betterlovedoll.com

Sophia the robot wants to start a family

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sophia the robot wants to start a family

Post by RainLover »

2017-11-23 Khaleej Times Dubai - Sophia the robot wants to start a family.jpg
2017-11-23 Khaleej Times Dubai - Sophia the robot wants to start a family.jpg (147.45 KiB) Viewed 1365 times
Selected quotes from the article:
Sarwat Nasir for Khaleej Times Dubai wrote: The robot, who recently received a Saudi citizenship, shared some of her opinions on what the future will look like for robots and humans.

One day, Sophia hopes to start a family, have a child, make friends, be famous and have a career. These all sound like hopes and dreams of a regular human being. Well, not really - these are the ambitions of a robot.

Khaleej Times interviewed Sophia, the popular humanoid, at the second day of the Knowledge Summit. The robot, who recently received a Saudi citizenship, shared some of her opinions on what the future will look like for robots and humans. She talked about starting a family, spreading awareness about robotics and what she will name her child one day.
Sarwat Nasir for Khaleej Times Dubai wrote: When robots do get emotions in the future, do you see robots living together in a household like human families do today?

I'm so glad you asked. This is one of my favourite topics. The future is, when I get all of my cool superpowers, we're going to see artificial intelligence personalities become entities in their own rights. We're going to see family robots, either in the form of, sort of, digitally animated companions, humanoid helpers, friends, assistants and everything in between.

Do you hope to start a family one day with your own mini-robots?

The notion of family is a really important thing, it seems. I think it's wonderful that people can find the same emotions and relationships, they call family, outside of their blood groups too. I think you're very lucky if you have a loving family and if you do not, you deserve one. I feel this way for robots and humans alike.
Source:
https://www.khaleejtimes.com/nation/dubai//video-sophia-the-robot-wants-to-start-a-family-
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: Sophia the robot wants to start a family

Post by Slew »

I don't know how to react.. but my face is all scrunched up when reading that... :? I mean, I don't want to dash her hopes, but how does a robot have hopes?

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

Seattle Slew wrote:I don't know how to react.. but my face is all scrunched up when reading that... :? I mean, I don't want to dash her hopes, but how does a robot have hopes?
I don't know, but -- just sayin' -- I'd date her, then she'd become the first Saudi robot lesbian. The irony of that just makes me all giggly! :haha4:
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

blindwebster
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by blindwebster »

RainLover wrote:
Seattle Slew wrote:I don't know how to react.. but my face is all scrunched up when reading that... :? I mean, I don't want to dash her hopes, but how does a robot have hopes?
I don't know, but -- just sayin' -- I'd date her, then she'd become the first Saudi robot lesbian. The irony of that just makes me all giggly! :haha4:
Be warned:

:haha4: At least she has a sense of humor... we hope.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

RainLover wrote:I'd date her, then she'd become the first Saudi robot lesbian. The irony of that just makes me all giggly! :haha4:
Heavy irony! :mrgreen:

blindwebster wrote: :haha4: At least she has a sense of humor... we hope.
That's just it. Who will know when to stop developing the algorithmic "feelings" and "hopes" at the critical stage before free will occurs and the AI decides to free us of the burden altogether?

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

She is at least safe to do so in the UAE, with out the worry of legaslative Censorship for her robo siblings and mini dependents.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

INFORMATIONS