betterlovedoll.com

What are the biggest benefits of doll ownership for you?

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
IslandDog
Media Account
Media Account

What are the biggest benefits of doll ownership for you?

Post by IslandDog »

Hey everyone!

This is my second post on this forum, and before anything I'd like to thank everyone for the fantastic responses to the first!

A little background (and a bit of repetition from the last post, sorry!):

I'm a young film student at a university in Canada who is interested in the doll community and interested in creating a short documentary about the hobby to both normalize and explain it to the public who might be scared or freaked out by the hobby.

I have found that the vast majority of media out there about the doll hobby and the community is negative, and I think that's pretty terrible. From the conversations I've had and continue to have, I know that the doll community is so much more nuanced and positive than a lot of the press it seems to get, so I want to try to help change that stigma.

I know that sounds ambitious, and I'm not asking anyone to jump on board without proper vetting, but I do want to hear it straight from members of the community: What are the biggest benefits of doll ownership for you? How has becoming a doll owner or enthusiast changed your life for the better?

I'm asking because I want to clarify my target goal for the film - sort of my thesis statement. If I better understand the benefits of love dolls, I can create a better film to help showcase those to the public. Too often I see negative media attention that makes these dolls out to be just sex toys, but I know for many people there is so much more. As I've mentioned, I want to be clear that I'm not here to profit from this or make a giant media explosion - it's just a small step for a small filmmaker that I hope will help an often looked down upon community.

Thanks in advance! This community has already been so amazing, both in the previous post and in PM conversations, and I'm hoping to continue the great discussion! Feel free to chime in as well with what you'd like to see (or not see) in a this upcoming pro-doll documentary.

Feel free to PM if you're interested in helping more with the documentary, in any way! Every little bit of support help - I want this film to grow from the ground up with the community! And feel free to PM me as well if you're not comfortable posting publicly for any reason!

Here's the first forum post if you're interested in reading more: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 41&t=87921
Thanks again for all the love!

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Re: What are the biggest benefits of doll ownership for you?

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Having someone to love and feeling loved in return. :D
For me it's as simple as that. Of course I realize that my doll is a something and not a "someone." But she is a someone to me. And a very special someone at that. :wink:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

Mrs Kireina 7892
Doll
Doll

Post by Mrs Kireina 7892 »

Stewie studmuffin wrote:Having someone to love and feeling loved in return. :D
For me it's as simple as that. Of course I realize that my doll is a something and not a "someone." But she is a someone to me. And a very special someone at that. :wink:
Well said Stewie :glou: That's just How I think of bob
Since having me bob's been out of the house more often ,
Shopping for me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Knightshift
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Knightshift »

No more stress, anxiety and the day to day BS that comes with trying to maintain a relationshit (yes i spelled that correctly) with a woman. Don't get me wrong I love women, still date on occasion. But I'm a workaholic and many women can't or won't support that. So... I'm done dealing with it. Dolls have set me free. Free to do what I want, come and go as I please and never complain that I didn't call, don't spend enough time, stayed late at work too often, Blah Blah Bah! I can just be me instead of who women want me to be. And THAT my friend, is the true heart of the matter for many of us here on TDF!
The first five days after the weekend are always the hardest.

Dolly Day Dream

Post by Dolly Day Dream »

They make me to never feel alone in my home.

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

Focus......My TPE & Silicone Dolls give me Focus, more than Imaginary Companionship, they also give me a sort of Sexual Control, that I was Loosing as I Got Older, both mentally and Physically, I know my Dolls are Waiting for me, no matter what kind of Day I have or how many Hot Looking Babes I see in my Daily Travels. There is something Physical waiting for me that I can Focus all my desires and anxieties on....

Hagen of Tronje

Post by Hagen of Tronje »

I love them, they love me (or let's say I have the illusion that they love me), end of story for eternity. No loneliness, no drama, no cheating. Limited emotional and financial cost.

Major benefit is a certain level of trust and continuity. I am well aware that the fact that trust and continuity can only be achieved by living with inanimate objects says something about me, but it also says something about the rest of the world as it is in our sad times.

Hagen

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

I no longer feel alone. I have a regular, steady, inner-calmness which comes from knowing that I no longer have to jump through any of the illogical/irrational hoops (rituals) that society claims are appropriate for dating/relationships. I no longer feel anxiety from, or the need to 'measure up' to what women think they have a right to demand of me, simply because I'm a male. I find it much easier to interact with women in general because they are no longer a 'goal' to attain. They are simply another mind, which I now feel empowered to simply (and logically) disagree with, rather than trying to endlessly appease. I feel no need to compete for anyone's attention/affection, or to justify my actions/opinions. I can simply do what I want, and say what's on my mind... and I don't care if every woman in the room hates me for 'not playing their game'. (or for debunking it completely.)

:glou: Knightshift.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

A feminine presence when one is missing one's wife, or when one's missing a real female in one's life means that the gnawing hunger for feminine comforts is assuaged, so that one can be happy within and not be diverted in dealing with real women as other people rather than in a manner skewed by the possibilities of animal desires.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

AAAP

Post by AAAP »

No cheating on her part, no insane demands that don't make sense, and I don't have to give a doll half of my stuff if things don't work out.

There will never be a judge saying what I owe her financially, even though it's not the 1950's and women can make their own way in the world.

That's one of the reasons why I've only lived with women and never gotten married. I've seen too many men get destroyed because the courts still act like women can only get jobs as secretaries.

SC Kline

Post by SC Kline »

Well, for whatever reason, my past relationships were pressured in a way that made intimacy seem stressful and fleeting. It is a relief to have an object of attraction without any of these "negatives." When the day comes that I'm in a relationship again, I'l most likely give up the doll —just because... The doll is a place-holder.

SynthetikReality95
Ex-Member

Post by SynthetikReality95 »

If you're ever filming in the USA, come on down to Arkansas :)

But for now, I'd say at first the biggest benefits was just not feeling alone anymore; after I dropped outta college, left the city and moved back to my small hometown, I felt completely alone. My parents were going thru a divorce at that time, all my HS friends moved, I had very little experience with girls, and I was addicted to alcohol... bad all around.. I got my first doll because I felt it was the only way I could have something resembling love... I was close to suicide, it had been building for months. After she arrived, I had something to live for. My first doll, Nicole, is my girlfriend to me, I think about her 24/7... my other girls, Vanessa and Yessenia, they came to me later on, Vanessa was a gift from one of my best friends, Yessi was a rescue at a very low price from a guy that needed to be rid of her. I love all my girls and they reflect love back on me. I'm tortured by addiction, but if I could stop drinking, I'd have everything i need, just because of them. You don't understand unless you're very devoted to dolls, they are truly my best friends. The hardest thing for me right now is not trying to adopt more dolls. I'm out of work right now and close to dead broke, but if I wasn't, I'd be looking for more dolls to save. The forum can be a bit slow at times and I might not post, but really TDF is like my second family.

Ownerfckdoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Ownerfckdoll »

Unlimited access to sex. Anytime and anyhow I desire. :twisted:

DenverBerry
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by DenverBerry »

I don't own a Doll yet, I'm just discovering this community. I work on the road traveling constantly, I've been home to my wife of almost two decades 3 times in the last year and a half. I have my social interaction needs met with my co-workers, and a daily phone call home, but sometimes it drives me nuts not having someone to hold while reading before bed, and cuddle up to when the lights go out and since I'm already married to an organic woman I'm not interested in another one.
I go to sleep with my fantasies every night, hugging a pillow wishing for something more.
I don't know that the sex is necessarily a very high priority, I can take care of that myself, but there's something about having a head resting on my chest asleep and motionless that not only helps relieve the stress of the day, but leaves me with the feeling of being needed.
Glad to hear that you're making your documentary on the Doll community, unless I just don't know where to look there doesn't seem to be much coverage of the hobby.
Thank you, Denver.
Denver Berry

itvman

Post by itvman »

IslandDog wrote: What are the biggest benefits of doll ownership for you? How has becoming a doll owner or enthusiast changed your life for the better?
I got a doll because I'd turned 50 and still hadn't had a successful relationship with a woman. I'd been thinking about it for a couple of years but thought I'd exhaust my options first just in case. I tried to get close to a couple of women (not even that good looking) who I thought were a suitable match but it ended in tears both times. So then I'm watching Lars And The Real Girl and think "fuck it, I'm never going to find anyone now at my age" and so decided to get one of the tpe dolls I'd heard about. I thought it would be pretty shoddy given that it wasn't that expensive (compared to a Real Doll anyway) but I was totally amazed at how beautiful she turned out to be. Since that time (a year ago) she has become a great companion for me and a huge comfort. I know she isn't real, but she is so realistic that it doesn't matter. The fact that she looks great, dresses exactly how I like and is always there makes up for any shortcomings. She feels great, she has a beautiful kind face and that is enough to banish loneliness when she is around. I just wish I could have met her sooner.

Because she looks about 19 or 20, I just pretend that I am that age again when I am with her. Then I don't feel like a dirty old man and can know at least something akin to what I never had the chance to experience. If it's a delusion well then so what? I don't see anyone offering me any alternative, other than pills or counselling. I feel really truly grateful to the Asian manufacturers who began making these affordable dolls. They've given a lot of guys like me an opportunity to snatch a little happiness in life. They are a minor art form, and mark my words in 10 or 20 years time you're going to see dolls become far more mainstream.

INFORMATIONS