www.beautiful-dolls.com

Candace: my tribulations

Beautiful dolls have been on the market since 2011. They have a wide selection of TPE, silicone and fabric love dolls. They also allow their customers to order custom-made dolls in 3d technology. All the dolls that they sell are 100% original dolls made out of eco-friendly materials that are safe for humans. All dolls are inspected before shipment to the customers. The client is engaged in the development process to tailor the end product to his needs, by exchanging photos and further communication for every customizable detail. Beautiful dolls have the best prices for original dolls on the market. Just contact us, and find out for yourself!. Website: www.beautiful-dolls.com.
tartatin
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Candace: my tribulations

Post by tartatin »

=== introduction ===

So, about 10 months ago I finally had bitten the bullet and ordered myself a Candace.

A lot of factors were involved, and I still believe that those were good reasons of purchase:
- Fabic isn't as cold as TPE or silicone
- For its price, the quality is incredible, making it the highest bang for your buck on the doll market
- I wasn't sure lovedolls were for me, let alone 140cm ones (being 188cm myself) and if I were to find out that those weren't for me, I might as well do so for the least ammount of money, as I could always upgrade later on if everything was to my likings
- Foldable and very easy storage for when I have guests over
- Instead of a fixated vagina, you get to install one of your chosing, which is great because I'm knowledgable in these and have made my own out of polymer a while ago.

And I indeed was able to confirm that being 188cm tall, a 140cm lovedoll was too short to be fully compatible albeit this was not an unworkable situation. As it happens, I grew quite fond of her; but I'll admit that I do somewhat regret not going for a Dagmar --which is why I will in 1~2 years.

=== the troubles ===
Appart from the size, which is mostly a relativity issue, it wasn't a problem-free experience.

1) Early on, I tried finding the right wig, which was complicated: the only good wig out of the lot was way bigger to fit on her head (incidentally it didn't really fit on mine either).
So I hard to resort to one of the cheaper wig I bought. Another problem was the hairstyle, so I decided to play barber.
I completely botched the first wig, but it wasn't a great loss as it was the default one and I was not too fond of its hair colour.
Then I ruined a second wig: the shape was right, but everything was too short. But by then I had a clear idea of what I wanted to achieve and I had a longer wig with same hair colour.
So I really got into it, because it was going to look great (and it did, but since it was cheap materials now the wig is all kinds of ruffled, I'll get a fancy one next month though).
And the wig did look great but I made a big mistake: I was getting a bit too much into it and sprayed mists of water, playing hairdresser.
To my horror I discovered that her now melting eyebrows were water-soluble, and while I tried to save face and clear most of the smudge with alcohol wipes, she was never the same.
[note: I would highly recommend the "tangle teezer" as a wig brush]

So yeah, water soluble eyebrows and eyeliners are a definite minus for me.

2) Another problem that I quickly ran into was clothing.
Her being 140cm meant that adult clothes weren't going to fit her, but her womanly curves also meant that child clothes weren't going to fit her either.
After trying a few different clothes, I settled for a loose-fitting summer dress as most of the option I had considered did not fit her as either her chest was too big or her waist too thin for clothing this size.
I've been thinking of getting her some made-to-measurement latex, but first I'll try it out with made to measurement spandex next month along with her wig.

So yeah, be prepared to be disapointed because most clothes won't fit her.

3) And speaking of spandex, there is yet another problem that I ran into: She was not built to be washed.
While that was not a glaring problem until recently, as washing her body with some wet clothes (being careful not to melt her eyebrows further) was enough.
But overtime, her "outer skin" wore off, and recently both her arms became covered in a darkish deposit --maybe due to smoke or because of my carpet.
And no matter my efforts I couldn't get rid of them. But that's the lesser problem: overtime "skin discolouration" appeared on her cheecks, mouth and nose, and cleaning didn't do much either; although in this case I suspect it's more due to wear of the material as reddish strands also appeared around her nose.
And while I could cover her darkened arms with a shirt, there is no shirt for your face. At least it takes the attention off her partially melted eyebrows?
Just your body hair rubbing against it will cause hairs to get stuck in it and damage it overtime, and your beard could be a source of damage as well.

So yeah, you can't remove her skin because it's partly sewn to her or otherwise attached to the underlayer, and eventually that skin is going to deteriorate.

4) Lastly while not as significant of a problem as the rest, it's also the one you can't do anything about: quality.
And don't get me wrong, for the price, the quality is great! but overtime you won't help but notice the little things.
For example in my case: a button in her left thigh, the way her right leg is oddly asymetrical, the fact that her spine is a bit off-centered.
As I said, little things, triffles. One might also argue that those give her personality, defines her, and that they will grow on you. And I would agree.
But let's not forget that those are still imperfections, to be added to the other imperfections instrinsical to the doll's model: the fact her thighs can't do adduction or abuctions, which really limits her poseability in my opinion.

So yeah, she will come with her lot of deffects you can't really predict and can't fix without taking her appart.

=== conclusion ===

If I could go back in time what would I change?
Order a dagmar with a WM head ('been eyeing #153 in particuliar). Would fix problem 1,2 and 3 while keeping all the advantages. Which is exactly what I'm going to do in the next 1~2 years.

I am not dissatisfied with the custom eyes at all, I was in fact pleasantly surprised. But if the whole head is going to get irremediably damaged over time then it's simply not a sustainable choice.
And yeah, while the size difference makes the sex a bit awkward (althought once you find the right position it's not much of a problem) cudling with her is absolutely awesome. I've been way too busy to take care of her properly, but she stills love me so that's a big plus.
So while I would change my purchase, the troubles were worth it as it has been a positive experience overall!

... well, except for the ludicrous EU tax, but you can't really do anything about official racketeering.
As for "Beautiful Dolls" as a company? they've been helpful and understanding, so with no reason to fix that which isn't broken, I will go throught them for my next order as well.
With that said, thanks for reading.

*Attached is an old, pre eyebrow-meltdown era picture, with an oversized wig that will just slip off at any given chance but makes for a good picture nonetheless, and the aforementioned summer dress. Mostly to showcase her eyes, which I am really satisfied by.
**apologies for any spelling or gramatical errors, and for the lengthiness as well.
Attachments
closeup.jpg
closeup.jpg (254.89 KiB) Viewed 1506 times

jms033
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Candace: my tribulations

Post by jms033 »

I just purchased the Candace doll last week, but am kind of having second thoughts on it. I couldn't decide on Candace or Digmar. I kind of wish I would have went with Digmar, as she is taller, and like you said, Candace will be hard to find cloths and wigs for.

tartatin
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by tartatin »

I was about to reply to your thread in case you hadn't seen this one.
Just to be clear:
Wigs not so much because afaik it's the same head, I just had bad luck with wigs in the begining because I went for the cheap ones and got ~5 of them so I would have enough to play around.
You could try contacting the vendor if it's not too late to switch, worth the try. And while finding clothes is harder and you end up with a much smaller selection: Dagmar's size is S so the smaller Candace will never fit adult clothes, and due to her adult proportion it's hard to find clothes that fit but not impossible.
I've found myself that clothes from "sunny fashion" size 10 fit her well, and I'm intending to get order-made stuff as well, so where there's a will there's a way. You could always pick up sewing and make her clothes too, sounds like a fun hobby to me.

And, to be fair, I had doubts too during "the wait". Anticipation cranked up to the maximum will do this. If your plan is to end up with both a candace and a dagmar then I'd say this is a good start anyway. Try contacting the vendor anyway about the switch, it might still be doable right now.

As far as bedside use is concerned, size isn't really a problem once you've figured out which position works, and I'd say that's part of the fun as well.

Hitchhiker42
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Hitchhiker42 »

I didn't find the size of mine to be uncomfortable. But I'm 5'7" (170cm, roughly), so there is that. I thought their torso was sized well for their shortness. Clothes are a little harder to find, but size "XS" seems to work well. I don't have many clothes though. Mostly lingerie, panties, and stockings. I got a wig for her from Arda Wigs that is great. Good price too at $35. It is tangle resistant and easy to comb. It is a bit heavy so I have to safety pin it to her. It feels amazing when it brushes against my skin. I think wigs are easier to find though. Because this wig is way too big for my TPE doll. Which is a bummer, because I wanted to get another one for that doll.

Fortunately I've not damaged her eyebrows during cleaning. I'll certainly be more careful of that from now on. Mine does have some darkening around her nose and fingers that won't come out. But I think she still looks good for being two years old.
Attachments
GEDC0593.JPG
GEDC0593.JPG (677.68 KiB) Viewed 1465 times
View My Doll Albums HERE

My Random Doll Nonsense HERE

jabbamill2
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by jabbamill2 »

I am a proud owner of a 130cm Candace! Clothing is a bit of a problem! And a creepy one at that! She can wear a girls medium or sometimes a small. I like to dress her in leotards and tights. I have found that tights just a bit oversized will come up over her bustline like a body stocking and looks really sexy. And thigh high stockings that come up just over the knee makes good stockings for Candace too really thigh high! Get them at Hot Topic or Spencers! Go to Target for pantyhose there sheer to the waist! Yes this sounds really creepy but she looks and feels really good in hosiery! Hopes this might help a bit! I like Candance so much I ordered another!

GDP2000

Post by GDP2000 »

I have the 130cm fabric anime doll and about a year and a half so far she's great.
Sounds like a lot of your issues with your doll are your own doing. Check out my Repair and Maintenance log I have for some help.

Fabric is absorbent and can stain. You have to handle your doll with care. Damp cloth and dry cloth go hand in hand. Use a plush toy cleaning solution, designed to be gentle and not leave a residue.

The skeleton is lighter and has more limited range of motion than a TPE doll. I would like to see this change but I'm not holding my breath. You can easily tighten the joints on this one though. Just be careful with tools around the fabric.

The size is a personal thing. I got mine 130cm due to practicality as well.
There are plenty of nice clothes out there, you have to look. Mina has a wardrobe of classic and cute outfits. Most of her outfits make her look like a standard anime girl. She does have some Halloween and other seasonal costumes. Then something really nice found at a thrift store from David's Bridal formal wear, classy and elegant.

For the emotional part of the size, that is your own battle as well.
I handle mine with responsibility. Or I should say I let her have all the irresponsibility. I clean her regularly with deep cleaning as needed (dirt stain removal with hydrogen and peroxide) and joint maintenance about every week. I pose her around the house and she helps me keep a schedule, she has a bedtime and I then have an hour to myself before I have to sleep as well. When I have a rough day she is there super cute as ever to make me feel better with her arms out for a hug.

Give it time and don't stress too much. The fabric anime doll is a great doll to own and can help you in ways you'd never expect.
Attachments
1449623307-e940dc8091fa895db6f4a4e986d30da5.gif
1449623307-e940dc8091fa895db6f4a4e986d30da5.gif (978.82 KiB) Viewed 1227 times
22864924255e9421e4b63f1df43b517d5573d208_hq.jpg
22864924255e9421e4b63f1df43b517d5573d208_hq.jpg (24.49 KiB) Viewed 1227 times
Maintenance and repair log for 130cm Anime fabric doll

viewtopic.php?f=200&t=95439

Skeleton and Layer Breakdown

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 7&t=120019

INFORMATIONS