betterlovedoll.com

Norwegian Documentary

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
landsnett
Media Account
Media Account

Norwegian Documentary

Post by landsnett »

Hi,

I´m working on a documentary and I´m looking to learn more about the world of dolls. I´m wondering if there are any Norwegian TDF-members here who would be interested in talking to me about their relationship with their dolls. Off cam off course, anonymity is a given and no information will be released without consent.

Tonje

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Norwegian Documentary

Post by netwit »

Welcome to the forum, Tonje.
I look forward to all the new Norwegians that will be inspired to get dolls and join the fun. Best of luck :thumbs_up:

...............I'd hit dat
Remembering Jenna

LDF
Ex-Member

Post by LDF »

Tonje:

IMHO...

You should buy your own doll. I mean you should shop for it; see what you like; invest real money in it; and then go through the actual experience of caring for it, etc..

I'm new at this, but the documentaries I've seen about the subject, and the film "Lars and the Real Girl", don't capture the real journey. It can get into your head.

I'd also recommend a review of Ken Burns' documentary style.

That's what's needed to do justice to the genre.

http://www.pbs.org/pov/blog/docsoup/201 ... ally-uses/
Why didn't I take the blue pill?

Cubiko
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Cubiko »

If you could tell us more about the documentary, the company/persons behind it and motive/reason for wanting to make it that would be very helpful. There are plenty of Norwegians on this forum, but with the recent bad media coverage about doll owners being called out as sexual predators and potential pedophiles in Norwegian media it will be a challenge to get volunteers for a project unless you provide more information.

landsnett
Media Account
Media Account

Post by landsnett »

Thank you for tips and wishes of luck :) That is a good point, mandos, here´s some more info:

The documentary will be a part of a Norwegian documentary series called Insider Fem, which consists of ten documentaries, each with a different subject. What they all have in common is that we meet people who lead lives that are outside the norm, or who make unusual choices, and who - because of these choices - face a lot of judgement and prejudice. We hope that through getting to know these people, the audience will learn more and get a more nuanced view on the subject, as well as hopefully reduce a little bit of the skepticism and prejudice. Sadly this won´t play unless you´re in Norway, but if you are - here´s a link to our first series, so you can see how we meet the people and subjects in our documentaries.

With regards to our motivation - I think that, given the recent media coverage, it is important to let people know that this isn´t representative for most doll owners, and to show them the diversity I´ve already seen on my short journey in this community. Our reason for making this documentary is first and foremost curiosity, but also to bring to the surface subjects that we rarely talk about and that because of this face a lot of prejudice. We think that by showing the audience real people with genuine stories, we can show a different side to this than the one portrayed in media today.

If there are some Norwegian doll owners out there, even if you´re just a little bit curious and a lot skeptical about contributing to this project, I hope that you will comment on this, or send me a PM, even if it´s just to educate me a little bit more on the subject.

I´m also grateful for any tips on what to avoid, documentaries or fiction on the subject I should watch, and what you think is the most important aspects of owning a doll to get across in a documentary like this.

Tonje

INFORMATIONS