exdollofficial.com

Advice with detached right hip

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

chewy

Advice with detached right hip

Post by chewy »

After roughly one very fantastic year, I decided to bring April17 out for some commemorative photo shoot.
But her right hip became detached while posing. Any advice on how I should go about reattaching it?

philpw99

Re: Advice with detached right hip

Post by philpw99 »

Oh, no, you need to cut her thigh open and repair her skeleton. If the metal pipe is broken then you are out of luck, if the screw is off then you can just put the screw back with a washer and threadlock glue. Then you use TPE glue to close the big gap. It's not easy to do. A scar will remain.

If that's possible, bring her to a clinic do an X-Ray first to find out what exactly happen.
The one and only: Debbie from Doll4E
Maker of Doll33: a doll talking app. Come to your local app store soon. :)
The Doll33 App with F-Mode Version 1.2, exclusively for TDF members.
AlexaTilbrook's Mirror link for my app. Version 1.2
For more info, go to doll33.com.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Feel around while gently moving both hips. Compare the two. It may give you an idea what could possibly be wrong. It's a start.
The only way to know as philpw99 stated is to cut a small incision at seam (very sharp scissors) and have a look. Most likely there will be gauze or something covering the joint.
There are posts here how repairs have been done with adding material to fix. Not an easy thing to diagnose until seeing what is actually wrong. unfortunately.

I'm in the same boat with a loose hip. feeling around and comparing the two with movements. it does not feel broken. I hope in your case it isn't broken either.

GirlsGang
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by GirlsGang »

Maybe this helps to clarify:
WFX_6536.jpg
WFX_6536.jpg (20.47 KiB) Viewed 1810 times
If you are lucky, only one of the bolts came loose. As suggested, try to feel where the bolts are and which moving direction is without resistance.
If its a broken weld on the thigh "bone", it gets more complicated, but it is still doable.
I have succesfully exchanged a lower leg bone on my DS145, that was 2 1/2 years ago, the leg moves still as adjusted at that time.
Cheers
GirlsGang

Someone who thinks logically is a nice contrast to the real world.

The girls:
Leora & Leonie (DS145)
Ebony & Ivory (Smart Dolls, 1/3)
Meet the Gang (1/6)
REVIEW:
AI S+ Fay/Sonia 4woods EU

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

So sorry to hear about this.

Just be brave and make the incision to have a look. See viewtopic.php?p=936297#p936297 where I tightened up Chloé's joints. On Aira, her sister, I've replaced shoulder to elbow bone with no trouble and DS are BRILLIANT at sending replacement bones if necessary.

For those recommending TPE glue - NO! These dolls are platinum silicone and Permatex Windshield flowable silicone is the best stuff to glue them together.

If I'm not mistaken Karrot's Xiaoli has had surgery and the good thing about silicone dolls is that it's all doable and as long as the incision is neat and along the seam, a repair can be near invisible for all practical purposes.

Samara says that to stick the foam together the flowable silicone's great for that too.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

jiayi
Management
Management

Post by jiayi »

Hi chewy
Sorry to hear about the broken hip.
Please see: viewtopic.php?f=183&t=76351&hilit=ds+br ... p+jiayi%5D
All the best for a full recovery.
Jiayi

gunsmithcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by gunsmithcat »

Dont use tpe glue, DS are made out of silicone, permatex windshield 8130 has work great for me so far. You'll need an xacto knife, 100% acetone,special gloves,and a metal food injector so far to inject the silicone once you are done with the surgery. I have work with delamination problem, which is not exactly the same, but if there is anything I can help you with send me a PM.
Elfie's Closet photo album
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=106702

Elfie's Closet photo album 2.0
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=134185

GooseLooney
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by GooseLooney »

Since we’re talking repairs, for a TPE doll, TPE glue can fix small tears between fingers and toes, and small gashes? If so, where is the best place to order it and are their certain colors you can order? Been meaning to ask about this for my beautiful Annie. She’s a WM163. Any info is much appreciated!

Goose
My sleeping beauties, Annie and Judith
Annie came home on April 12, 2018. Her blog: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=102005
Judith came home on Nov 27, 2019. Her blog: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=123357
It is incredible how much they do without doing anything.
My beautiful Annie now has her very own account on TDF! :) viewtopic.php?t=146179

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

chewy wrote:After roughly one very fantastic year, I decided to bring April17 out for some commemorative photo shoot.
But her right hip became detached while posing. Any advice on how I should go about reattaching it?

She is gorgeous! First make and incision to theouter layer with an exacto knife. Cut her wide so her skin doesn't tear.

Have a look inside and post pics. John and steven will help you too. Their customer service is top notch!
Of course we will help too.

Pro tips...
Cut six or seven inches total length.
Use antibacterial soap on the blade 4 a clean cut.
Once cut wear nitrile gloves to investigate.

Almost forgot there will be foam inner layer around the frame. Cut this carefully with the exacto blade dry.
Take pics and report back. Karrot has a good threat on his ds xoili repair. Check it out also
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

chewy

Post by chewy »

Thanks for all the advice. Just by looking at the skeleton picture alone I am almost pretty sure where it is broken and how it is broken. I am also relieved to see that the broken part can be detached and replaced.

I will post some pics once I cut her open.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

We are here to help you!
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

GooseLooney wrote:Since we’re talking repairs, for a TPE doll,
No. This thread is specific to DS dolls which are exclusively silicone.

Mention above is made about delamination.

In my experience delamination can be an advantage rather than otherwise . . . allowing greater movement and without detriment

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

chewy

Post by chewy »

After steeling my resolve with a shot of brandy, i finally cut open my lovely and got to where the joint is broke

I tried removing the part by turning all the bolts I can reach counter clockwise, but my arms are too weak to loosen any of the nuts.

Argh..... this is going to be a much longer struggle than I expected. But there is no turning back now.

I guess I need to do some weight training before I try again.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

By any chance are the nuts spot welded to prevent turning? If so, that needs to be cut and or ground off before the nut can be removed.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Your courage has already been demonstrated by cutting and having a look.
Mr. Franz is correct. they do tack weld nuts and bolts. This may be giving you some grief.

She is on the mend sir!! with patience, you'll succeed in this repair!

INFORMATIONS