www.wmdolls.com

Nildi's Girls

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
Nildi
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Nildi's Girls

Post by Nildi »

Yes it's plural! Iza finally got some mannequin friends and just boring human me. Well just one friend now but I'm picking up another tomorrow :mrgreen: Just a quick phone pic today - moving to a new place and unpacking a girl on the same day is exhausting :sleeping: But expect more of Iza, Angie and others in this topic!

Left: Iza, a Loutoff LEM-27 that I've had for year and a half now.
Right: Angie, a Hindsgaul Angie (obvoiusly), repainted by Moch.
Attachments
Iza_&_Angie_1.jpg
Iza_&_Angie_1.jpg (5.52 MiB) Viewed 3479 times

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Nildi's Girls

Post by Mr Franz »

Nice! I do love the plastic and fiberglass ladies.... :drinking:

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

Pretty! They must be a delight to come home to.

You mentioned repainting Angie. For the benefit of TDF members who might want to own a mannequin of their own, is there any sort of care and maintenance required? Or are they pretty long-lasting, as long as they don't fall over? :)
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

Nildi
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Nildi »

Angie repaint was comissioned by her previous owner and I have no idea if she really needed it or if they only wanted a change of style.
As for mannequin durability, it depends on three factors: usage, materials and quality.
A mannequin just standing as a part of collection is very long lasting - the paint may crack and flake due to time and UV expousure but that will take a couple of decades.
But when a mannequin is disassembled dressed and assembled frequently there will be scratches and chips, especially in the areas around joints. And if you want your mannequins for something more than looking pretty - playtime is also a major source of scratches, possibly even cracks.
Hard plastic mannequins are more resistant than fiberglass but generally not so well modeled.
And of course quality is a big factor. Angie has at least two times thicker shell than Iza and all her joints fit tight. Iza, like all Loutoffs, is a bit wobbly in the waist. This combined with thin fiberglass has led to cracking along the waist joint. I had to fill them with ski/surfboard epoxy glue.
Angie seems also more chip resistant. She has a different kind of paint and it seems painted directly over fiberglass, while Iza has a thin layer of white plaster between fiberglass and paint. Yesterday night Angie's arm hit her chin edge on (my fault, sorry!) and neither the chin nor the arm had any marks. I'm sure Iza would loose some paint.

Nildi
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Nildi »

Like I mentioned in the first post, today I picked up another mannequin :D
Her name (as told by her previous owner) is Grażyna, but we can call her Grace here on TDF for those who can't display "ż". The meaning of both names is kinda similar anyway.
I don't know the brand or year of production, but she looks like a German model from late 70s or early 80s, possibly Polish from late 80s. (There was just one mannequin manufacturer in Poland back then, so this should be easy to check). She was standing for two years in a tanning salon and before that in a small clothes shop. Sadly the lady that sold me Grace had no information on her earlier story.
Grace's made of hard plastic, not fiberglass, and in generally good condition. The only issue is some paint loss on the backs of her hands. Also her front leg and neck became yellowish from light/UV (maybe from the tanning beds?) but this is only visible under close inspection or in cool lightning. She has a few scratches here and there, most visibly on her chin. Fortunately no cracks - I wouldn't have bought her otherwise.
As she's the oldest of my group, I gave her a bit more formal clothes :)
Oh, almost forgot to mention. She was 100zł ($28; €23; £21), it's less than the wig she's wearing :mrgreen:
PS Her foot is not that long, it's just my lack of photographic skill :oops:
Attachments
Grace_1.jpg
Grace_1.jpg (539.5 KiB) Viewed 3376 times

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

Mannequins need very little care. I've had them for thirty years.
Hindsgaul are the most realistic.
I was lucky to have a Hindsgaul showroom near me, in Manhattan.
When ever I needed a mannequin redone, I would just take her to a mannequin restorer here in Manhattan.
Before ebay, I bought my mannequins in the showrooms. Piece by piece, since I couldn't afford a whole one. This was back in 1986.
mannequins ran close to a thousand dollars, but they were much more realistic than today's crap mannequins from China that cost only $100 on eBay.
You might find some vintage mannequins on eBay from the 1980's.
For an extra hundred dollars, you can get them with movable glass eyes, which were much more realistic.
1980's mannequins are more realistic than RealDolls. Only problem was, they were a bit stiff, not posable and there was no place to stick it.
Laying in bed with a mannequin was nowhere close to laying in bed with a Silicone Doll

Nildi
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Nildi »

New Hindsgaul or Rootstein mannequins are super realistic as well. And they still cost around $1000 :D I think Hindsgaul introduced some cheaper line but with less customization and fewer poses.

Quick update: Angie just told me her birthday^^
Sorry for the rotated pic. Couldn't fix it on my phone.
Attachments
received_1546239558818151.jpeg
received_1546239558818151.jpeg (89.57 KiB) Viewed 3317 times

jdogg1982
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by jdogg1982 »

Nice collection!

Nildi
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Nildi »

It turns out that the camera in my phone is much better than I thought, it's just that the default app doesn't allow me to manually choose exposure time and always set ISO incredibly high indoors.
Here's a quick series of portraits of Angie using different Android camera apps. The left one is default, the middle - free version of an app, and the right one - paid version of same app. The last one is a bit different shot and with more editing, however my main point here is differences in noise and detail. Not naming the app, because different phones work best with different apps, so a bit of trial and error is required.
So if you want to have some better quality photos and you don't want to spend a lot on a good camera, a modern phone with a tripod and some lightning is a nice cheaper alternative. (that is if you already have a modern smartphone, if not, then it's better to just buy a camera xD)
Attachments
default.jpg
default.jpg (1.18 MiB) Viewed 2919 times

INFORMATIONS