betterlovedoll.com

German documentary about dolls from 2018 made by ARTE

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
Masai
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: German documentary about dolls from 2018 made by ARTE

Post by Masai »

Arthur1960 wrote:Hi just thought I would share this link of the German documentary I took part in last summer (2018) which has been re-released by DW onto YouTube and now has an English narration. My daughter and I really enjoyed doing our bit and not only do you get to see some of my gals but you can also marvel at my kayaking skills! seriously though I doubt you will see many doll documentaries that have a segment in a kayak! Since this was made my dolls have doubled in number to 14 and my son is now cool with them as well, which is really handy as my room was getting a tad crowded!

Ok here's the link:

https://youtu.be/VUAf_e9Y6XA
Arthur1960,

I watched the video and it was really interesting on a bunch of levels. Also the video of the guy who was giving his friend a hard time for having a doll, until he saw her :lol: :lol: That changed up his whole shit :D :D he was like....damn, "Women are in trouble" no moods, no mood swings"...Hilarious :lol: Problem is, I can't find this video anymore and I can't remember where I saw it but it was right after I watched your video.

I thought your journey was interesting especially dealing with your daughters apprehension. At first she was mortified and thought you were misogynistic in not wanting a real Woman anymore but toward the end she started to get it for a lot of Men it seemed. She said, "Well guys get tired of asking Women for permission so a Doll is a better option for them". Wow, that's evolution. 8)
"There is nothing so precious or delicious in the whole of the tender sex as a beautiful female derriere." Gilles Neret, a French Art Historian and Publisher.

Nederlander
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Nederlander »

Loved the documentary watched it a few months back and just again right now. I'm really interested by dolls as I don't want a real partner at the moment and like yourself really like being alone and not being bothered, but it's just a big taboo and I'm afraid of people judging me (I know I shouldn't be bothered but I am). So maybe one day I will overcome the fear and just pull the trigger like you and hopefully it could work out in a similar way. Kudos to you, you're really awesome for doing this :)

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi and thanks Nederlander, don't worry as I'm sure I would have been just as reluctant to be so open about my dolls when I was younger. In fact even up to my mid forties, I'm sure I would never have considered owning one, let alone 18 like I do now! But as you age you change, well I have, so I'm not the same person I was back then so what others think of me has become much less important. Also my last relationship with a RG, which had lasted for about 4 years and ended amicably enough made me realise that I was probably better off on my own. That's easier said then done when you're in your mid fifties but still have the sexual drive of a teenager so it was with some trepidation that I dipped my toe into the world of dolls. When Sarah arrived in October 2016 I'm sure I went through the same emotions that a lot of newbies do, like, what have I done? What will people think? Is this really for me? So it took a few weeks for me to adjust to Sarah, which seems an odd thing to say about something that's not actually a living person but as many will say, your brain makes an adjustment and you begin to form an attachment to your doll and even protective of her. Sarah has been with me 4 years now and I still get such a kick taking her pictures and sharing them on here. As for the other aspects well once it happens it can feel rather special and I now feel no pressure to find another partner although if the right lady came along I would still give it a go, as long as she loved dolls of course! So thanks again, glad you enjoyed the documentary, it was my first media experience and I was lucky that it was also a very pleasant one. Heres a pic of Sarah from a shoot I did yesterday, hopefully something of how special she is to me is evident from my photos!
Attachments
Sarah, my lovely muse
Sarah, my lovely muse
IMG_20200802_210546.jpg (882.73 KiB) Viewed 620 times

berthaBe

Post by berthaBe »

Nederlander wrote:Loved the documentary watched it a few months back and just again right now. I'm really interested by dolls as I don't want a real partner at the moment and like yourself really like being alone and not being bothered, but it's just a big taboo and I'm afraid of people judging me (I know I shouldn't be bothered but I am). So maybe one day I will overcome the fear and just pull the trigger like you and hopefully it could work out in a similar way. Kudos to you, you're really awesome for doing this :)
I was in your shoes about a year ago before I eventually ended up with my Yumiko - no one besides the people on this forum know about it. That is one of the big advantages of a Doll - she won't feel bad about just living inside your house, never going outside, or meeting other people than just you. She won't be mad if you don't tell anyone about her ;).

Hope you'll pull that trigger soon 8)

engineer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by engineer »

Arthur1960 wrote:Hi and thanks Nederlander, don't worry as I'm sure I would have been just as reluctant to be so open about my dolls when I was younger. In fact even up to my mid forties, I'm sure I would never have considered owning one, let alone 18 like I do now! But as you age you change, well I have, so I'm not the same person I was back then so what others think of me has become much less important. Also my last relationship with a RG, which had lasted for about 4 years and ended amicably enough made me realise that I was probably better off on my own. That's easier said then done when you're in your mid fifties but still have the sexual drive of a teenager so it was with some trepidation that I dipped my toe into the world of dolls. When Sarah arrived in October 2016 I'm sure I went through the same emotions that a lot of newbies do, like, what have I done? What will people think? Is this really for me? So it took a few weeks for me to adjust to Sarah, which seems an odd thing to say about something that's not actually a living person but as many will say, your brain makes an adjustment and you begin to form an attachment to your doll and even protective of her. Sarah has been with me 4 years now and I still get such a kick taking her pictures and sharing them on here. As for the other aspects well once it happens it can feel rather special and I now feel no pressure to find another partner although if the right lady came along I would still give it a go, as long as she loved dolls of course! So thanks again, glad you enjoyed the documentary, it was my first media experience and I was lucky that it was also a very pleasant one. Heres a pic of Sarah from a shoot I did yesterday, hopefully something of how special she is to me is evident from my photos!

Hi Arthur1960,

thanks for sharing the documentation. I definitely would have missed something otherwise. Nice impressions of you and your dolls.

I have seen a man who knows where he stands, what he wants and likes and what he does not like. A very reflective person about himself and how he lives.
Your last comment shows the same.
Great!

Stay as you are and keep sharing with us in the forum!

Thanks again!

INFORMATIONS