betterlovedoll.com

Tell us your views about sex - study of doll users.

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Tell us your views about sex - study of doll users.

Post by Stepford_CT »

RainLover wrote:
Sian_E wrote:We are happy to keep the forum informed as we get some results analysed in the coming weeks and months.
Forum updates as your analysis becomes available is required. Thank you.
I am curious to know how you will enforce that requirement. If he doesn't update you, what will you do?

Sate
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Sate »

Well that was an odd survey, though I started laughing when I saw the word "snog" and didn't realize it meant something sexual. It reminded me of the word snot and I get distracted from doing the word association.

- Sate
My Dolls
- Elsa Babe 148cm RAD Doll - viewtopic.php?f=541&t=148889

Sate's Doll Archives
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=84142

Special
Action Figures: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=95008
Video Game Models: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=130012

Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Stepford_CT »

Sate wrote:Well that was an odd survey, though I started laughing when I saw the word "snog" and didn't realize it meant something sexual. It reminded me of the word snot and I get distracted from doing the word association.

- Sate
Smog: A mixture of smoke and fog.

Snog: A mixture of snot and fog.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

I took the survey but I wish I didn't. To start with, there seemed to be an assumption that it's wrong for men to be attracted to women. I don't know when this became a problem because heterosexual men have ALWAYS been attracted to beautiful women. In fact, if men weren't attracted to women; then humans would have gone extinct a long time ago. :evidence:
One such example of this line of reasoning was the question regarding whether it's right or wrong for a man to stare at an attractive woman. Obviously there must be an assumption that doing so is wrong on some level because the question wouldn't have been asked otherwise.
But I didn't know how to answer this as it could be answered "YES" or "NO" depending on the situation. As I'm attracted to good looking women; I'm going to check them out. Right or wrong has nothing to do with it because it's pure instinct as a heterosexual male to do so. With that being said, I would be discreet about it as I wouldn't want to make the woman uncomfortable. So yes I would stare at a woman to admire her beauty and attractiveness, BUT I would do it without her noticing. Or at least try my best to keep her from noticing.
So I wish there was more context to the questions as it would have allowed more precise answers. With such ambiguity, the survey results will be flawed as the respondents could be interpreting the questions differently than intended. So instead of asking if it is ok for a man to stare at a woman, the question could have been rephrased to ask is it ok for a man to stare at woman if it was making her uncomfortable.
In any case, I hope I didn't make too big of a mess of it. I'm sure that I screwed up the word association part as I have never done anything like that before. One thing that tripped me up was the word "snog." I kept getting it wrong simply because I had no idea what it was. :? I honestly have never heard that word before and had to look it up afterward. :oops:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

Sian_E wrote: Please be assured that this research does not contain any anti-doll bias at all. We are actually interested in being able to communicate more accurately about the people who own dolls.
We are your brothers and sisters. Your neighbor and coworker. 'We' are just like you. We have an appreciation for something that some find strange, embarrassing, and because of the dolls sexual aspects, they deem us weird and deviant.

Not all point fingers and this world is too big for me to pay attention to those that do. They have their own problems although I will not stand in judgment of them because they are embarrassed by not knowing how to handle feelings about this particular subject matter. And while this gives them no right to justify calling us names and attaching labels, I understand it is what humans do when they have fear of the unknown and are close minded.

SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

zaxdoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by zaxdoll »

siliconelover wrote:
Sian_E wrote: Please be assured that this research does not contain any anti-doll bias at all. We are actually interested in being able to communicate more accurately about the people who own dolls.
We are your brothers and sisters. Your neighbor and coworker. 'We' are just like you. We have an appreciation for something that some find strange, embarrassing, and because of the dolls sexual aspects, they deem us weird and deviant.

Not all point fingers and this world is too big for me to pay attention to those that do. They have their own problems although I will not stand in judgment of them because they are embarrassed by not knowing how to handle feelings about this particular subject matter. And while this gives them no right to justify calling us names and attaching labels, I understand it is what humans do when they have fear of the unknown and are close minded.

+1

Jeff
Doll
Doll

Post by Jeff »

Ummmmm..... anyone that is very forceful or violent is going to easily destroy a doll. Has the researcher ever seen a doll in person? I'm guessing not? Would it help folks with those sorts of impulses? That would be nice to know. I'd say, for a lot of folks it turns into a nice hobby or a bit of happiness at home. Does it help some have an outlet when they're frustrated.... well, comb through some threads and you will see that is the case at times for a few. For most, if they become attached, the experience is more on par with transitional objects.

TDF isn't the best sample of 'doll users'. Most people that buy them never use the forum, I suspect that most dolls purchased end up stored under a bed or in a closet anyhow.... the folks here like their dolls enough that they bother to discuss them in their free time.

The survey questions were really disturbing, especially the part where you had to categorize words.... couldn't get beyond that.

Good luck with your research.
Man dolls.... because baby dolls come from somewhere!

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Stepford_CT wrote: Look at how lobbyists and protesters have already got legislators to pass laws curtailing possession, purchase of, and use of other legal-to-own items.
Indeed, and then
ccrider32759 wrote:In a society where we have opposition to our chosen lifestyle it doesn't make much sense to me to grant a Criminal Behavior group access to compare us to "normal" people. I.E. non-criminals. Regardless of the stated intentions, there's no way for this data to be used except in a negative way towards us ........ Kind of what I said before, you are giving them the ammunition to use against us. Maybe not the best idea, just saying....
and then
lilbitlonely wrote:..... violent tendencies, ...... the scope.....
Elements of these statements echo the whole gun reform debate, and indeed law makers make ill informed decisions.

In Australia with and B class Liscence I can privately own and shoot this baby.....
Steyr-HS50-M2002.jpg
Steyr-HS50-M2002.jpg (113.02 KiB) Viewed 920 times
HS 50.jpg
HS 50.jpg (90.33 KiB) Viewed 920 times
But I am not allowed to privately own and shoot this one....(and it is a LOT cheaper)
Ruger AR 556 AR 15 superkit.jpg
Ruger AR 556 AR 15 superkit.jpg (143.01 KiB) Viewed 920 times
But guess which one does the most damage and is most destructive. Correct. The Styer HS50 M2002 (.50 CAL BMG)...the legal one :?

lawmakers :roll: ...so this is where we need context as to intent. Doll owners is more representative of the community, as doll users refers to dolls as purely sextoys.

So establishing the intent of the doll owner is more relevant than the intent of dolls stereotyped purpose, in this type of study, and the answers need to be more structured less you have a prebiased data collection system.

In Australia, when you are filling out your request to purchase permit for a firearm, you got to put down the intended use and the permit to purchase authority (State police has to concur). Sure this works for law abiding citizens, but criminal elements certainly do not play by these rules, so trying to draw parallels to legislate banning a product due to potential intent is ridiculous.

(OFF topic but bloody funny story.

So I go in to fill out my permit to purchase a .50 Cal BMG. Police look up the weapon for sale. And he looks at me and says

COP. 8O WTF do you want to shoot with that canon.
ME: :lol: Well, it is not bloody big rabbits mate. the .338 takes care of them. I want to hunt Buffulo at 2 miles mate! :whistle:
COP: :? 2 Miles ya' reckon mate. I call Buffalo Shit 8O
ME: Yep, it is not like Croc Dundee mate..... 8O
they are about 4000 pounds, have 6 foot wide horns and can hit 45 MPH. SO....have a look at me, if I miss the bastard, Do you reckon a 2 mile head start is a pretty good idea :whistle:
COP :oops: Sure...approved)

Again, it is about the intent.

Remember Dolls don't really kill people :lol:

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

LDF
Ex-Member

Post by LDF »

The 50mm at 1 km sounds more like it. :roll:

There is an anti-doll atmosphere framing this survey.

It could also be a reflection of a reactionary resistance to doll ownership's increase in popularity. :|
Why didn't I take the blue pill?

LonelyDude

Post by LonelyDude »

LDF wrote:The 50mm at 1 km sounds more like it. :roll:

There is an anti doll atmosphere framing this survey.

It could also be a reflection of reactionary resistance to doll ownerships increase in popularity.
It could go either way. I was a bit skeptical of motives at first but then tried to look at it objectively. I will wait and see what the results are before I pass judgement. This is a university and not foxnews, so the research will be peer reviewed objectively. The peers will be looking to see if any bias was introduced into the study and survey, either implicitly or explicitly. They will analyze whether the data from the survey supports any conclusions that were offered or just offers anecdotal evidence of any number of possible scenarios related to the motives and personality of doll owners.

I can understand the skepticism though since this subject its treated hysterically in the media and there are no positive articles or news stories about this subject. When all media accounts treat the subject like a circus freak show, naturally, everyone will think the worse.

I am not a psychologist. But based on the questions being asked and the limited scope of the questions, my hunch and gut instinct is the intent of the survey is to see if there is any relationship between doll owners and a propensity to sexual violence and aggression. As the questions are so one dimensional in this regards, it is hard to reach any other conclusion. But is the goal to counter or support a position related to the subject? Given this is a scientific undertaking, the answer should be neither. Let the chips fall where they may. But I understand the suspicion. There are no positive accounts of this subject in the media and it appears that the talking heads have made up their mind that people who own love dolls want want to rape and pillage, etc etc or...A survey like this could counteract that perception and viewpoint. It could also reinforce it. But I doubt it will as IMO. I would wager that the one statistically significant dominant trait that is shared among doll owners is a feeling of isolation and loneliness for physical companionship, not a desire to act out rape fantasies, necrophilia, and all that crazy sensationalist media stuff.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”..Hunter Thompson

Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Stepford_CT »

Stewie studmuffin wrote:I took the survey but I wish I didn't. To start with, there seemed to be an assumption that it's wrong for men to be attracted to women. I don't know when this became a problem because heterosexual men have ALWAYS been attracted to beautiful women. In fact, if men weren't attracted to women; then humans would have gone extinct a long time ago. :evidence:
One such example of this line of reasoning was the question regarding whether it's right or wrong for a man to stare at an attractive woman. Obviously there must be an assumption that doing so is wrong on some level because the question wouldn't have been asked otherwise.
But I didn't know how to answer this as it could be answered "YES" or "NO" depending on the situation. As I'm attracted to good looking women; I'm going to check them out. Right or wrong has nothing to do with it because it's pure instinct as a heterosexual male to do so. With that being said, I would be discreet about it as I wouldn't want to make the woman uncomfortable. So yes I would stare at a woman to admire her beauty and attractiveness, BUT I would do it without her noticing. Or at least try my best to keep her from noticing.
So I wish there was more context to the questions as it would have allowed more precise answers. With such ambiguity, the survey results will be flawed as the respondents could be interpreting the questions differently than intended. So instead of asking if it is ok for a man to stare at a woman, the question could have been rephrased to ask is it ok for a man to stare at woman if it was making her uncomfortable.
In any case, I hope I didn't make too big of a mess of it. I'm sure that I screwed up the word association part as I have never done anything like that before. One thing that tripped me up was the word "snog." I kept getting it wrong simply because I had no idea what it was. :? I honestly have never heard that word before and had to look it up afterward. :oops:
That is one of the reasons we own dolls. We guys love to look at beautiful women. It’s in our DNA. We are visually stimulated, at least I am.

LonelyDude

Post by LonelyDude »

Anung Un Rama wrote:
Stepford_CT wrote:
they are about 4000 pounds, have 6 foot wide horns and can hit 45 MPH. SO....have a look at me, if I miss the bastard, Do you reckon a 2 mile head start is a pretty good idea :whistle:
COP :oops: Sure...approved)

Anung
Damn. Poor kitty. I hope it was ok. Did that lion make it?
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”..Hunter Thompson

ccrider32759
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ccrider32759 »

LonelyDude wrote:
LDF wrote:The 50mm at 1 km sounds more like it. :roll:

There is an anti doll atmosphere framing this survey.

It could also be a reflection of reactionary resistance to doll ownerships increase in popularity.
It could go either way. I was a bit skeptical of motives at first but then tried to look at it objectively. I will wait and see what the results are before I pass judgement. This is a university and not foxnews, so the research will be peer reviewed objectively. The peers will be looking to see if any bias was introduced into the study and survey, either implicitly or explicitly. They will analyze whether the data from the survey supports any conclusions that were offered or just offers anecdotal evidence of any number of possible scenarios related to the motives and personality of doll owners.

I can understand the skepticism though since this subject its treated hysterically in the media and there are no positive articles or news stories about this subject. When all media accounts treat the subject like a circus freak show, naturally, everyone will think the worse.

I am not a psychologist. But based on the questions being asked and the limited scope of the questions, my hunch and gut instinct is the intent of the survey is to see if there is any relationship between doll owners and a propensity to sexual violence and aggression. As the questions are so one dimensional in this regards, it is hard to reach any other conclusion. But is the goal to counter or support a position related to the subject? Given this is a scientific undertaking, the answer should be neither. Let the chips fall where they may. But I understand the suspicion. There are no positive accounts of this subject in the media and it appears that the talking heads have made up their mind that people who own love dolls want want to rape and pillage, etc etc or...A survey like this could counteract that perception and viewpoint. It could also reinforce it. But I doubt it will as IMO. I would wager that the one statistically significant dominant trait that is shared among doll owners is a feeling of isolation and loneliness for physical companionship, not a desire to act out rape fantasies, necrophilia, and all that crazy sensationalist media stuff.
Sorry but 2 + 2 = 4. Criminal Behavior group posing questions about sex and violent behavior, labeling the participants as "doll users" in the same manner as "drug users" or "sex addicts". That seems to be basic math to me.
My gals:
Suzie: WM 163cm C cup (2015)
Tama: JY 148cm D cup (2018)

Saki and Hanabi 6YE 160cm G cup

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Stepford_CT wrote:Go ahead and laugh. When, and I mean when, they start passing laws in regards to owning or having sex with dolls, you won’t be laughing. Look at how lobbyists and protesters have already got legislators to pass laws curtailing possession, purchase of, and use of other legal-to-own items.
Sorry for laughing. Maybe I'm naive, but I can't see a law like that pass where I live (Netherlands). Not because there are no weird politicians here, but because this is not an issue that fits their agenda. No need to reply to this, let's not get into politics. Back on topic please.

LonelyDude

Post by LonelyDude »

Nescio50 wrote:
Stepford_CT wrote:Go ahead and laugh. When, and I mean when, they start passing laws in regards to owning or having sex with dolls, you won’t be laughing. Look at how lobbyists and protesters have already got legislators to pass laws curtailing possession, purchase of, and use of other legal-to-own items.
Sorry for laughing. Maybe I'm naive, but I can't see a law like that pass where I live (Netherlands). Not because there are no weird politicians here, but because this is not an issue that fits their agenda. No need to reply to this, let's not get into politics. Back on topic please.

Here in the US, when politicians start calling for laws banning things related to sex, like porn, sex toys, certain sex acts between consenting adults etc..its usually just a politician pandering to their conservative base and they dont have any realistic expectation of success.

I remember back in the 80's some conservative congressman wanted to ban not only pornography, but any device designed to stimulate human genitalia..--dildos, plastic vaginas, blowup dolls etc...it made it to a senate commission hearing as part of another bill related to porn. When the senator who proposed it talked about banning the devices, Ted Kennedy quipped, "Does that include my hand ?" Everyone in attendance started busting out laughing. Proposal went nowhere.

Some countries do ban sex toys and dolls. But these are mainly extremely conservative religious oligarchy, especially muslim.

You can be imprisoned for five years in Zambia if you get caught with a sex doll in your house. Masturbation is also illegal, any kind of porn or erotic imagery, oral sex, anal sex, non-missionary positions etc, homosexuality, sex before marriage..pretty much the only thing you can legally do is husband on top, woman on bottom, get it over with fast..lol

https://www.southernafricabreakingnews. ... oll-owners

INFORMATIONS