exdollofficial.com

Advice on long term storage of DS-145?

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

Gust
Active Poster
Active Poster

Advice on long term storage of DS-145?

Post by Gust »

I need to store a DS-145 in its original shipping box for about 6-8 months and I came up with these two options:

1) Wrap the doll in a white bed-sheet, then in the sleeping bag that came from the factory. Put flat pillows in the original box under the back and legs to spread the weight, and store the box horizontally.

2) Attach a wooded board at the top of the box (see attached diagram). Drill a hole and attach a hook going inside the box. Wrap the doll same way as in option #1 but now hang it on the hook inside the box and store vertically. I'm not sure if the box will not bend or collapse under the weight because it's very tall, although it seems to have sturdy sides and a thick foam inside.

Which option would be better or do you have other advice?
Attachments
option2.jpg
option2.jpg (16.27 KiB) Viewed 2653 times

Sate
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Advice on long term storage of DS-145?

Post by Sate »

Morning,

For that length of time it is recommended to hang them for storage, though using the box as your stand while it's sturdy it will likely not hold out unless you can reinforce the sides somehow to shoulder the weight of the top piece of wood with the hanger.

I used to store my dolls hanging using a piece of gym equipment with all the seating / cables / pieces removed, if you're able to find a throwaway one or something cheap that is a good option just make sure the base is sturdy and doesn't rock around.

- Sate
My Dolls
- Elsa Babe 148cm RAD Doll - viewtopic.php?f=541&t=148889

Sate's Doll Archives
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=84142

Special
Action Figures: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=95008
Video Game Models: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=130012

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

Personally, I would store the doll laying down. Line the bottom of the box with a 2" piece of medium weight upholstery foam. Place a 1" piece of memory foam on top of that. Doll in sheet (no creases under her).
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

Dollyworld

Post by Dollyworld »

I stored my OR doll laying down for roughly nine month on a 2.5 inch thick foam pad. On top of the pad I placed a thick blanket which I took extra care making sure there were no wrinkles in the blanket under her, then I covered her up with a bed sheet. When I went to check on her after all those months I noticed her backside was slightly flattened out. My new torso that is coming soon I’ll store hanging.
My Dolls
WM Torso M-Cup - Sold April 2022
OR Doll 156cm H-cup - Sold Jun 2017
Ruby 13 Torso - Sold May 2017

jiayi
Management
Management

Post by jiayi »

I have been storing my 2 DS ladies, hanging in a closet, for the past 4 years with no ill effects. The DS boxes should be strong enough to use as you have described (wooden board to mount a hook). My only concern would be the box stablity. With the entire weight of the doll hanging from the top, the box could easily tip over. If you could stablize the box, I think it would be fine.

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

Dollyworld wrote:I stored my OR doll laying down for roughly nine month on a 2.5 inch thick foam pad. On top of the pad I placed a thick blanket which I took extra care making sure there were no wrinkles in the blanket under her, then I covered her up with a bed sheet. When I went to check on her after all those months I noticed her backside was slightly flattened out. My new torso that is coming soon I’ll store hanging.
The blanket may have been your downfall. There is no compression value in a blanket and it took away the foams ability to compress and cradle the dolls ass / weight properly.

The correct type and thickness of foam is important.

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

Gust wrote:I need to store a DS-145 in its original shipping box for about 6-8 months and I came up with these two options:

2) Attach a wooded board at the top of the box (see attached diagram). Drill a hole and attach a hook going inside the box. Wrap the doll same way as in option #1 but now hang it on the hook inside the box and store vertically. I'm not sure if the box will not bend or collapse under the weight because it's very tall, although it seems to have sturdy sides and a thick foam inside.
The box will collapse the minute you try and hang the doll. It is cardboard.

jiayi
Management
Management

Post by jiayi »

sl,
I assumed the 145 box and the 163 box were made the same.......

Gust
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Gust »

The box is made of very thick cardboard and there is a thick hard foam insert inside the box on all sides. I think the structure of the box should hold 50 lbs from the top side.

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

Gust wrote:The box is made of very thick cardboard and there is a thick hard foam insert inside the box on all sides. I think the structure of the box should hold 50 lbs from the top side.
It's CARDBOARD ... and Styrofoam. It will fold up faster than a cheap lawn chair.

take123
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by take123 »

Hanging my dolls is hard. I had a packaging supplier make me custom sized cardboard boxes which are thick. They are longer than the original DSDOLL boxes so I can mount her head and rest her fully flat with room to spare.

There is foam all around the box and on the bottom are several layers of foam and blankets. Effectively providing a soft pillow like cushion for her butt and shoulders. This is done to prevent indentation. Material used for this cannot have dyes that transfer as silicone absorbs color.

Every few weeks I do rotate my dolls on their sides and alternate left/right/back side for her resting position. This is to alleviate stress.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Gust wrote:I need to store a DS-145 in its original shipping box for about 6-8 months and I came up with these two options:

1) Wrap the doll in a white bed-sheet, then in the sleeping bag that came from the factory. Put flat pillows in the original box under the back and legs to spread the weight, and store the box horizontally.

Which option would be better or do you have other advice?
Yup. Hang her
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MannyCan »

See here .. My DS163+ stays in storage about 2 months at a time. Sad .. but luckily she has a very nice storage box that is comfy and keeps her safe:

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=85729

INFORMATIONS