www.wmdolls.com

Special Project: EVA with Interactive Audio!

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
DDdioxine
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Special Project: EVA with Interactive Audio!

Post by DDdioxine »

Really really amazing!!

DD.

Nick
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Nick »

DollAfficionado wrote:I am really enjoying this thread. Please keep it going.
I 2nd that, this project of yours has been awesome MannequinFan
Nick

homersexual

Post by homersexual »

This is really impressive work you've done!

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Thanks D.A., DD, Nick and Homer! :)

Here's the cameltoe mold completed and ready to go.
The mold surfaces were painted with 2 coats Polycrylic and then sanded down...
IMG_3946.JPG
IMG_3946.JPG (658.32 KiB) Viewed 2985 times
My printer had a little hiccup near the end of the female mold print - nozzle overheated and it stopped printing.
It printed far enough though to get the whole shape so it was still usable. Not sure what caused the overheating but it's a good safety feature that it stops. Don't want no fires startin!

I'm really liking this flowable silicone. The stuff is so easy to work with - just add a dab of paint to get a pretty close match.
I wish it were cheaper and available in larger quantities as it's great for molding.
Mold soaking and silicone color on MQ
Mold soaking and silicone color on MQ
IMG_3947.JPG (646.02 KiB) Viewed 2974 times
Gotta take a break and do some financial stuff. (taxes, yuck!) :(

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Took some pics with the finished silicone cameltoe today.
This is just placed temporary for photo - not glued on yet...
IMG_3952.JPG
IMG_3952.JPG (563.79 KiB) Viewed 2951 times
The color match isn't perfect but it's pretty close.
For some reason the silicone seems to change the pigment color slightly.
IMG_3951.JPG
IMG_3951.JPG (291.46 KiB) Viewed 2951 times

Dollmoon
Apprentice
Apprentice

Great Work!

Post by Dollmoon »

You are really talented! Eva is coming along really well. Real Doll or something should hire you :) How is Abby coming along? Can't wait to see her finished.

Sorry to hear about the "Afinia H480 3D Printer" Tho there is 1 good thing about that. You CAN Buy 2 New Afinia H480 3D Printers for the cost of 1, and have a little Mannequin Factory going there. $799.00 is closer to my budget in a couple months, tho I have a cheap Fabrikator Mini 3D Printer - V1.5 coming hopefully soon to get my feet wet in printing, even tho it's PLA. But I can at least work on Mini Dolls and Action Figurines.

Looks like you can make a living with dolls, sexual and normal :) 3d printers, pretty awesome.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Thanks Dollmoon!
Actually, Abby has been finished for a while with her old head and legs, but I'm not entirely happy with them so I'm not really ready to bring her out yet. I need to sell this Eva and Fiona to keep funding the hobby, then I'll do the upgrades to Abby. I really want to get some new legs done with better knee joints and some high heel feet. Also the new head design from Makehuman I think will fit her much better.

You are right about the printers, I could get two more and have three printers cranking away in my print closet. :idea:
3 would fit perfectly on the 4' long countertop. :D

Lahfan1970

Post by Lahfan1970 »

MannequinFan wrote:The mold surfaces were painted with 2 coats Polycrylic and then sanded down...
I was wondering how you got rid of the layering... Damn, man, doing the concave part of that mold must have been a bitch! Well done, amazing work as always. :thumbs_up:

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Lahfan1970 wrote:
MannequinFan wrote:The mold surfaces were painted with 2 coats Polycrylic and then sanded down...
I was wondering how you got rid of the layering... Damn, man, doing the concave part of that mold must have been a bitch! Well done, amazing work as always. :thumbs_up:
Thanks and yes, that's the major difficulty with printing molds.
I was able to use my thumb with sandpaper to get it sanded pretty well but it was still difficult.
It was three steps - rough sand with 120 grit, then seal with 2 coats Polycrylic, sanding between each coat with 220. Then final sand with 220 for a dull finish.

Smooth-On makes an epoxy coating called XTC-3D for filling the layer lines in prints which may work a little better. It dries shiny though do you'd still need to sand it to get a matte finish.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

I think it came out great! :thumbs_up:

Regarding silicone for molding. Have you pretty much given up the idea of using the GE Kitchen & Bath 1 silicone? I'm really thinking hard about picking up the ethnic teen MQ from Roxy to try and mold a cloth and silicone skin from her. I actually have a tube of the GE I guess I should try on cloth.
I hate to pay the cost to do the whole skin w/ plat silicone.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

rubherkitty wrote:I think it came out great! :thumbs_up:

Regarding silicone for molding. Have you pretty much given up the idea of using the GE Kitchen & Bath 1 silicone? I'm really thinking hard about picking up the ethnic teen MQ from Roxy to try and mold a cloth and silicone skin from her. I actually have a tube of the GE I guess I should try on cloth.
Thanks RK :)
On my experiments molding some nipples with the thinned silicone sealant the shrinkage was significant.
It could be adding the thinner that makes it shrink, not sure. I wasn't using GE, but it was another brand of pure silicone sealant in a squeeze tube.
The Permatex flowable doesn't need thinning and there is no shrinkage at all that I have noticed. It's great for small stuff but it would be far too expensive for a whole doll skin - even more than platsil.

The GE might work just fine for what you are doing. Are you planning on thinning it with something or using it straight? Are you going to make a mold or try doing the inside out trick?

Dolls to the walls
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dolls to the walls »

This is really amazing, I have been quietly watching this thread with admiration :D

I was wondering about the posibility of also using a mercury type switch that could activate the sound module
When your girl is moved back and forth.
I have seen them with multiple contacts, so a different sound could be played depending.on the angle of the doll.
Not unlike an old school HVAC thermostat.

Thoughts?

Edit, found this, its mercury free and just one contact but if you chained the sounds like you said you could get
100, that could be some fun. You could also do multiple switches set at different angles for different sounds/moans.
Was thinking about how I could use this externally on my RD so I wouldn't have to modify her.

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/e ... B-JS&v=735

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Thanks DTTW!

I'm not familiar with the mercury switch but I guess any switch, as long as it is just a simple open/close(connects a circuit) it could be hooked up to the module.
Actually the motion sensor (PIR) will sense the MQ movement in a way. It senses a change in infrared, so if you move the MQ and you are still, it will also work as long as you are in view of the sensor.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

MannequinFan wrote:
rubherkitty wrote:I think it came out great! :thumbs_up:

Thanks RK :)
On my experiments molding some nipples with the thinned silicone sealant the shrinkage was significant.
It could be adding the thinner that makes it shrink, not sure. I wasn't using GE, but it was another brand of pure silicone sealant in a squeeze tube.
The Permatex flowable doesn't need thinning and there is no shrinkage at all that I have noticed. It's great for small stuff but it would be far too expensive for a whole doll skin - even more than platsil.

The GE might work just fine for what you are doing. Are you planning on thinning it with something or using it straight? Are you going to make a mold or try doing the inside out trick?
I would have to thin it to apply w/a brush on the fabric. Thin enough to apply smoothly and soak into the fabric, but thick enough to stay in place once applied. Not sure how that will go??
The Eco 10 soaks in fine and lays smooth on a flat surface and it's the thickest of the plat sil. It may require a combo of plat sil viscosity's for different amounts of layering or build up.

You are right about the fabric/silicone skin on things like butt cracks. Too thick and they would not be reversible. As far as method, I think the inside out could work for the larger smooth areas if I can get the fabric to hug the mannequin tight enough. Then the skin would have to be flipped w/ the smooth side out and touch up work done of the outer surface of the skin. Since I wouldn't be making huge tits, they will just be molded smooth and nipples molded and glued on w/ silpoxy.
The crotch area is still a mind work in progress and too complicated to go into here. I will also have to study the mannequin in person. The hands and feet can be molded solid w/ PVC tubing coming out so they can be attached to a skeleton. The skin sleeves and cuffs would silpoxy to the hands and feet. All in theory of course! :whistle:

ETA: But don't spend too much time thinking of a response as I think I may just go back to the Masterpiece Doll project. Some hurdles may have been cleared to make things easier.

Regarding the mercury switch. The mercury in the glass tube hits the 2 contacts connecting them when the tube is tilted.
Attachments
mercury switch.jpg
mercury switch.jpg (9.98 KiB) Viewed 2855 times
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Pygmalion
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Pygmalion »

I'm not really into sound, but you did a great job MannequinFan. I've also seen the other modifications you did and I'm quite impressed. Mannequins can be fun. :multi:
I'll surely keep that in mind, your work is full of good hints, thanks.
I prefer to not have a signature, it's so hard to write words that don't offend anyone. Wait a minute, this is a signature! Gee, I hope nobody will be offended...

INFORMATIONS