exdollofficial.com

Chinese Documentary on Doll Owners [Eng Sub]

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

Altair
Application Admin
Application Admin

Re: Chinese Documentary on Doll Owners [Eng Sub]

Post by Altair »

jbl182 wrote:Love it. The west can learn so much from the east.
Even here in the east we learn from other eastern countries.

@MikeOxbigg, @Frost, @Rick9191 Glad that you like it!

It's always interesting to know how the doll hobby manifests itself in different countries.

There were some recent documentaries on "doll brothels" in barcelona, which also featured actual doll owners.

I wonder if there are similar documentaries in french/german/spain etc.

MikeOxbigg

Post by MikeOxbigg »

Looking forward to the next part!

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

Altair wrote:I remember it was around 2017 that DS came out with the robotic head prototype. It's 2019 and still no news of it's release :whistle:
That's because DS have no interest in selling it or retailing it.

Altair
Application Admin
Application Admin

Post by Altair »

Maviarab wrote: That's because DS have no interest in selling it or retailing it.
That's a pity...
people who were looking for that extra realism, or the companionship that it might offer, would be disappointed.

...and here's another segment of the documentary, focusing on a certain Dr. Tai (nickname) who owns a doll.

it showcases how a doll can help in overcoming solitude, especially for those in grief.

In China some do empathize with his situation, while others may find him in need of 'treatment'.

What do you think?

Frost
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Frost »

It looks to me like he is fine with his choices. Let him cope with the grief in his own way. I am amazed that DS would create a custom doll for free.

Rick9191

Post by Rick9191 »

Altair wrote:
...and here's another segment of the documentary, focusing on a certain Dr. Tai (nickname) who owns a doll.

it showcases how a doll can help in overcoming solitude, especially for those in grief.

In China some do empathize with his situation, while others may find him in need of 'treatment'.

What do you think?

Well I'll say DS will get my business if I ever want a silicone doll. That was outstanding of them. It makes the man happy. That's all that matters. Nowadays people need treatment for the treatments they go through. It's insane.

Thanks again for the vids and info. It is great seeing how dolls are made and used around the world. I'm more like Dr Frankenstein when it comes to the ladies. LOL

NewFrontiers

Post by NewFrontiers »

Altair wrote: It's a 4 part documentary with each segment focusing on a different topic:
-The DS factory
-“打桩叔” aka "Piling Uncle" who doesn't have sex with his dolls.
-”Destiny七夕“ aka "Destiny Qixi" who lives with his wife, daughter and dolls.
-A middle aged widow who lives with a doll resembling his lost love.

Which one would you like to see subbed first? :)
That sounds like a huge amount of work. Thank you for offering to do such a task! We English-speakers would owe you a huge debt of gratitude.
If I was to pick one, I am definitely most interested in the DS factory. Especially because I plan to buy a DS doll next month.
Doll Sweet DS145 Plus Evo more pics and info here... viewtopic.php?f=143&t=116319

Altair
Application Admin
Application Admin

Post by Altair »

I'm glad that you enjoy the videos!

For the average chinese, it takes courage to file a lawsuit against a 'sex doll manufacturer' for selling a deformed doll.

He was willing to do this, even thought he had never step foot in a courthouse prior to this.

He was quoted as saying "I don't want to give the impression of an old man seeking to satisfy his biological needs by buying a doll online. The doll represents my love towards my beloved wife. To me, it is a form of spiritual comfort."

He was very particular about his privacy, concerned about the stigma of owning a doll in China. Since getting the doll, he rarely invited friends and neighbors to his house.
Also in the documentary, he is seen wearing a facemask for anonymity.

As local media reported on his circumstances, it got the attention of DS, who made the generous offer. It was their first attempt at creating a realistic doll (circa 2016).

It appears to me that chinese media are somewhat sympathetic to doll owners who cherish their dolls.

Here in southeast asia, these stories occasionally appear in our local daily, but it stops there. As the population is mostly religious, dolls are considered obscene and their owners considered sexual deviants. Hence any outdoor outings with a doll is virtually impossible....

How about your country?

NewFrontiers

Post by NewFrontiers »

Altair wrote:...and here's another segment of the documentary, focusing on a certain Dr. Tai (nickname) who owns a doll.

What do you think?
Wow, I thought it was heart-breaking and heart-warming at the same time. I've never been in a loving marriage like that so I can only imagine how profoundly tragic it was when his wife died. His love for her must truly be boundless, even years after she's been gone.

Good for Doll Sweet for helping the man and becoming the hero of the story.
Doll Sweet DS145 Plus Evo more pics and info here... viewtopic.php?f=143&t=116319

Dollicio

Post by Dollicio »

Another sex doll documentary from China which focuses on a father and his son who live together each with their own doll companions.

https://youtu.be/jPXX0y8pmWc

Frost
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Frost »

Dollicio wrote:Another sex doll documentary from China which focuses on a father and his son who live together each with their own doll companions.

Nice video, though not really specific to DS. I was surprised when they said approx. 1500 dolls sold a day.

I think things would look more positive, and be better understood, by non owners, if they gave them a name other than "sex doll". Yes, they are made to allow having sex with them, but they can easily be soo much more. The term sex doll, just sounds really whorish and dirty. We would probably have less issues with the law banning some dolls, if they weren't looked at specifically as a "sex" doll.

Altair
Application Admin
Application Admin

Post by Altair »

Dollicio wrote:Another sex doll documentary from China which focuses on a father and his son who live together each with their own doll companions.

Nice find!

I've been searching for that clip, but couldn't find it.

This father-son duo has been featured quite frequently in Chinese & Japanese news websites,
Frost wrote:Nice video, though not really specific to DS. I was surprised when they said approx. 1500 dolls sold a day.

I think things would look more positive, and be better understood, by non owners, if they gave them a name other than "sex doll". Yes, they are made to allow having sex with them, but they can easily be soo much more. The term sex doll, just sounds really whorish and dirty. We would probably have less issues with the law banning some dolls, if they weren't looked at specifically as a "sex" doll.
Actually in china they're mainly known as "Solid Dolls", to differentiate from the "blowup Dolls".

Rick9191

Post by Rick9191 »

Frost wrote:

Nice video, though not really specific to DS. I was surprised when they said approx. 1500 dolls sold a day.

I call mine lifelike or realistic posable mannequins because for me that's what they are. So when asked, I say it's a mannequin but a lot better than you'll see in a store.

shadow66

Post by shadow66 »

thank you for posting all this, most kind of you. in a way, it honors those of us that have lost a loved one, and the ones that have gone before us.

BuilderOfCastles

Post by BuilderOfCastles »

Thank you for the subtitles, its almost like understanding Chinese.

About the robotic head.

What i find most difficult, even more than getting the animatronics to look good, is the situational awareness that is needed to make use of it.

The eyes need to track to movement.
Else... she just stares off into space... and then stares off into another space.
and, every once in a while, she winks... at nothing?

So, right now, i would find a robotic head to be more of a distraction, and something that would break me out of the story/mood/suspension of disbelief, than it would be a help.

Those clowns over in Saudi Arabia cheated hugely to get that puppet to look like it was responding.
All that work, and they still needed a technician to tell the puppet when to reply.

INFORMATIONS