Video

Customs

This section is for videos about dolls, people who own dolls and movies about and involving dolls.

Moderator: Swan

Customs

Post by 777 »

Just some info on customs. I have ordered a doll form an online shop. The dispatch was fairly quick. My doll came from China, then to India, France and has been at Manchester customs for 6 days now. No-one seems to know what is happening, but I have to call Customs on Monday. The supplier sent me the invoice which is far less than what I paid for the doll. They profess to pay all the import duty, but it is only a small amount due the grossly reduced invoice. I wait with bated breath!

N_saneone
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Customs

Post by N_saneone »

Hey Dude, sorry to hear about the delay. If you don't mind me asking what doll did you purchase? And also how much was the price you paid compared with the invoice price?

jpcbird

Post by jpcbird »

I had a similar problem with mine and Canada customs in 2014. The vendor listed the $2000 doll as $200 value
( I guess they tried to save me money on duty) When I contacted customs and they asked me the value of the item, I told them straight up $2K and that it must have been an honest paper error on the shippers part. ( I knew something was up from the delay)I paid the 5% duty and it was cleared.
I was told by the agent that if I had failed to declare the true amount the item would have been seized and destroyed. My lose
If this was true or not I don't know but I would have hated to lose the total value over a difference of $90
( Customs deals with this type of false value all the time, they are not stupid )

AnonViking
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AnonViking »

China is famous for its fake invoices. One of their "cheat" in the international markets to lower the cost to the consumer, at the expense of honest competitors.

Custom agencies in the western world are all too aware of this. I've heard that the EU is cracking down on this. Because this is simply illegal, this is actually fraud, tax fraud and toll fraud. Seizure and destruction of the goods is a possibility.

I think the doll companies here should realize this and honest the f. up about their invoices that they attach on the packages, they could be doing no favors to the buyer. They actually would claim no responsibility about your countries customs actions, even if they were triggered by a fake invoice. All is fair in love and war.

Samsara
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Samsara »

Wow. I had a feeling that dealing the customs would be a drag so I only deal with already imported goods. It definitely limits my options but thus far, it has been hassle free.

INFORMATIONS