betterlovedoll.com

Your Views On Dolls! - A Quick Survey

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
alexresearch
Student Account
Student Account

Your Views On Dolls! - A Quick Survey

Post by alexresearch »

Hi All,

Firstly, thank you so much to everyone who has already completed my survey, and for all the positive comments. It's great to have so many insightful responses!

However, I am still in need of some more participants. I would really appreciate it, if you haven't taken part already, if you could spend just 10 minutes of your time sharing your experiences and views on dolls. The survey is entirely anonymous, and all questions are optional. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Alex

Survey: https://s.surveyplanet.com/HkE-YAnVz

SynthetikReality95
Ex-Member

Re: Your Views On Dolls! - A Quick Survey

Post by SynthetikReality95 »

piss off, survey guy

Maiz
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Maiz »

SynthetikReality95 wrote:piss off, survey guy
What did he do to deserve such a comment?

SynthetikReality95
Ex-Member

Post by SynthetikReality95 »

because they prey on us, because doll hate is trendy rn.. Take everything outta context and manipulate things. Everyone has an agenda, and sadly these days it's all anti-doll. Even if Alex here swore on his life that he wasn't anti-doll, you still can't trust anybody with a media affiliation or doing "research". Snakes, all of em. Have you read any of the articles out there, all of it makes us out to be the devil.

So yeah, if he gets a doll and is in the same boat as us, then sure, we welcome him as brother... but otherwise, piss off. Nothin here for you. Go write some tabloid libel about something else and leave us decent folk to our business.

I would report every post he makes, but the mods are probably in his pocket, getting some kinda kickback >:( only reason i can see our community letting "researchers" around... man it sure has changed since '16. Going straight to shit, just like our country.

terran
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by terran »

At least the questions in this survey are more neutral than the last one by "Sian_E"; although I think surveys given to such a limited set of people would provide virtually no useful insight to that group. I might be more willing to take it if there was full disclosure of the researcher such:
  • Researcher's full name
    Researcher's sex/gender
    Researcher's location of residence (city would be sufficient)
    Who is financing the research, how much has been spent on it thus far, and how much is planned to be spent
    What is the scope of the research
    Who will review the data of the research (the names of those entities, who pays them, etc)
    etc, etc, etc...
It's like all these researches just want to take and not give; as SynthetikReality95 mentioned, such behavior is generally indicative of malicious intent. If you plan to conduct research on the populous and report on the results thereof, why should your own identity, the identities of those you work with, and the intentions of all involved be hidden behind a veil?

You have yet to earn my trust, alexresearch: would you and "Sian_E" happen to know each other?

Does anyone here feel that I am being overly cautious?

Danielk
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Danielk »

filling out a survey without knowing its purpose is like singing a blank check..

Adventurer
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by Adventurer »

terran wrote:At least the questions in this survey are more neutral than the last one by "Sian_E"; although I think surveys given to such a limited set of people would provide virtually no useful insight to that group. I might be more willing to take it if there was full disclosure of the researcher such:
  • Researcher's full name
    Researcher's sex/gender
    Researcher's location of residence (city would be sufficient)
    Who is financing the research, how much has been spent on it thus far, and how much is planned to be spent
    What is the scope of the research
    Who will review the data of the research (the names of those entities, who pays them, etc)
    etc, etc, etc...
It's like all these researches just want to take and not give; as SynthetikReality95 mentioned, such behavior is generally indicative of malicious intent. If you plan to conduct research on the populous and report on the results thereof, why should your own identity, the identities of those you work with, and the intentions of all involved be hidden behind a veil?

You have yet to earn my trust, alexresearch: would you and "Sian_E" happen to know each other?

Does anyone here feel that I am being overly cautious?
I don't think you're being overly cautious at all. It's actually quite unethical to conduct social science research WITHOUT disclosing all that stuff. I won't even click the link because I have no idea who this person is or their research objectives or even their institutional affiliation.

To OP: If you're a legitimate researcher, you should have no problem sharing this information with us. Be forthcoming. Otherwise, please leave. You are not welcome here.
----
Kateryna & Vera (Zelex 170c and 172 SLE) review and photos: viewtopic.php?t=175212

My Sili Doll Sukiwaai review and pictures thread:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=81812

Willow- My SM 156c Silicone:
viewtopic.php?f=269&t=138708

Piper Doll Jessica:
viewtopic.php?f=387&t=131094

Maiz
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Maiz »

SynthetikReality95 wrote:because they prey on us, because doll hate is trendy rn.. Take everything outta context and manipulate things. Everyone has an agenda, and sadly these days it's all anti-doll. Even if Alex here swore on his life that he wasn't anti-doll, you still can't trust anybody with a media affiliation or doing "research". Snakes, all of em. Have you read any of the articles out there, all of it makes us out to be the devil.

So yeah, if he gets a doll and is in the same boat as us, then sure, we welcome him as brother... but otherwise, piss off. Nothin here for you. Go write some tabloid libel about something else and leave us decent folk to our business.

I would report every post he makes, but the mods are probably in his pocket, getting some kinda kickback >:( only reason i can see our community letting "researchers" around... man it sure has changed since '16. Going straight to shit, just like our country.
I can understand being suspicious, but if this person really was an undercover journalist wanting to write a smear piece on doll owners, then you're only giving them ammunition...

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

More background on this survey in these links...

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 41&t=97817

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 41&t=97561

As you can see, one of the more discussed topics there has been moderated extensively, so to avoid the same, lets try to stay on topic (including me :oops: No gun debate survey comparisons Anung :roll: ), and be mindful of the RoCs for fellow members, irrespective of their classification, as rules are for everyone.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

Adventurer
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by Adventurer »

Neither of those links include relevant information that is required, by modern social science ethics, to be given to populations subject to academic research. I don’t mean to be unwelcoming to potential researchers but again, I must ask that basic information regarding the scope of the research, the intended product of the research, and the parties responsible for the research be provided. This is not only for the safety and sanity of our community but also to ensure that the researcher and the research are in line with ethical standards and practices.
----
Kateryna & Vera (Zelex 170c and 172 SLE) review and photos: viewtopic.php?t=175212

My Sili Doll Sukiwaai review and pictures thread:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=81812

Willow- My SM 156c Silicone:
viewtopic.php?f=269&t=138708

Piper Doll Jessica:
viewtopic.php?f=387&t=131094

ravensrayne

Post by ravensrayne »

Sorry, couldn't resist :D
Attachments
27cu5o.jpg
27cu5o.jpg (25.34 KiB) Viewed 3121 times
RavensraynePhotography
A Michael Wayne Production:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/142831681@N08
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/MichaelWaynePh2?s=09

alexresearch
Student Account
Student Account

Post by alexresearch »

Hi All,

Thanks for your comments, and feedback, I’ve taken the time to read them all.

Before being able to post and be a member of TDF, administrators confirmed my affiliation to a University, and were provided with confirmations that all my research has been accepted by the board of ethics. Naturally, for data protection reasons, this information is not allowed to be publicly distributed, much like TDF members themselves are advised to remain mostly anonymous.

I am in no way affiliated with any other researcher in the forum, and the decision to partake in any particular piece of research is entirely up to the individual member. As my research states, please only participate if you feel comfortable to do so, and comment on topics you feel able to and are willing.

While I understand some people may not feel comfortable partaking in research, I have been encouraged by the much larger number of people who have taken the time to complete the survey. Many of these individuals have messaged to say how positive they found the experience, and were pleased to have the opportunity to share their views in an unbiased, non-media, academic environment.

Please be assured I conducted a great deal of research before designing the questionnaire, and it was intended to be a respectful and measured approach to discovering more about doll communities. As you can see from the questionnaire, my research focuses heavily on intimacy and the benefits of doll relationships, and simply aims to gain an honest insight into this aspect of doll culture.

Please only partake if you feel comfortable doing so, and I’d once again like to thank everyone who has already been incredibly supportive of the research.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to message to me.

Best wishes,

Alex

dark4ngel64

Post by dark4ngel64 »

Results link?
I for one, would like to know how it trends. Call it a morbid curiosity.
"I thought about our dilemma, and I came up with a solution that I honestly think works out best for one of both of us."
-guess who :-) if you don't know YOUR WAY TOO OLD!!!

LDF
Ex-Member

Post by LDF »

I don't know Anung, but I think your gun debate was the best part of the whole thing. It puts the issue in perspective by comparing it with another hot button topic. :roll:

Why isn't the University affiliation and the PI identified?
Why didn't I take the blue pill?

INFORMATIONS