www.beautiful-dolls.com

TPE Doll Storage

Beautiful dolls have been on the market since 2011. They have a wide selection of TPE, silicone and fabric love dolls. They also allow their customers to order custom-made dolls in 3d technology. All the dolls that they sell are 100% original dolls made out of eco-friendly materials that are safe for humans. All dolls are inspected before shipment to the customers. The client is engaged in the development process to tailor the end product to his needs, by exchanging photos and further communication for every customizable detail. Beautiful dolls have the best prices for original dolls on the market. Just contact us, and find out for yourself!. Website: www.beautiful-dolls.com.
LWhisperer
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: Just a hapless waif caught up on the fickle winds of fate.

Re: TPE Doll Storage

Post by LWhisperer »

Ok, I'm finally home and ready to decompose..Er...decompress..Er, actually try to remember what Pythagoras taught us in 5th grade, and we all forgot. :D Well...most of us, except some sickos that like math. Just kidding. Nerd. :mrgreen:
A squared plus B squared = C squared.
If we assign 44.5" as the inside length of the box, and cut it in half, we get 22.25".
If we figure we need 48" for the doll, plus an inch on each side, we get 50". Then divide that by 2 to get 25".
Now we know 2 sides of 2 triangles.
So..I need a beer.

Urp!
Ok
So 22.25 squared is 495.06something.
25 squared is 625.
625 minus 495.06yadayada equals 129.94boogityboogity.
The square root of that is (glug glug)...a red pubic hair less than 11.4".
So...in the box in question, 46" outside length, I guestimate that the dolls neck and feet will both have to be 11.4 inches higher than her ass. 8O
Now, is that doable? Hmmm...4" base foam, 11.5" rise, 6"? Doll footsies. Nope, her piggly wigglies are 7". Buuuuut...they're gonna be at an angle equal to but perpendicular to our angle of rise. So 6" for feeties.
So that box needs to be 22" high, inside, to squeeze her in. Now, if we sculpt out an inch of the base foam at the butt, we can buy an inch. If we make the foam walls a half inch, we buy an inch...

:whistle:
Hahahaha...no. We got this. :D Why? Coz remember our discussion earlier about tears? That's why RDs and every good doll out there are molded in such a way that when you look at them hanging, you should be singin I like to go swimmin with bowlegged women :whistle:
Theyre made bowlegged so we can spread em further without tearing.
So, spreading the legs of the doll a little bit will decrease her length, thereby decreasing the necessary end rise.
I really, really should not have social contact after long whoopass work days....

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

LWhisperer:

I see where you are coming from. As a semi-professional pool player, I study geometry and physics to improve my game, so I think I can figure out these calculations. The Pythagorean theorem along with some tangent line calculations should be sufficient. When work slows down later, I will sketch it out & come up with a plan. Placing a foam triangle under the knees is another option that may work. I will have to measure the acute angle of lift and the triangle that is formed when the doll raises her legs at the knees. If it can save enough space, then this might be enough. I'll have to sketch out each scenario & see what will work best. I am planning on visiting the Tractor Supply Store tomorrow, so I can see and measure the box in person.
After that, I'll join you in a beer :glou:

D.A.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

LWhisperer
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LWhisperer »

D.A.
If anyone can do it, I think you can. You've got that head for math that I'm jealous of. With your tiny length ideal space, its just wicked touchy. But imagining her "bed" as being a kind of deep "V" and learning to position her body at those angles first, with her arms forward and in a bit, you could cradle her and slip her in her "pocket" pretty damn slick. The box just needs to be tall and wide enough. Wish I had measured its height and width when I was there.

:D Sorry if I was a little wacky yesterday. Sometimes my job drives me over the edge. Hope I never offend anyone.

My Tiffany is in her 56" storage box. I have 1" perimeter foam and first 4" base foam in place. Still have to get more foam for second base layer and find the right material for the outer liner, before I do the blanket installation and finalize.
Let me tell ya, with the foam in place, she JUST fits with her head on. I mean lengthwise there's barely a smidge to go in either direction. Width wise, just enough room to kind of scoop and roll to pick her up out. It'll be a bit easier with the second layer of base foam, as she'll be a bit higher in the box. :glou:

For anyone else doing something like this, look for 20" wide, 22" if you can. I only checked out a couple places that sold truck caps and accessories, then Tractor Supply. Tractor Supply didn't have a lot of options, I think because of time of year. But their truck boxes were lower in price than the specialty stores that sold higher end,, and my box was on sale. And they have 3 "quality" ratings - good, better, best. Mine is rated good. You don't need a tool box rated for a thousand pounds for a 55-65 lb doll. My box weighs maybe 45 lbs. Pretty light considering its tough enough to stand on! That's what's great about aluminum diamond plate. Light but durable. And the key lock entry is a win.

I'm sure other places like Central Tractor Farm and Family Centers, etc, might have good options, too. For me, I got Tiffany for $1850 during the sale. Shucking $300 into a forever storage place to keep her snug and safe is like buying insurance. Worth it. If she ever wears out, I already have a bed for the next doll her type and size. So the storage is a one time investment.

Thinking along those lines, for those that have 70" or more in length of space to store an across the bed "T" style box, they make some with the caps of the "T" deep enough that if you removed the struts and their mounts for the lid, you'd have the room for extra heads, inserts, wigs, and accessories on those shallow ends, and full deeper storage for the doll in the middle. Those were in the $300 range.

There are other storage options out there, too. I keep my mini in a cedar chest. I have a dresser that has a deep drawer perfect for a future VRD Kelu. 8)
Antique, consignment, and used furniture stores constantly have chests rolling through, and some of them are as long as the width of a full or queen sized bed. The added bonus is your tpe or small silicone doll storage is a piece of furnture that looks like it fits in the room. And how convenient to have your doll at the base of your bed? And installing a key lock on a wooden chest is an easy project.

Storage in boxes like these are great for tpe, smaller silicones like Reiko, MLDs, VRDs, etc. I know this thread is about tpe storage, but I've been asked about storing a Ruby this way. If your silicone doll is big enough that she was made with a neck or hanging bolt, hang her. Do Not store heavy silicone dolls laying down for any length of time. Their own weight will cause compression damage, even eventually on memory foam. Its ok to keep them in your bed for a day or two at a time, but heavier dolls were meant to hang.
Tpe Viola originally came with a hole in her back to hang. The manufacturer was trying to give the doll a nice feature of the higher end doll. After just one, ONE problem with a doll that may possibly have been due to hanging, he very responsibly pretty much said hey, we'd better not do this. And now Viola has tpe covering the hole. That's alright in my book, and there isn't a doll manufacturer out there that hasn't had a learning curve.

My last rambling this time is about cushioning. Craft and sewing stores sell foam for furniture cushions. Its not memory foam. Sure, its foam, and it may work. But not as effective. Craft store foam is perfectly fine to line the sides of a storage box. But for the cushion the doll is actually going to be laying on, bed specific memory foam is the only way to go. I know it means buying a mattress topper and cutting it up. But your doll is worth the insurance. Buy a 4" topper sized to give you two layers of base. And then use cheaper foam to line the sides. I use 1" for side cushion, just enough to keep the doll safe when I'm putting her in or taking her out.

bodyshots123
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by bodyshots123 »

hey if ur still looking for a good storage this site has the best cases
http://www.casesbysource.com

DollAfficionado

I purchased the 44" truck box and all the supplies that I need to make this work. The interior length is actually about 42" long, but it does have plenty of height to make the V-bed work. I did the math and the numbers allow the doll to fit in the box. I am going to begin work on this box bed over the weekend. If it works out, I will post details about the project along with some pictures in case anyone else would like to perform this project. If you have the space available, LWhisperer's storage method is the best way to go. My storage method will be for those of you who have a lesser amount of space with which to work.

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Zang »

This is already a very helpful thread; good info guided by experience. 8)
Thanks, guys, and I'd also like to encourage you to attach photos of the storage box-beds here at your convenience.

Nicefellow
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Nicefellow »

Found some good storage solutions at www.oreillyauto.com. "Truck Box"

DollAfficionado

In looking at the links that have been posted, there is quite a price range in storage solutions ranging from $99 for a simple lockable plastic container all the way up to $1K for full customization.

One poster had asked, "why not store the doll in her original box?" This is actually a perfectly acceptable solution that BD has endorsed. Regardless how well constructed the cardboard box is though, cardboard does become damaged over time, so it is not the best long-term doll storage solution unless of course you keep replacing the cardboard box periodically - a quality cardboard box is not cheap. Additionally, a cardboard box is not lockable and it can easily be invaded by mice, cockroaches, ants, etc...

Master Blaster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: aka "Cyberdoll" - Sitting at a table at the Doll Strip Club

Post by Master Blaster »

Another option is a Golf Travel Bag (soft) or Golf Travel Case (hard).

They are usually 48-55 inches in length and 12-16 inches in width and 9-14 inches deep. They also usually come with nice skate type wheels and handles to roll it around instead of having to carry it. And with latches that have key locks or tabs to put your own lock on. For the soft type bags a small lock to lock the 2 zippers together. They may not be designed to "carry" around or "travel" with 50-70 pounds but they'd be used mainly for storage and easy moving with the wheels. Plus, they don't weigh anything near the weight of "truck boxes". Line them with large bubble wrap and/or wrap her in a blanket. Nice storage and easy moving.

Go to ebay and do a search for "Golf Travel Bags" and "Golf Travel Cases".

Btw, check out my doll (same as Macy) album for over
a hundred (5 pages) of the sexiest doll pics you'll ever see:

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=6148
Attachments
Case 01.jpg
Case 01.jpg (53.07 KiB) Viewed 4104 times
Case 02.jpg
Case 02.jpg (203.22 KiB) Viewed 4104 times
Case 03.jpg
Case 03.jpg (80.98 KiB) Viewed 4104 times
Case 04.jpg
Case 04.jpg (28.13 KiB) Viewed 4104 times
Case 05.jpg
Case 05.jpg (61.85 KiB) Viewed 4104 times
Sexy Teaser APRIL (1AM Tiffany) Album
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=6148

There's Nothing Like a Doll Dressed In High Heel Pumps!

LWhisperer
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LWhisperer »

Incredible gallery, Cyberdoll!! :mrgreen: yummy!

I had actually looked at my golf case, initially, but mine was too small. And then I was rolling at the thought of my brother-in-law kifing my clubs again, and people's' reaction when he opened her up at the links! :D

I always say stuff like that can only happen to me. It'd be my own fault, for being so generous in lending to family and friends that, after a time, some of my stuff has become kind of community property. And multiple peebs have keys to my place, in order to take care of the plants, the fish, and the indoor pond when I'm away.

That's why I chose a more "nonportable", lockable approach, with a truck box that looks far heavier than it actually is, and noone with a key to the house has a truck, so no chance of them wanting to "borrow" it. Besides, they'd pay hell getting it out of the bedroom closet and down the stairs. :lol:

I was uncertain about the bubble wrap, long term. But I guess if the bubbles are large. Careful with blanket choices, as textures can eventually lead to compression marks, as evidenced a little bit by Netwit's mini, Cho. (Who would be an awesome first and practice doll for a newbie, and it blows me away that she hasn't found a new home yet at that price.) Before anyone chimes in that Cho is Si, not tpe, I know. But she's actually much lighter than these tpe dolls, and these dolls are every bit and more prone to picking up the texture they're laid on. They're so soft and nummy.
Have fun with your dolls, and your hiding places. :wink:

Snaketooth

Post by Snaketooth »

Would any golf case fit a Renee or Private Island bathing beauty?

0X

DollAfficionado

Cyberdoll,

First of all, that is a very nice photo collection.

The golf bag idea is interesting. If I decide later that I want to try to travel with my doll on road trips, then I may try to use one of these to build a portable bed. LWhisperer brings up a good point about someone trying to borrow your clubs, so using this storage method requires caution. The next time I am at a sporting goods store, I am going to check these out to see how well it would work.

oneatatime
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by oneatatime »

I like this idea, I saw it previously with a 4 woods doll as well. Looks like a great idea. Found it!

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... =ai+sister

DollAfficionado

I am still working on this storage solution, but I have been delayed. I had to either use some inferior materials or wait until they are shipped to me; therefore, I am waiting until I have the correct materials to do this project correctly the first time.

Zarnon
Former Member

Post by Zarnon »

I'm going to install a full sized electric blanket in the storage box. Its going to start at the top of the front wall, behind the front foam and cover layer. Then be Doubled between the two layers of 4" foam on the bottom layer. Then come up the back wall, again behind the foam and cover layer. But then the last 22" or so will be exposed to cover the doll. Why not lay the doll directly on the blanket, because the more direct heat will be more effective, you ask? Because you don't want compression marks from the wires in the blanket to mess up your doll while its in storage. I feel that the blanket turned on the highest setting within the confined space will be effective enough.
Watch out! Memory foam and electric blankets don't mix. I think if you're going to do it put it on top of the memory foam and have something else on top of the blanket to avoid wire marks. You won't be able to turn the blanket on very long which will make warming the doll difficult.

http://www.lifestylemattress.com/knowledge/index.php#15

15. Is it alright to use an electric blanket with my Memory Foam Mattress?
We do not recommend using electric blankets with the Lifestyle Mattress. Exposure to direct heat over extended periods of time can cause damage to memory foam. Once you are in bed, the mattress will warm up quickly in response to your body heat. If you do choose to use an electric blanket to warm your mattress before bedtime, we recommend that you turn it off after 20 minutes or so to avoid overexposing the memory foam to heat.

Heated mattress pads
We do not recommend using heated mattress pads. The on-going application of direct heat can eventually damage the LIFESTYLE MATTRESS MEMORY FOAM, reducing its therapeutic properties. Even when not used for heating, the pad will prevent the transfer of body heat into the LIFESTYLE MATTRESS MEMORY FOAM, reducing the therapeutic effect of the mattress.
Fall down 7 times, get up 8.

INFORMATIONS