www.wmdolls.com

Would anyone be interested in this MQ w/mods?

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.

Would you purchase this mannequin with MannequinFan modifications?

Yes, I would be interested in Mannequin A
58%
Yes, I would be interested in Mannequin B
12%
Yes, but price is too high.
No votes
I already have the mannequin, and I would be interested in a Fleshlight adapter.
12%
No, not interested at all
19%

Total votes: 26

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Re: Would anyone be interested in this MQ w/mods?

Post by MannequinFan »

mandos wrote: Lol, it's not really that great and mindblowing. After I did the paintjob on her I covered her in 7 coats of PlastiDip clear rubber spray and then 1-2 coats of PlastiDip glossifier to bring out a shine and smooth things out. I did the same minus the glossifier on my first mannequin aswell. Makes her a bit more lifelike as it's slightly soft, warmer to the touch, and it adds texture and skin-like properties to the color with slight variations and light reflecting different than a smooth painted surface. Phew, long sentence!
Ah yes Plastidip!
I was looking at that with Abby, but I was worried that it would peel off too easily.
Did you use the spray cans or apply it by brush, roller or some other way?

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

mandos wrote: Makes her a bit more lifelike as it's slightly soft, warmer to the touch, and it adds texture and skin-like properties to the color with slight variations and light reflecting different than a smooth painted surface. Phew, long sentence!
Far out man.
That's like a condition of material existence characterized by dimensions and limitless extensions considered with and without reference to what it contains.

I'm going to finish my milk and cookies and take a nap now.
I've overtaxed my brain and stash.
RK :sleeping:
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Cubiko
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Cubiko »

MannequinFan wrote: Ah yes Plastidip!
I was looking at that with Abby, but I was worried that it would peel off too easily.
Did you use the spray cans or apply it by brush, roller or some other way?
Spray, it's the only version I was able to get over here. I used black + gloss on the wheels of my car and it stayed on for two winter seasons with ice, salt and dirt. However, it's not really a permanent solution for the mannequin as it will start to peel at some point. Then you'd have to tear it all off (pretty easy with as many coats as I put on) or repair it. I'm starting to see wear and blemishes on her butt and knees, after about 6 months, but it has been fun :wink:
rubherkitty wrote: That's like a condition of material existence characterized by dimensions and limitless extensions considered with and without reference to what it contains.
My head hurts.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Meanwhile at the inventors corner...... :)

LOL, BTW I just ordered some of this stuff...
http://www.avesstudio.com/apoxie/apoxie-sculpt

It's supposed to be really good - clay like modeling properties in a 2 part epoxy putty. Can be tooled/smoothed with water and 0% shrinkage.
Looks like it's very similar to the Smooth-On Free form sculpt putty.
What's nice is they have it available in more sizes - 4oz, 1#, 4# & 20#. The quarter pound will be great for a trial.
I'm going to give it a whirl on this MQ to finish out the adapter instead of using the ZAR putty.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Alright, here is the second part of the step by step installation tutorial.

ADAPTER INSTALLATION

7. The flange on the adapter overlaps the hole only about 1/4", so in order to make sure the adapter is centered, make some guide marks about 1/4" from the hole edge on the top and bottom as shown. Due to the shape, the adapter won't move sideways so there's no need for guide marks on the sides.

8. Place the adapter as shown, making sure that the flange aligns with your guide marks on top and bottom and that it is fitting snugly to the surface of the MQ.
Using a very small drill bit (1/16"), drill the pilot holes in the MQ for the screw attachment using the small guide holes in the adapter flange. You can tape the adapter in place temporarily if needed.
Note, in the pic the holes are larger because I had already drilled them out, which is the next step.
001.JPG
001.JPG (669.37 KiB) Viewed 2949 times
9. Enlarge the guide holes in the adapter for the screws using the 9/64" drill bit.
Sand the back of the adapter flange to remove any burrs, remove any dust and clean with alcohol. Also make sure the hole edge on the MQ is clean and free of any burrs.

10. For the next steps you will need the following:
2 part epoxy for plastic: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Loctite-0-85 ... /100371824
Stir stick for mixing epoxy - I used a Q-tip with the end cut off.
Disposable applicator - I used the handle of a plastic spoon.
Disposable mixing surface - a piece of aluminum foil will do.
6 small pan head screws (included)
Small philips screwdriver
Paper towels and isopropyl alcohol for cleanup.
006.JPG
006.JPG (766.1 KiB) Viewed 2949 times
11. Squeeze out equal parts of epoxy onto the foil, mix thoroughly and apply to the back of the adapter flange. Make a good size puddle - about 1-1/2" to 1-3/4" diameter. You will need enough to coat the entire flange all the way around with a heavy bead of epoxy.
Install adapter as shown using the small pan head screws. Do not over tighten the screws as they will strip easily - just gently tighten them enough to clamp the adapter to the surface of the MQ.

12. After the epoxy sets (about 20-30 minutes) the screws are removed and holes are filled with epoxy putty.
Let the epoxy cure for 24 hours before sanding and finishing.
011.JPG
011.JPG (678.16 KiB) Viewed 2949 times

mannequin man
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by mannequin man »

MannequinFan, hi. I am very impressed with your work & the 3d scanner tool is worth its weight in gold ! I have wanted that gal for a while now & still want to get one when $$$ allows. anyway, thank you for your updates & your quite the talented person. had you ever looked into or dabbled with Animatronics ? I have just a small bit, using salvaged servos & other parts from toys, vcr's, camcorders, etc.. I have a ton of gears, connecters, & other things I call "nublies". I have several totes of these "parts" if you ever delve into that in the future. just put that on the back burner for in the future & keep me in mind that i got all that stuff. Nice Work my friend !

MM.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Thanks very much MM! :)

I'm not much with electronics but I will certainly keep you in mind if I ever go that route.
I should be finishing up mannequin A for sale next week when I get the Apoxie putty that I ordered.
I'll give her a little camel toe in front and a sphincter in back. :razz:

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Just thought I would mention at this point:
The adapter install isn't finished yet - it will look much different when it's finished and painted to match.
I should be getting the Apoxie Sculpt in a few days, so stay tuned for the final finishing in part 3 of the tutorial.

Also, for those voting not interested, I'd be happy to see your comments, suggestions or criticism as long as it's constructive.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Most paint stores now days can scan an object and give you an exact paint color match.
I took a piece of the cutout to my local Home Depot today and they scanned it and matched the color dead on!
He painted a little on the right side of the piece. Can you see it?
002.JPG
002.JPG (362.6 KiB) Viewed 2877 times
3 bucks for an 8oz sample jar of paint. Can't beat that with a stick!

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

MannequinFan wrote: Also, for those voting not interested, I'd be happy to see your comments, suggestions or criticism as long as it's constructive.
I didn't vote as I'm not in need of a mannequin.

Softness? It's a MQ
Hideability? Ditto
Posability / positions? Ditto

You do fantastic work on these, but I think we are fighting a losing battle. No matter how nice they are, many are not interested in a MQ.
I think a dedicated mannequin site needs to be set up on the web. Mannequin lovers and sex games of the 21st century! or MannequinLovers.net
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Cubiko
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Cubiko »

MannequinFan wrote:Most paint stores now days can scan an object and give you an exact paint color match.
I took a piece of the cutout to my local Home Depot today and they scanned it and matched the color dead on!
Funny thing you should mention this, I did the same thing with my first mannequin. I cut of a piece of my Misty Stone Fleshlight (dark lovely version) and took it to my local paint store for a scan :lol:
rubherkitty wrote:No matter how nice they are, many are not interested in a MQ.
I think a dedicated mannequin site needs to be set up on the web. Mannequin lovers and sex games of the 21st century! or MannequinLovers.net
Isn´t there a mannequin festish site (pay site) out there, thought I saw a picture with their watermark on it somewhere on these forums? Maybe they have a forum/advertisment option?

Anyway, I do believe there are quite a few out there that could be interested in this - mannequin fetish or not (I´m not, but I love playing with my mq still). Most guys are just either too nervous to order a mq or have no idea how to get sexual pleasure from one. Ofcourse that (and the cost) is a barrier anyone that wants to buy a doll have to consider. I think this is a an idea that needs to get out there for it to be a success. Set up a blog for free (or a small fee) somewhere and put the info out there - then optimalize it towards Google and other search engines so anyone searching for homemade lovedoll/diy sexdoll or similar finds it pretty high on their hitlists. Only downside I see is the mq resellers getting a wind of this :wink:

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

mandos wrote:
Isn´t there a mannequin festish site (pay site) out there, thought I saw a picture with their watermark on it somewhere on these forums? Maybe they have a forum/advertisment option?

RK: Yes, Mannequin Fetish is a non interactive site. Pay to view.
A found a site that is joined w/ Deviant Art called Mannequinz that is more interactive. You can post your own pics. Does not appear that they get into custom modification though.

RK: Is TDF the only site on the whole WWW that does sex modifications to MQs??

Anyway, I do believe there are quite a few out there that could be interested in this - mannequin fetish or not (I´m not, but I love playing with my mq still). Most guys are just either too nervous to order a mq or have no idea how to get sexual pleasure from one. Ofcourse that (and the cost) is a barrier anyone that wants to buy a doll have to consider. I think this is a an idea that needs to get out there for it to be a success. Set up a blog for free (or a small fee) somewhere and put the info out there - then optimalize it towards Google and other search engines so anyone searching for homemade lovedoll/diy sexdoll or similar finds it pretty high on their hitlists. Only downside I see is the mq resellers getting a wind of this :wink:

lesr11

Post by lesr11 »

Hi, I am new to TDF. I currently make all sorts of things from fiber Glass. About six months ago a friend of mine ask me if i could repair a mannequin for him. since then i got the mannequin bug and started buying broken mannequins and parts off Ebay and repairing them and changeing there poses. I have also made a mannequin that takes a flashlight. if you would like to see any of them i have uploaded pictures to my TDF Album. i have just finnished making a new one and i will upload pictures of it in a while. i would love to here any ones comments and surgestions.
Regards
Les

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14423

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

rubherkitty wrote:RK: Is TDF the only site on the whole WWW that does sex modifications to MQs??
Lol, apparently so.
I did a Google search "modifying mannequins for sex" and this thread on TDF was on top of the list:
http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 40&t=41096
A 2 year old thread with no pics. :roll:

No websites devoted to this that I could find.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

lesr11 wrote:Hi, I am new to TDF. I currently make all sorts of things from fiber Glass. About six months ago a friend of mine ask me if i could repair a mannequin for him. since then i got the mannequin bug and started buying broken mannequins and parts off Ebay and repairing them and changeing there poses. I have also made a mannequin that takes a flashlight. if you would like to see any of them i have uploaded pictures to my TDF Album. i have just finnished making a new one and i will upload pictures of it in a while. i would love to here any ones comments and surgestions.
Regards
Les

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14423
Hi lesr11 and welcome to the forum!
Sounds cool! Apparently your pics aren't available yet for viewing but I will certainly check them out!

INFORMATIONS