betterlovedoll.com

German doc film looks for caring man to film with his doll

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
mimz
Media Account
Media Account

German doc film looks for caring man to film with his doll

Post by mimz »

Hi guys!
My name is Maria Shilik, I am a Hamburg and Berlin based film producer. I'm working on a feature length documentary film for German public television on human-robot interaction.
Would one of the TDF_Staff be so kind to confirm this? Thanks very much!

We already had the chance to shoot at the „realdoll“ headquaters and did a great interview with their design director. Now, we are looking for a man who is curious about a robotic doll and would like to try out living with a talking doll for some days and let us film bits of this togetherness.

We are not interested in filming sex scenes, but rather everyday moments of being together, of sharing life with someone you care about, someone almost, but not fully human. (Most people don't have their own realbotix head, but once it's out there we will help the one who will let us film get it in order to try this out with us.)

Why are we doing this? We believe that in a couple of decades, robot companions will have become completely normal for us. With this film we are trying to portray bits of the future in today's world. In the film, there will be other human-robot relationships as well: a Tokyo family living with a robot as if it was their fourth child, an Italian scientist couple living with their robot butler, a robot teacher and several more.

If you could imagine to become part of this exciting endeavour, please contact us at ms.videojournalismus@gmail.com

We are more than happy to give you all the information. Don't be shy, ask any question you would like and share your knowledge about what it is like to live with a doll with us.

Looking forward to your replies,
best from Germany,
Maria

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Re: German doc film looks for caring man to film with his do

Post by brigittes hubbie »

Hi Maria, welcome to TDF! I´ll send you a pm in a few days,

Chris
Click here to see my Doll Album.

mimz
Media Account
Media Account

Post by mimz »

Hi everyone,
who of you is curious about living with a doll that is able to speak and react, a “robotic doll”?

We are looking for someone, who will let us film everyday life with a robotic doll for approx. one week for our documentary feature film on human-robot co-existence.

We are looking for someone who wants to share his unique experience and to show how these new forms of relationship might be the normal thing in the future. We are interested in showing the emotional and the everyday aspects of such a relationship.

We shot a very interesting interview with Matt McMullen of real doll, but other than that we are shooting in an observational manner only and are not asking you for an interview.

We have been shooting in several countries -for example one part of our film accompanies a Japanese family and their robotic companion- and we are ready to travel to wherever you are located.

We are working closely with two manufacturers of robotic dolls and are able to provide you with such a doll before they go into mass production (Synthea Amatus, creator of Samantha, and realdoll/Abyss Creations, creator of Harmony). You will be able to keep the doll after the shoot.

We know that this is a very sensitive subject that needs to be handled carefully and with full consent and trust of the person filmed. That’s why we are in the forum to talk about it in full discretion.

So, we’d love you to come forward, if you are curious about a robotic love companions. Please get in touch, with any question you might have about the film. We are happy to talk.

all the best,
Maria

icewind

Post by icewind »

Let us see if i'm interesting enough for Maria...
Current number of my doll family members: 47

INFORMATIONS