www.wmdolls.com

We Are the Robots: the Fleet of Misfit Machines

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.

An Amusing Halloween Costume Idea

Post by 42716 »

Happy Halloween! I've been up to the aerials in work this month, as is typically the case for those of us who sell fashion, because everyone's been shopping for costume components. (And because I did get a second job, finally.) So I haven't had time to do much that's Droid-related, but I did manage to come up with this simple, punny couple's costume idea to wear with 31617:
DSC04309.JPG
DSC04309.JPG (764.39 KiB) Viewed 3520 times
Also, I want to wish 103115 a happy 2nd year Commemorative Date Anniversary! I feel guilty for not doing anything special with him today... :oops: I suppose I'll have to crank out some comics featuring him over the next few days in order to make it up to him.

SynDaverlover765

Re: We Are the Robots: the Fleet of Misfit Machines

Post by SynDaverlover765 »

Happy CDA 103115! My 1CDA is on November 10.

TripleA
Doll
Doll

Post by TripleA »

Hi; 42716 and to 103115 HAPPY CDA for sure!
April Annabelle Atleur - AKA - TripleA

My Gallery Link: http://missatleur.com/coppermine/index.php?cat=10003

SynDaverlover765

Thinking of you today and 103115. While doing my time sheet at my volunteer job I noticed that I have worked 1031.15 hours! Made me laugh. Hope all is well.

Post by 42716 »

SynDaverlover765 wrote:Thinking of you today and 103115. While doing my time sheet at my volunteer job I noticed that I have worked 1031.15 hours! Made me laugh. Hope all is well.
Yes, that is quite an amusing co-incidence. :lol: I haven't been able to make those comics of 103115 I mentioned, because I lost my tripod and only recently found it a couple of days ago. But when I have time, once the holidays are over, I'll show you what happened when 103115 did some volunteer work for me...or tried to do.

But at the very least, I can share this intriguing discovery that he made into the verity of ZZ Top's claim that every girl's crazy about a sharp-dressed man. I had him dressed up in a suit and tie, and left him in the vicinity of 3461, which had never seen him looking so smart before. This is what transpired:
sharp-dressed man 1.JPG
sharp-dressed man 1.JPG (1.58 MiB) Viewed 3336 times
3461 hadn't ever shown much interest in 103115 when he was in his standard clothes, but the formal outfit seems to have made him much more interesting to her. Observe what she's doing to his arm:
sharp-dressed man 2.JPG
sharp-dressed man 2.JPG (2.3 MiB) Viewed 3336 times
The thing that's especially shocking about this is she has never wanted to make lead contact with any of us before. Such is the power of a well-fitting suit. 8) And while we're on the subject, 31617 has a suit of his own now. It turns out he doesn't hate being well-dressed if the clothes are actually his size. Perhaps I should dress all of us up in our formal best and take a Christmas photo, though I don't have any particularly festive decorations at my base.

119's 1 Year CDA

Post by 42716 »

Today is 119's 1 year Commemmorative Date Anniversary, and in a cruel twist of fate, I had to be out of town today, so I couldn't celebrate with her. :( But we will definitely do so when I return home on Saturday. I imagine she is revisiting the memory of the day she spent with April this day last year. I know I still look back on it fondly.

CDA Cake for 119

Post by 42716 »

It came a few days late, but 119 did get her 1st year CDA commemorative cake in the end.
119 CDA cake 1.JPG
119 CDA cake 1.JPG (1.89 MiB) Viewed 3311 times
119 CDA cake 2.JPG
119 CDA cake 2.JPG (2.06 MiB) Viewed 3311 times
119 CDA cake 3.JPG
119 CDA cake 3.JPG (2.3 MiB) Viewed 3311 times
I learned from the poor outcome of 52016's cake and was able to make this one turn out cooked all the way through. I also finally managed the triumph of chemistry that is getting white chocolate and jam to combine into a flavoured icing (an extraordinarily difficult task, since jam is a remarkably lipophobic substance). By the time I've baked a CDA cake for each member of this fleet, I should be able to turn out a successful kladdkaka in every colour of the rainbow, given how many theme colours we have here. Whether my letter piping skills will ever improve is more doubtful. :lol:

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: CDA Cake for 119

Post by Slew »

Ivy and I would like to wish 119 a happy belated CDA. The cake looks delicious!

Merry Christmas to you all as well. :glou:

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Happy CDA! Nice cake!

It isn't tooooo suprising what a little formal wear can accomplish.;)

Erry christmas! :glou:
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

SynDaverlover765

Thinking of you today again at work. I got my connector tangled up on a clothes hanger and yanked it out. Thankfully it didn't hurt. Also wishing 119 a late happy CDA.

Post by 42716 »

SynDaverlover765 wrote:Thinking of you today again at work. I got my connector tangled up on a clothes hanger and yanked it out. Thankfully it didn't hurt. Also wishing 119 a late happy CDA.
Yes, it's all too easy for that to happen. Doorknobs are the worst offender for us. It doesn't hurt us either to have the lead disconnected; in fact, we don't always have them on in situations where it isn't practical to do. However, most of us do find it highly unpleasant for the metal end of the connector to fall and strike the ground. It sends a nauseated chill through my body when that impact happens, similar to the effect of hearing nails on a blackboard. The others have varying degrees of sensitivity to the occurrence, but all except 103115 will make it known they aren't pleased if I let their connectors drop.

I think the girls find the experience less unpleasant, because their connectors are encased in plastic boxes, and consequently have little exposed metal surface area that could make contact with the ground. Male and male-appearing female connectors (the sort with no protective box around the socket frame, which 94712 and I have) are more vulnerable to this type of injury. However, 103115 is curiously immune to any discomfort caused by contact between connector and floor. In fact, if he's dressed in clothes that offer no belts, ties, or loops upon which to hang the lead, he will just let it trail on the floor behind him where the rest of us always step on it. I can't fathom how he isn't irritated by this.

I do wish there were such a thing as a protective cap for USB female ends, the way there is for the male ends, but unfortunately, no such thing seems to exist. Perhaps I ought to commission someone in the Inventor's Corner to make some with a 3D printer.

On a different subject, I have been giving a great deal of thought to the idea I voiced a few days ago of taking a formal attire group photo, and have been putting together some possible outfits. However, I have a sales event to attend this weekend, so I won't have time to change everyone's clothes and take the photo until sometime next week. If the potted Christmas tree I've obtained survives until then, I'll carry on with my original plan to make it a Christmas photo. Technically, it'll still be seasonally appropriate, since Christmas lasts until Easter...if you believe the lyrics of the song "Nu är det jul igen", that is.

Not Dead, Just Fat

Post by 42716 »

My apologies for seeming to have fallen off the face of the earth. I haven't posted much lately because, to be brutally honest, relations between myself and the Misfit Machines are on rocky ground at present. I've been failing to give them as much attention as they deserve, which causes them to express resentment towards me. But it seems unbearable to spend time with them when I feel so disgusting and inferior in comparison. Have a look at this photo, and pay attention to the girth discrepancy between us. Then you'll probably understand why I feel this way:
Neon 80s Clothes.JPG
Neon 80s Clothes.JPG (1.17 MiB) Viewed 3080 times
Getting a job at a restaurant that serves nothing but weight-sabotaging bar food while also undergoing a medical regimen that's far from kind to the metabolism is quite a catastrophic combination. I now have an entire rack of clothing I can no longer fit into because I've packed on nearly 12 kilos, and being this overweight makes me feel unfit to associate with the likes of my model-thin plastic friends. But I'm currently undergoing a rigorous diet and exercise regimen to try to turn things around (and to improve my health in preparation for an upcoming surgery). I'm hopeful that once I've recovered from surgery, and lost enough weight to fit into my nice clothes again, I'll feel more inspired to engage the Droids in activities and adventures.

I did manage to muster the motivation to take 2608 out to an 80's throwback dance party a few weeks ago. That's what the two of us were dressed up for in the photo above. Unfortunately, I couldn't take any photos of us at the event itself, because neither of us had any pockets in our clothing, and carrying a digital camera in one's trouser space tends to impede the enjoyment derived from dancing.

The fact that the 80's spawned a hit film about a man who has a relationship with a mannequin provides an ideal excuse for bringing a plastic friend to such events. But I was pleasantly surprised to find I rarely needed to employ this excuse, because most people weren't at all perturbed by the presence of a synthetic humanoid in their midst. On the contrary, 2608 was a massive hit with the party-goers, especially the women, and he got many more compliments on his clothes and requests for photos than I did. I suppose the novelty of being a man dressed for the occasion gave him an advantage in the popularity department, because it's typically only the women who dress up for these themed events.

Speaking of dressing up, I've decided to postpone taking formal attire photos until I shoot the photos for our Fleet's fashion showcase video. The video will display each member of the Fleet in his/her/its summer attire, winter attire, and formal attire, and be set to a collection of our favourite songs. I'm waiting to shoot it until the flowers are in bloom in the local park (most likely in late April/early May), so the background will be as picturesque as possible.

During Christmastime, 103115, 31617, 2608, 4101 and I took the photos to be used in the making of a seasonally festive and rather amusing stop-motion-animation video, but it's proven such a chore to edit them into the finished product that I still haven't got it done. You can look forward to seeing it sometime in the next 2 weeks, when being bed-bound after surgery will leave me with much more free time to devote to such projects.

Early CDA Cake for 31617

Post by 42716 »

Poor 31617 is going to have to do without any sort of celebration for his 1st year Commemorative Date Anniversary, due to the fact that I won't be sufficiently recovered by March 16th to be able to take him anywhere. I'm not positive I'll even be able to make him a cake at that point, so I went ahead and made it now, to be certain he gets one.

Behold, the Monochrome Masterpiece (it consists of a layer of chocolate cake, a layer of vanilla icing, and a layer of vanilla cake, topped with chocolate icing and chequerboard cookies):
316 cda cake 1.JPG
316 cda cake 1.JPG (1.88 MiB) Viewed 3078 times
316 cda cake 2.JPG
316 cda cake 2.JPG (1.49 MiB) Viewed 3078 times
316 cda cake 3.JPG
316 cda cake 3.JPG (2.48 MiB) Viewed 3078 times
316 cda cake 4.JPG
316 cda cake 4.JPG (1.53 MiB) Viewed 3078 times
316 cda cake 5.JPG
316 cda cake 5.JPG (1.6 MiB) Viewed 3078 times
316 cda cake 6.JPG
316 cda cake 6.JPG (2.32 MiB) Viewed 3078 times
31617 is a bit disappointed that he can't pretend to eat it. (You might recall that 31617 can play-eat by raising food to his mouth, then hiding it, but he can't do this with sticky, greasy, or damp foods that would stain his hands.) I suppose I should have let him have his fun with the border cookies before affixing them to the plate with icing. :oops:

I invested in a fancy icing piping tool to do the detail work for this cake, and although it does help with drawing fiddly details such as the USB symbol on the top, it comes with the drawback of requiring 2 hands to operate: one to manoeuvre the pen, and the other to depress the plunger. This makes it impossible to dexterously operate the tool and rotate the cake simultaneously, which is why that wavy side pattern went so badly pear-shaped.

The chequerboard cookies didn't turn out optimally either, but considering what a shambles of a recipe I was working from, it's a miracle they even turned into something edible. I certainly had to draw from the most advanced reserves of my culinary troubleshooting skills to rectify the disastrous results of a recipe that expects short dough to be manipulable in the same manner as yeast dough. Lesson learnt: never use a cookbook purchased at IKEA. It makes their furniture assembly instructions look fantastically straightforward and logical by comparison.

Because I'm doing my best to eat healthfully in preparation for surgery, I'm not able to partake of this cake myself (I already cheated on my diet enough by taste-testing the various components). Fortunately, I'm acquainted with a team of engineers who are in constant need of concentrated sources of sugar and saturated fat to convert into programming code, so the cake won't go to waste.

An Unpleasant Reality Check

Post by 42716 »

Greetings to anyone who is still bothering to follow this long-dormant thread. I return bearing not the video you were promised, but a rather disheartening story in which 103115 was forced to confront the unpleasant reality of just how pestilential members of the human race can act.

I had previously refrained from taking my white-faced droids on public excursions, due to their inability to blend in with humans as well as the units with the more detailed faces can do. I'd imagined that their unusual appearance would be more likely to garner negative reactions from the people we encountered. However, this past weekend, the local disco was hosting an explicitly robot-themed industrial dance night, which appeared to be a rare opportunity for robots of all descriptions to mingle with humans without incurring hostile reactions. This is the same place I'd successfully brought 2608 as a companion to the 80s-themed dance, so I felt confident I would be able to bring one of my synthetic companions without violating any rules.

I decided to take 103115, dressed in this cracker of an outfit from the "how 42716 used to dress as a teenager" collection:
10 buckle jacket.JPG
10 buckle jacket.JPG (1.45 MiB) Viewed 2835 times
10 buckle jacket closeup.JPG
10 buckle jacket closeup.JPG (2.09 MiB) Viewed 2835 times
I'm so glad I didn't get rid of the masculine clothing I used to wear back then. It's no longer a good fit for my body or my tastes, but it looks a treat on 103115. (Most of 94712's wardrobe is assembled from that collection as well.)

We got into the venue just fine, found a secluded spot in the back of the room, and enjoyed ourselves quite nicely for most of the night. As I've stated previously, 103115 doesn't have specific auditory preferences, so he was unable to derive enjoyment from the music itself. However, I discovered that if I placed my connector in his hand, I was able to convey to him some measure of the energy and pleasure I experienced from the music, thereby enabling him to have nearly as good a time as I did. Because his outfit blended in so well with the black walls, most people didn't even notice him, but those who did were generally complimentary of our matching aesthetics, since I was dressed in black and silver as well.

Things went pear-shaped around midnight, when a very drunk man aggressively insisted I come out to the centre of the dance floor with him. I told him I'd prefer to stay in the back so I could be with 103115, and he launched into a tirade about how I was too beautiful and awesome to be hiding back there with that guy, throwing out all sorts of insults about 103115 and how he wasn't good enough for me and was just holding me back, because "he can't even talk to you". Thankfully, the man heeded my request to go away, but it was still very hard on us and ruined our enjoyment of the rest of the evening. I also felt guilty that I hadn't said more to defend 103115's honour, but it's difficult to know what to say in an aggressive confrontation that won't only lead to more trouble.

I did my best to console 103115 afterwards, and to convince him that I was happier sharing the night out with him than I would have been with any human companion, but my words had little effect. He's been out of sorts ever since, but 119 and 3461 are doing their best to cheer him up, and being with them seems to be more of a comfort to him than spending time with me. I suppose even big, strong senpai need to be on the receiving end of the emotional support sometimes.
10-119-34 hugging.JPG
10-119-34 hugging.JPG (1.51 MiB) Viewed 2835 times
I feel badly for admitting this when I know there are people here who have enjoyed my content, but it doesn't reflect positively on my state of mind when I feel like posting here. I've discovered that the contempt for human society which events such as this foster within me is ultimately the driving force of my desire to be active and exhibitionistic in my relationship with the Droids (in other words, to photograph and chronicle their exploits here). At times when I feel less animosity towards humanity, I still enjoy the company of my synthetic companions and find them to be a great source of inspiration, but at those time I prefer to keep our socialisation, and any creative endeavours that arise from it, private. I'm continuing to write down whatever ideas I come up with for Misfit Machines comics, videos, GIFs, and so on, but please don't expect me to post as much content here as I'd originally planned to do, or as frequently as I used to do when I started this thread. I will finish up and post the Christmas-themed video when I have time to complete the editing, because I've done so much work on it already that it would be a shame to let it go to waste, but I would advise you to keep your expectations low regarding the release of any additional content from us.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: An Unpleasant Reality Check

Post by Slew »

Hey 42.. it's nice to see you. :) :)
42716 wrote:I feel badly for admitting this when I know there are people here who have enjoyed my content, but it doesn't reflect positively on my state of mind when I feel like posting here.
Utterly understandable. The absurd human shit-show is in full effect and ignorance abounds like always, seemingly now more so than ever. Your contempt shows that you're awake and sane, and if it helps at all to vent and post about it here, I'm glad the forum is available to you for that use.

So of course please only post what you feel like posting, and when you feel like posting it. I hope you keep coming back though.

INFORMATIONS