exdollofficial.com

Replacing the eyes

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

berwick
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Replacing the eyes

Post by berwick »

DS only offers 4 colors and I am hoping for a bit more variety to really customize it. The eye mechanism seem to be simple enough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkbjS30Ezkc

Has anybody done it to their girls, and if so, how difficult is the procedure? What sizes are these eyes?

cucky

Re: Replacing the eyes

Post by cucky »

Hi

Its not easy . You need to be "very" carefully .

I changed eyes on 2 of my doll heads .

I used :

- 2 hooks ( strong/hard steel wire )
- Lube
- Silicone adhesive ( a dark color to mix it with the adhesive )
- Patience :)

The adhesive (silicone glue) , i used because on 2 of 4 eyes i caused some small cracks in the corner of the eyes . And this part is dark ( eyeliner ) .

Peter
Attachments
942.jpg
942.jpg (367.64 KiB) Viewed 3475 times

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Karrot »

Cant say i had any issues changing the eyes in Xiaoli's Jaiyi head. Just opened the eye with pressure on cheeck and forehead, hooked it out by catching the metal surround and pulled. The most difficult bit was getting the square back to line up properly and seat in.

Karrot
I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, trying not to masturbate.
Xiaoli - DS Doll 160+ with Jaiyi head (Picture Thread here)
Kaia - DS Doll 167 Evo with Kayla head (Picture Thread here)
Xiaoli and Kaia together (Picture Thread Here)
Jess, Cindy, and Pinky (TeddyBabes) (Picture Thread Here)
Maddie - WM158G #233 (Picture Thread Here)
Romi - FunWest FWD078 (Picture Thread Here]

berwick
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by berwick »

Nice, maybe I'll give it a go with a suction cup.

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

berwick wrote:Nice, maybe I'll give it a go with a suction cup.
"you'll put an eye out with that nerf suction cup gun" "Only if im lucky!"
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

jiayi
Management
Management

Post by jiayi »

Here's the DS YouTube video http://youtu.be/aQa97TmoTL4
Regards,
Jiayi

berwick
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by berwick »

jiayi wrote:Here's the DS YouTube video http://youtu.be/aQa97TmoTL4
Regards,
Jiayi
Thanks, very helpful. Now onto finding pretty 24mm glass eyes. :thumbs_up:

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RaDiv »

That mechanism looks quite advanced. A pair of tweezers may do the trick too. Poking around in the eyesockets with your fingers is not to recommend.
She told me to come but I was already there

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

Is it normal that eyes seem to move in certain patterns only and I can't move them as freely as I want, or are they in need of lubing of some kind? For example if eyes are pointing up and I want to move them point down I can't just rotate them straight down but I have to move it down around either side.

mi6c
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by mi6c »

The way the eye is constructed, it should usually move good enough to the desired position, no lube needed.
Try pressing in the eyeball just a tiny little bit, then move to your desired position.
If you cannot reach a position, there may be some interference between the back of the eyeball and the spring pressing it forward - if that is the case the only thing you could try is to actually rotate the eyeball in its front-back axis, basically rotating the iris in its place and then after doing that a bit trying again.

I did take a Pair of DS eye mechanisms apart and replaced the eyes with mouth-blown glass eyes as a proof of concept but if you try anything like that be aware that if the eyeball has an extension in the back( and glass eyes usually do, even some acrylic eyes do) it will NOT fit as the mechanism is too short to accommodate those.
If you are planning to replace the eyeballs inside the mechanism then I would suggest to contact MannequinFan for a set of 24mm eyes with quick change lenses( inventor forum) - while I did not try that myself it should work well and make the effort worthwhile as then you could easily change the look again later.
Kind regards.
優月( Yuzuki) - Orient Industry Koyuki head / Silicone Art Super Styling(SS) body
艶( Tsuya) - Orient Industry Izumi head on Jewel Real Taste 146(L) body
Tinúviel - EXDOLL Samantha head on Orient Industry Jewel Candy Girl( Jewel 2) body
Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

jiayi
Management
Management

Post by jiayi »

Hi Pumpster,
Quoted from my post of 2015 "Sasha's new Sisters" DS 168 Review,
"The new eyes have different hardware then the old. Where harems use of two spoons to remove an eye whose holder is spherical shaped and key is rectangular, the new eye hardware is cylinder shaped, with a square alignment key. The best way to remove the new eye is to use two 4 inch mosquito hemostats.($4 each at Amazon). Place one on the upper part of the eye holder by pushing the eyeball slightly in. And place the other hemostat on the lower part of the eye holder. Spread the eyelids gently and pull on the hemostats straight out. Some water based lube would also be a good idea, as the new silicone forms itself quite well to the eye holder. I did put the old eye design in the new doll head, but you cannot do the reverse, due the rectangular/square key design. The new eyes do not move as freely as the old, due to the greater friction of the new silicone and the new holder design not being as smooth in operation. I compared the two designs while I had the eyes out. Seems the edges of the new holder should have been de-burred better on the parts that come in contact with the eye itself."
Hope this helps explain what might be happening.
Regards,
Jiayi

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

Back to eye business, as I really would like to try some other color eyes besides stock brown. Has anyone been able to find suitable half round eyeballs for DS dolls? It's been long sice I took one eye out from the socket (kinda hesitant to do it again) so I don't recall if there was something special about them, but size should be 24mm? Closest thing I've found in Ebay are 22mm hollow half round eyes but I think they are too small to fit correctly to the mechanism.

jiayi
Management
Management

Post by jiayi »

Hi Pumpster,
The eyeball itself is 24mm. I haven't tried fitting the hollow half round eyes. Let us know what you find.
Regards,
Jiayi

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

I took the eye out again and I remembered why I haven't dared to touch it since last time I took it out. It's way too difficult to get it out without damaging the silicone around the eye socket and now I made quite large slit in the process. The DS way of sticking a finger into the eye socket and pulling the eye out is definately not recommended, at least with DS145. Mechanism differs a bit from the video, also construction of the eyeball is a bit original so I doubt that any common doll eye works without modifications. I guess I'll just keep staring at her brown eyes from now on. At least I got the eye back into the socket a bit better this time, it looked a bit bulging after 1st removal as it's difficult to get eye aligned so that it sits properly.
Attachments
eye.jpg
eye.jpg (23.42 KiB) Viewed 2312 times

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

I've been working on a replacement system including eyelids for DS that works similar to the ones I make for TPE dolls.
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p1235324

These are still in testing. I have a guy in the UK that will be receiving a set shortly for review.

INFORMATIONS