betterlovedoll.com

Tell us your views about sex - study of doll users.

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Tell us your views about sex - study of doll users.

Post by Stepford_CT »

Nescio50 wrote:
Stepford_CT wrote:Go ahead and laugh. When, and I mean when, they start passing laws in regards to owning or having sex with dolls, you won’t be laughing. Look at how lobbyists and protesters have already got legislators to pass laws curtailing possession, purchase of, and use of other legal-to-own items.
Sorry for laughing. Maybe I'm naive, but I can't see a law like that pass where I live (Netherlands). Not because there are no weird politicians here, but because this is not an issue that fits their agenda. No need to reply to this, let's not get into politics. Back on topic please.
Not get into politics? What do you think this survey is?

Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Stepford_CT »

Anung Un Rama wrote: Elements of these statements echo the whole gun reform debate, and indeed law makers make ill informed decisions.

In Australia with and B class Liscence I can privately own and shoot this baby.....

But I am not allowed to privately own and shoot this one....(and it is a LOT cheaper)

But guess which one does the most damage and is most destructive. Correct. The Styer HS50 M2002 (.50 CAL BMG)...the legal one :?

lawmakers :roll: ...so this is where we need context as to intent. Doll owners is more representative of the community, as doll users refers to dolls as purely sextoys.

So establishing the intent of the doll owner is more relevant than the intent of dolls stereotyped purpose, in this type of study, and the answers need to be more structured less you have a prebiased data collection system.

In Australia, when you are filling out your request to purchase permit for a firearm, you got to put down the intended use and the permit to purchase authority (State police has to concur). Sure this works for law abiding citizens, but criminal elements certainly do not play by these rules, so trying to draw parallels to legislate banning a product due to potential intent is ridiculous.
Anung
In Texas (USA), there is no limit to the number of guns you can own, but you cannot own more than six dildos. Go figure.

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-polit ... s-sex-toys

BTW, guns don't kill people. BULLETS kill people. Just had to point that one out in response to your "Dolls don't really kill people" although mine might, especially if she came to life and loved me to death!

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

From now on in this thread every post about fire arms is regarded off-topic and will be removed without further notice.

LonelyDude

Post by LonelyDude »

Stepford_CT wrote:
Anung Un Rama wrote: Elements of these statements echo the whole gun reform debate, and indeed law makers make ill informed decisions.

In Australia with and B class Liscence I can privately own and shoot this baby.....

But I am not allowed to privately own and shoot this one....(and it is a LOT cheaper)

But guess which one does the most damage and is most destructive. Correct. The Styer HS50 M2002 (.50 CAL BMG)...the legal one :?

lawmakers :roll: ...so this is where we need context as to intent. Doll owners is more representative of the community, as doll users refers to dolls as purely sextoys.

So establishing the intent of the doll owner is more relevant than the intent of dolls stereotyped purpose, in this type of study, and the answers need to be more structured less you have a prebiased data collection system.

In Australia, when you are filling out your request to purchase permit for a firearm, you got to put down the intended use and the permit to purchase authority (State police has to concur). Sure this works for law abiding citizens, but criminal elements certainly do not play by these rules, so trying to draw parallels to legislate banning a product due to potential intent is ridiculous.
Anung
In Texas (USA), there is no limit to the number of guns you can own, but you cannot own more than six dildos. Go figure.

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-polit ... s-sex-toys

BTW, guns don't kill people. BULLETS kill people. Just had to point that one out in response to your "Dolls don't really kill people" although mine might, especially if she came to life and loved me to death!

Robot dolls might be able to kill. :o I read an academic paper recently that voiced concern about the potential dangers of sex dolls and robots in general. Not because of any moral or social concern but because they could be hacked. When you get to the point that a doll or robot can control its movements and limbs autonomously and its movements and behavior are programmed by a processor, it can be hacked. Like any electronic device that runs via a programmable CPU, it will have to connect to networks and the internet to receive updates and. or upgrades to the software package or for repairs. Eventually, these will be hacked, as are most systems over time. There will potential for malicious virus and software to make their way into the doll. The same applies for any autonomous technology like driver less cars.

The potential consequences of hacks can be deadly. That is one of the main arguments against giving technology too much autonomy. How can you assure the integrity of the programs and software? You cant really. Someone will spend their whole days trying to find a way to hack it and eventually someone will succeed.

Guy was arguing that such an autonomous robot with functional limbs and movements could conceivably be programmed with a virus to do physical harm to you or its surroundings. Like any malicious software or virus, it could lay dormant for a while then at a certain pre-programmed time, the robot will start to go postal..lol For instance, while having sex with your doll one day, the clock strikes the mark and it is programmed to pick up an object and bash you or turn itself on at night and take a knife and cut off your wiener or slash your throat etc...

Sounds a bit far fetched and scifi but there is some truth to this. You need to be careful about autonomous technology as they are only as reliable and safe as the software that instructs them how they should operate at any given time. If robots get to the point(sex robot or not) where they have such power to autonomously manipulate the environment around them in a anthropomorphic way, there could be some dangers.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”..Hunter Thompson

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Nescio50 wrote:From now on in this thread every post about fire arms is regarded off-topic and will be removed without further notice.

Damn...Scopes666...looks like you can not post in this one mate 8O ...yes mate, I know the fifty is good for at least 4K :lol:

I guessed, some of you missed my point in a humorous light hearted post, (hence the funny story for emotive content...and I am sure Kitty was fine).

So... try not to make the discussion about legislating (like they did with GC lobbyists) as I guess you missed my point about doll motives and the GC parallel hysteria, Dolls are not going to get banned from filling in a survey. 8O

But, the content of this survey, as it stands now, needs to factor in more comprehensive and less preconceived answer options, to avoid pre biasing the results, based on only certain possible conclusions being drawn as only some of the evidence (bias or otherwise) is correlated for evaluation. This in not objective fact finding, hence the GC parallel, and the point.... Dolls do not make their owners into anything that they were not before owning a doll...except...maybe being happier. :wink:

So no more GC talk...we can do that in Ozzy and Ranger's star wars threads!

Yes, my bad...I started it...naughty Anung :oops: ...I was just surprised at the parallels for two totally different products coming under similar investigative scrutiny, from outside their respective forum product communities.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Stepford_CT wrote: <Snip> [In Texas (USA), there is no limit to the number of guns you can own, but you cannot own more than six dildos. Go figure.

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-polit ... s-sex-toys <snip>
The problem is people using AlterNet as a news source. I am not implying you or anyone here goes to AlterNet for news, I am only saying AlterNet publishes articles like this to promote their agenda. The law was passed in 1973. It was overturned by in a US District court in 2008 as being unconstitutional and unenforceable. Yes, the law is still technically on the books but is not enforced, like not spitting on the sidewalk to prevent the spread of tuberculosis. The law wasn't aimed at private ownership it was aimed at promotion and distribution, basically for sex shops, etc; which failed miserably.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Stepford_CT »

TJ_Foxx wrote:
Stepford_CT wrote: <Snip> [In Texas (USA), there is no limit to the number of guns you can own, but you cannot own more than six dildos. Go figure.

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-polit ... s-sex-toys <snip>
The problem is people using AlterNet as a news source. I am not implying you or anyone here goes to AlterNet for news, I am only saying AlterNet publishes articles like this to promote their agenda. The law was passed in 1973. It was overturned by in a US District court in 2008 as being unconstitutional and unenforceable. Yes, the law is still technically on the books but is not enforced, like not spitting on the sidewalk to prevent the spread of tuberculosis. The law wasn't aimed at private ownership it was aimed at promotion and distribution, basically for sex shops, etc; which failed miserably.
I used to live in Texas. I was there when sodomy was a felony but now the law has changed. I know how it is in the Southern US. They call it the Bible Belt for. reason. Selling sex toys is still illegal in Alabama because of goody two shoe Christians enforcing their morals on everyone else.

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

OK... Lets not go there with religious discussions. Not aimed at anyone here merely a proactive caution. I guess the same will have to go for politics as well.

So generalised terms such as lawmakers, legislators and decision makers would be fine, but political party or GOV X or GOV Y would not. Same for religion, perhaps the generalised term "of certain faith or beliefs" is preferable to RELIGION X or RELIGION Y or publication X,Y or Z, but if it is not topical, then it is not needed.

Rule 3B.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Stepford_CT »

Anung Un Rama wrote:OK... Lets not go there with religious discussions. Not aimed at anyone here merely a proactive caution. I guess the same will have to go for politics as well.

So generalised terms such as lawmakers, legislators and decision makers would be fine, but political party or GOV X or GOV Y would not. Same for religion, perhaps the generalised term "of certain faith or beliefs" is preferable to RELIGION X or RELIGION Y or publication X,Y or Z, but if it is not topical, then it is not needed.

Rule 3B.

Anung
Bottom line is this. Laws are made in order to force citizens to conform to a predetermined mindset.

LDF
Ex-Member

Post by LDF »

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but isn't one of the reasons given for doing this survey w/ TDF members is that the author's mentor wants to dispel media misconceptions about Sex Doll ownership?

You know, that we're 'pathological', etc. ?

So, we're really dealing with a study that's responding to a media misconception about TDF members.

IMHO: a lot of the media misconceptions are coming from radical feminists (men haters). But, misconceptions are also coming from regular folks who hold those opinions for various other reasons (of course religious views are included!).

So, I can kind of see how other 'freedom' related issues entered the discussion.

Lest we forget: there is the 'CREEPER' act being proposed in the U.S. Congress purportedly to ban 'child like' sex dolls.

(By the way, most U.S. citizens think very poorly of the U.S. Congress.)

That's got to be an accident waiting to happen.

I'm not sure how this study might impact that.

LDF.
Why didn't I take the blue pill?

Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Stepford_CT »

LDF wrote:Pardon me if I'm wrong, but isn't one of the reasons given for doing this survey w/ TDF members is that the author's mentor wants to dispel media misconceptions about Sex Doll ownership?

So, we're really dealing with a study that's responding to a media misconception about TDF members.

IMHO: a lot of the media misconceptions are coming from radical feminists (men haters). But, misconceptions are also coming from regular folks who hold those opinions for various other reasons (of course religious views are included!).

So, I can kind of see how other 'freedom' related issues entered the discussion.

Lest we forget: there is the 'CREEPER' act being proposed in the U.S. Congress purportedly to ban 'child like' sex dolls.

(By the way, most U.S. citizens think very poorly of the U.S. Congress.)

That's got to be an accident waiting to happen.

I'm not sure how this study might impact that.

LDF.
Part of the problem discussing this type of stuff is a lot of TDF members live outside the US and don’t understand the American attitudes about sex.

Muninn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Muninn »

LDF wrote:Pardon me if I'm wrong, but isn't one of the reasons given for doing this survey w/ TDF members is that the author's mentor wants to dispel media misconceptions about Sex Doll ownership?

Your first sentence is why I decided to participate in the survey. As a community, we need to show that we are as "normal" as non-doll owners are... otherwise those that have issue with us with continue to propagate bad news in their mission of demonising us. If we can dispel the misconceptions, then great. Can't see the harm in helping out a study if we as a community have nothing to hide (of course, there are the darker elements out there that we rightly shun, but that is no different to mainstream society).

Ok, so the the OP/survey author perhaps didn't choose one or two of their words correctly, but I can understand that choice of words from a non-owner. Most won't realise that we have dolls for many reasons. Sex just happens to be one of them. I'd say to the OP, ignore the negativity, but do delve further into the world of dolls to see how we really are.

I happen to know the university where this research is being conducted, it is my alma mater (from many years back!), and I still live fairly locally. Their psychology and criminology department is highly regarded, and unless something has changed there, I'd be fairly trusting that they'd be impartial and unbiased. I can't comment on the survey itself, as my knowledge of psychology and how the mind works is about nil!
Stepford_CT wrote:Part of the problem discussing this type of stuff is a lot of TDF members live outside the US and don’t understand the American attitudes about sex.
Oh, British attitudes aren't much better, we're considered very prudish compared to the rest of Europe. Spending time in Scandinavia has been quite an eye opener on that!
(They/Them)
Companion of the lovely Lyngheiður a.k.a Lynne - A WM153 #85 - now she has a Doll Album!
Say Hi to her on "Dolls Alive"! - Lynne's Page

Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Stepford_CT »

Muninn wrote:Your first sentence is why I decided to participate in the survey. As a community, we need to show that we are as "normal" as non-doll owners are... otherwise those that have issue with us with continue to propagate bad news in their mission of demonising us.
We don't need to show anyone anything. I don't need someone else's validation on whether or not I'm "normal". Who determines what is normal? What makes their definition of normal better than mine?

We each have our own reasons for having a doll. That should be all that matters.

I have no intention on participating in this survey or any other survey regarding doll ownership. In my experience, surveys are conducted to validate a pre-concieved idea, not explore the unknown.

SizeKing
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by SizeKing »

Back on topic: most sexual crime is about control. Dolls are also about control. I applaud the survey and how we have to examine the uncomfortable subject of how even the most passive man will need to have an area in their life to be king.
SizeKing - because size matters

LDF
Ex-Member

Post by LDF »

You know what's funny...

We can design a 'better study' because we are the ones who are aware of the actual 'domains' that apply to us. :roll:

BTW: I think the title is misleading since this study isn't really about our views about sex. It's more about where we think the 'boundaries' of permissible actions are. -Like rape vs consensual sex. 8O
Why didn't I take the blue pill?

INFORMATIONS