line that i said must go in the Sun.

World's Biggest Love Doll Collector Is From Herefordshire!

A love doll fanatic today reveals his collection of 200 life sized companions – the biggest love doll collection in the world.

Bob Gibbins, 60, is known to fellow collectors as “The Hugh Hefner of the Love Doll World.”

And even though married dad Bob has just a small bungalow in Madley, Herefordshire, pals have dubbed the pad “The Love Doll Mansion.” (and so went on).

They put the spin on it, not me, that is what we get and not much we can do about it.

It's OK Gibb it all brings attention and those that take the time to learn will see for themselves. So much of media are sensationalizing lazy bastards that couldn't write an interesting story if their life depended on it - so they sensationalize and twist your words around. Heck they even got me and I was ready for them LOL

It's all good, though. we'll get the chance to tell the story like it is without interference ;) It was a pleasure meeting and spending time with you in November. I look forward to meeting you later this year...although I now feel so inadequate as a doll owner :)
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

beardygoat
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by beardygoat »

the same way folks can not seem to love anyone who is not like them .it is an issue of education. slowly folks evolve. as in other struggles to be accepted and respected by the main streamers .minorities, ,gays, i saw my Dad change over the decades. still did not become enlightened but much better.
Please ,tell me where is some basic brotherly understanding for a ,hobby, fascination or fetish however one views our collections.
hey publisher,
WTH ! letting offended and mean spirited folks post on and on after a nice article was a real shame to all owners.
this was just an ambush for some laughs to the publishers. shame on you. jerks!

you were honorable Gibb.

BG.

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

beardygoat wrote:the same way folks can not seem to love anyone who is not like them
Man don't I know that one. Until I came to the doll community I had never been under attack or hated by anyone. Now I have a whole following obsessed with bashing me. Problem is THEY are doll owners as well (not TDF) and are not outsiders :( If our own doll community can't get along without lying about and demeaning each other, how can we expect others outside the community to respect and accept us?

Regardless, I did an interview with Vice magazine and got virtually all neutral or positive comments. Unfortunately they got some of the story wrong and despite my emails and communications asking them to change it they have not :(

Gibb did OK. Someone with that many dolls is going to be seen as fringe. All things considered he still pushes us more mainstream and acceptable in my opinion.
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by kharn »

Hi All, :)

Just received a message from Gibb that he'll be live on the ITV This Morning Show, with Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield on Wednesday 30 March. He's not sure on the time, so you'll just have to see the whole show :wink:. This will of course be of special interest to UK members, but I would think that the highlights will be available on ITV player (the website) later in the day for all.
 Click to go to Coverdoll

Ursa_Major
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Ursa_Major »

According to the ITV website Gibb is scheduled to be on at 11.35 though I suppose things may be subject to change. I'll be at work so I'll have to watch it on ITV player when I get home.

kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by kharn »

Hi All,

Well Bob & Liz were on ITV This Morning with Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield :). A few leading questions from Phillip Schofied, but genarlly not a bad interview. I never thought they would be able to get so many dolls on camera, but they did :lol:.

The comments on the website are not so kind and there are allot of them, so be aware of that.

Well here's the link to the video clip on the show.

http://thismorning.itv.com/thismorning/ ... love-dolls
 Click to go to Coverdoll

Ursa_Major
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Ursa_Major »

I watched it when I got home from work and thought that Bob and Liz handled the interview very well. They seemed a lot more comfortable than Philip and Holly.

As for the comments, I suppose its no more than you'd expect under the circumstances.

pulchri-dude
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pulchri-dude »

I suppose everyone outside UK is going to have to wait for some brave souls to put some video rips up of the ITV Morning Show - unless you're tappin' into a sophisticated UK stealth proxy.

I assume that the Morning Show has a demographic more akin to Oprah, Maury Povich etc. based on the 95% mob mentality, feeding frenzy, knee-jerk, illiberal education, "feminist", products of a tabloid press, pampered housewives comments. Sounded to me like a bunch of ignorant fossilized skinheads who have never seen a Japanese college girl before (pulchris opinion here y'all :wink: )

The 5% guys comments were equaly divided between either "live & let live " or stickin' the shiv & twistin.

Guys are going to be 95% of the buyers, so "awareing" them & the video going viral all works out best in the long run.

Gibb :thumbs_up:

Did you borrow any "Special Guest" additional dolls? Appear to have multiple BoyToys, multiple RSSD-Candy8Teens, multiple Neo jrs there. Nice to see one of Creator's First Android Lollys in the mix to see her size. Seeing a CandyGirl Petite Jewel F & Lifedoll Mirufe too 8)

ITV.com
Attachments
Morning Show.jpg
Morning Show.jpg (88.06 KiB) Viewed 2084 times
Aki: From now on Tiger says you must do everything Japanese style.
James Bond: Everything? Good for Tiger.
Bond: And rule number two?
Tiger: Rule number two: in Japan, men "come" first, women "come" second.
Bond: I just might retire to here.

I LUV My ^^ (Asian) 18 Year Old People

cosycottage

Post by cosycottage »

kharn wrote: The comments on the website are not so kind and there are allot of them, so be aware of that.
I have to say I LMFAO reading those "disgusted of Tunbridge Wells" comments: just the kind of uptight curtain-twitchers who fear their pet Jack Russell is going to be sexually molested in the street any time the local council allows an anti-war/budget cuts protest to go ahead.

As for the programme, it was nothing less than I'd expect from a time slot devoted to MOR Middle Englanders. :roll:
Good work Bob and Missus.

Great to see it on daytime tv. Couldn't give a shit about the dozy knee-jerkasaurus brigade and what they think - cos they'll be busy telling their husbands all about it tonight, who in turn will be saying "yes dear" while trying to memorise the web link to search at work tomorrow.... :mrgreen: :multi:
"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it." Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Samurai
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Samurai »

Ok this is my first atempt at video capture, it does get better as it go's along. Bobs Love dolls as seen on the UK's This Morning Show.

itsme
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by itsme »

G.
Thats a great intervue. Its nice to see how well all your dolls are taken care of.
its great to see some of the dolls that are not seen often as well.

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

midiman wrote:
beardygoat wrote:the same way folks can not seem to love anyone who is not like them
Man don't I know that one. Until I came to the doll community I had never been under attack or hated by anyone. Now I have a whole following obsessed with bashing me. Problem is THEY are doll owners as well (not TDF) and are not outsiders :( If our own doll community can't get along without lying about and demeaning each other, how can we expect others outside the community to respect and accept us?

Regardless, I did an interview with Vice magazine and got virtually all neutral or positive comments. Unfortunately they got some of the story wrong and despite my emails and communications asking them to change it they have not :(

Gibb did OK. Someone with that many dolls is going to be seen as fringe. All things considered he still pushes us more mainstream and acceptable in my opinion.
I don't think it's you as a doll owner they are bashing, Mid. That's a personal spat amoungst humans and our characteristic talent of intolerance.

But back to the subject at hand, I though it was a very well written and open minded article. Despite the ignorant ramblings of some of the more close minded posters (in the article, not here).

BTY, G., what exactly is an "Ambassador" (under your avatar)?
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

INFORMATIONS