exdollofficial.com

Can rips be permanently fixed?

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Can rips be permanently fixed?

Post by Pumpster »

HappyWabbit wrote:
Pumpster wrote:I ordered moulding plat silicone for testing (2 bottles A+B) but even if it's really strong and stretchy unfortunately it doesn't seem to stick to DS silicone at all.
Do you have a pic or link to what silicone you are trying? Is it not sticking to the permatex repair or to the DS doll? Thanks
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RTV-Addition ... 2749.l2649

This is what I bought, I hope link shows up. I tested it on silicone insert and it didn't stick so perhaps moulding silicone is not suitable for repairing. When I pulled piece of moulding silicone off from the insert after curing it left wet looking sticky spot behind. For some reason contact with DS silicone seemed to prevent moulding silicone from curing completely.

HappyWabbit
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by HappyWabbit »

Pumpster yes the link works thank you I have watched a few videos on silicone newborn doll making with the glove moulds and they use some type of blender to smooth out the seams and pour spout on the head and it looks like seam I was hoping something like that would work on these

HappyWabbit
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by HappyWabbit »

jiayi wrote:
rubherkitty wrote:Is the shoulder/ underarm area 100% silicone or do they have a foam core in this area?
I have done a shoulder repair on my 2015 163 tight joints and can say there is no foam, just solid silicone.
Regards,
Jiayi
Did you have the thin layer of silicone separate on your shoulder repair as in my pic of arm pit or did it stay in one piece? Is it easy to adjust the nuts on skeleton ? Thanks

jiayi
Management
Management

Post by jiayi »

HW,
What is the serial number of your doll?
My 2013 is 127005 09
My 2015 is 127279 04
I believe your doll is the old, harder silicone formula used before 2015. The same formula as my 2013 DS girl, which is also showing some tearing under the armpits. I have not tried to repair the 2013 in that area. It looks similar to your tear. I believe the silicone is solid, not layered. It’s just the way the silicone was torn.

The older formula may be less forgiving for repair, although I have fixed some small tearing in the insert opening on the 2013 with success using Permatex Flowable Sealent.

I have not tightened any of the 2013 joints, but I have tightened the wrists of the 2015. The older formula is a bit more difficult to find the bolt head and nut, but it’s doable. Try pinching across where you think the bolt is and move the joint. If the area you are pinching does not move, then you have located the bolt. I make an incision with a sheetrock knife blade just wide enough to get a socket on the bolt head and another on the opposite side for the nut. 1” or so should do it. The bolt and nut will have silicone adhered to them, but by pushing the socket around, you should be able to get it on.

The elbow/wrist bolt head and nut are 10mm. The shoulder bolt head/nut should be 12mm.

Let me know if I can be of further help.
Regards,
Jiayi

HappyWabbit
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by HappyWabbit »

Jiayi
Thanks for all the info my DS is 2014 serial number 123185 haven’t started yet but soon

HSP_960
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by HSP_960 »

I have a similar problem with my 2018 Sanhui 145cm. Small, shallow pits began appearing in the right armpit a few months after she arrived. By the time she was less than 6 months old, these small pits had grown and merged into its present hole that is 5cm long by 3cm high by 3cm deep. You can see and touch the skeleton.

Questions:
1. How should I clean the area before the repair (e.g. wipe it clean with isopropyl alcohol)?
2. Should I add the silicone in two layers or all at once?
3. MOST IMPORTANTLY: I'm about to fill a flexible void -- the hole in the armpit -- with silicone. That void may decrease in volume when the arm is moved. For example, when I fill the armpit with silicone when the arm is AWAY from the body, what will happen when I move the arm INTO the body after the silicone dries: will it pop OUT or will it pop IN (towards the shoulder) or will the silicone compress?
Attachments
5cm_hole.JPG
5cm_hole.JPG (741.7 KiB) Viewed 874 times

gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gonestill77 »

I was wondering.
Those who said the repair didn't stay or the silicone wouldn't stick together, are you using acetone on the area first?
Acetone is very necessary to get all dirt and oils off the area before using permatex or silpoxy to repair.

Without using acetone first, the repair is destined to fail.

:glou:
Eve- 2016 Sanhui 145
Lucinda- 2015 DS 163 plus

Eves thread http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=70866
Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=143&t=128707
My doll cleaning and drying video viewtopic.php?f=7&t=127010
Eve and Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=87&t=129480
Eve and Lucinda's dirty movies. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=126968

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

gonestill77 wrote:I was wondering.
Those who said the repair didn't stay or the silicone wouldn't stick together, are you using acetone on the area first?
Acetone is very necessary to get all dirt and oils off the area before using permatex or silpoxy to repair.

Without using acetone first, the repair is destined to fail.

:glou:
If you mean my molding silicone experiment then yes I always clean area using acetone first. Molding silicone simply doesn't seem to work as adhesive and despite cleaning with acetone even Permatex has it's limits and it'll separate from doll's silicone if it's subjected to enough pulling/stretching forces. As I noticed when I tried to fix the armpit tear first using Permatex flowable silicone adhesive, initially good looking repair but it teared open again within few days as I moved her arm.

INFORMATIONS