exdollofficial.com

DS-EVO 145 Doll Review

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

zedoh6

DS-EVO 145 Doll Review

Post by zedoh6 »

Introduction

By now, I’m sure many of you are familiar with Doll Sweet’s latest model iteration, the EVO series.

For the uninitiated, the first EVO model was based on the 167cm body and featured several enhancements over the standard dolls (More realistic hands / feet, matte skin, fixed vagina). It was introduced along with 2 new heads (plus a skin tone unique to the EVO).

Doll Sweet has since added a 145cm body to the EVO series, as well as two new heads to complement it.

I will use this thread to introduce the elements that make up this latest entry to the EVO series. This review will highlight the distinguishing features of EVO dolls and I will provide my personal assessment of who I think this doll is designed for.

Let’s start at the top:

Heads

There are two new heads designed specifically for the DS-EVO 145. At the time of ordering, these heads were only available in Japan, so I am only aware of their Japanese names. Designated “Yuzuki” and “Riho,” they are essentially the same face with two different expressions.

Yuzuki
yuzuki factory.jpeg
Yuzuki features a placid expression with a gentle smile. Her gaze is very soothing. If you are frustrated or stressed, she will console you and help calm your anxious spirit.

Riho
Riho factory.jpeg
Riho seems melancholic, as if something is troubling her. Her sorrowful expression invokes empathy. What are you waiting for? Go comfort her! She could use a warm hug and someone to talk to.

As you can see, factory lighting is very harsh. It’s great for manufacturing, but it is lousy for photography.

Let’s take a couple portraits and I’ll go over what makes EVO heads different from standard ones:

*Click Click*

Yuzuki

Riho

Ahh, much better. I made these images a bit large so you can see more detail. Go ahead and view them fullscreen.

I’ll wait…

…What you’re seeing is S-Level makeup. I think there is a lot of confusion over what this is exactly.

I am not a spokesperson for DS. I don’t have all the technical details (nor do I think they would reveal all their trade secrets), but I believe I can give you a better idea of what it is and isn’t.

What it ISN’T: They advertise it as “waxworks” level detail. This is a bit disingenuous. You will not mistake these dolls for real people.

What it IS: After studying the head in natural light, I believe there are two major components that comprise S-Level makeup— one is an additional manufacturing step, the other is a slight upgrade to an existing step.

The additional process is the spraying of a matte finish over the face. This adds a very fine, velour-like texture, resulting in a non-stick surface that reacts to light similarly to healthy, non-oily skin. The back of the head is untreated. It is slightly more tacky and glossy. The tackiness may be a design feature to help keep wigs from slipping off, but the gloss is something to consider if you're thinking of photographing your doll bald.

The upgraded step is an additional makeup detail— The lips receive a tint wash, creating more shadow detail. The lips also feature a gloss finish so they glisten (this is not a “new” feature, it just stands out more because the rest of the face is matte).

As far as I can tell, that is the extent of S-level makeup as it relates to the heads.

To reiterate, I would dispute DS claims of “waxwork” level detail. You aren’t going to see veins on the neck. The inner portions of the eyelids / eye socket are not painted, so they will look odd from certain angles. There is additional detail over a standard doll, it is noticeable, but it is nowhere near as extensive as the advertising suggests.

However, what S-Level makeup DOES achieve:

S-Level makeup is a joy to photograph!

Because the face texture is matte, I can dial the highlights way back during photo processing and achieve the illusion of skin pore-level detail. WARNING: you will have to do a LOT of digital cleanup because the matte surface shows off every piece of lint / dirt. Just like shooting a portrait with a macro lens, only attempt if your subject has immaculate skin!

Now, at the other extreme, I can crank the highlights all the way up and achieve that “radiant, glowing skin” effect popular in old “gentlemen’s magazines.” Nowadays, the kids would probably call this effect "bloom" in video games.

[Note: I don’t have an image showing off this effect because I wanted to highlight the subtle detail of the skin, not mask it behind a glow… But it’s a visual effect I used to have to recreate digitally. Now it's naturally captured in the RAW file. A standard doll's texture is too smooth and glossy to blast the natural highlights— It blows out and looks like fake, oily silicone.]

The matte portions of the head have a smooth, slightly chalky feel to the touch. It is not sticky and can be handled right out of the box without powdering (I'd still recommend standard cleaning practices before intimacy).

It does not feel like skin, but it is still pleasant to stroke. The silicone is also VERY firm (e.g. The ear lobes are less like flesh and more like cartilage). That means the cheeks are hard and the lips are stiff. These are beautiful heads, but not very cuddly.

It should be noted neither head features an opening mouth.

In my next section, I will talk about the DS-EVO 145's body.

...To be continued...

Eve: left, Ada: right [Doll Sweet DS Mini]

Harumi [Doll Sweet EVO 145]

zedoh6
Eve, Ada, and Harumi's Photo Thread
Mannequins Photo Thread

Hollywu
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: DS-EVO 145 Doll Review

Post by Hollywu »

Cool! Thanks for taking the time to review the heads. They're fantastic and I can't wait to see what the body is like.

Fane

Post by Fane »

Congratz zedoh6 for receiving yr new lovely 145 Evo, I see you’ve aquired not one but both the new heads. I’m sure many enjoyable photo sessions will follow :D

I’m rather disappointed to hear about the partial treatment of the matte finishing for them, as these are premium priced dolls/heads so that’s a letdown. My own s-level Sharon received a full treatment tho, but she was aquired at a much earlier stage after the s-levels were first introduced and made available back then.

Have you applied yr own layer of eye shadow and lip gloss for the image with the wig on for yr Yuzuki head? It does look slightly different from the factory finishing you’ve also attached.

Cheers

WhataTimeToBeAlive

Post by WhataTimeToBeAlive »

Thank you for your honest thoughts on the heads, cant wait to read more about the 145-EVO body!

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

After your astounding work with Eve your photos of a larger doll will be sheer delight.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

Thanks for sharing! It seems you got the jump on things with the first user photos and review out. Given the benefits for photography, it seems appropriate that you are providing it. I have no doubt you will take full advantage of it and wow us with the results.

The U.S. site has an s-class head called "Luo" (but no Evo body to go with it). I wonder if this is the same as Yuzuki.

The partial finish is interesting. I suspect that maybe they decided to leave the back sticky to help keep wigs on, that they could save some cost, or both.

Also, I thought the matte finish was part of the molding process, but since it's not, does this mean that this finish could be applied to any DS doll rather easily?

Looking forward to seeing what they did for the body.

WhataTimeToBeAlive

Jimbofod wrote:The U.S. site has an s-class head called "Luo" (but no Evo body to go with it). I wonder if this is the same as Yuzuki.
Was wondering the same, they really look alike.

viewtopic.php?f=143&t=98397&hilit=LUO

zedoh6

Post by zedoh6 »

Everyone, thank you for your supportive comments and input!

I apologize for not responding individually, but I will attempt to address the pertinent questions that were raised.

Heads (addendum)

My photo process. I did not make any physical alterations to the heads for the images in this review. The difference in appearance is the result of lighting, not makeup.

Yuzuki head = Luo head. These names are used to sell the same head in different markets. I will continue to refer to this head as "Yuzuki" for the sake of consistency.

Matte finish. I don't know if this is a feature of S-Level makeup or the EVO package. It may not matter because Doll Sweet is restricting which configurations can receive this extra level of detail. I think they are also trying to discourage people from mixing EVO and non-EVO components.

Disclaimer. I have speculated that the matte texture on the head is a spray finish and not a product of the mould. This is an educated guess. My reasoning is that there are areas on the face that should be matte but aren't (inside / back of the ears, underside of chin, back of head). This is consistent with a spray gun shooting straight across the front of the doll's face.

S-Level makeup detail level mea cuIpa. I was overcritical. There is more makeup detail than I initially suggested.

The inner eyelids ARE painted, but it is very subtle. Also, shading was added to the lower eyelid to add weight.

I thought they may have forgotten to add blush to the cheeks, but I am detecting levels of red in my color photo histograms. Again, it is there but very subtle. If it shows up in the RAW file color data, it can be enhanced or left alone during processing. Subtle is far better to me than overdone.

The tint wash on the lips for both heads is a bit sloppy upon close inspection, but fine for most photo applications. The lips are a definite improvement over stock, featuring three distinct shades of coloring.

In order to make amends, I have included a photo where I demonstrate the beauty of the subtle makeup detail:
gloomy Harumi.jpg
(Note: I found the least flattering angle for the matte finish and then pushed the highlights. You can see how pleased Harumi was with this. "Gomen, Harumi-chan!" Look how smooth the lighting is across the skin without blowing out or looking greasy. This finish is amazing for photo work. I also kept the lips in focus so you could make out the painting detail.)

...To be continued...

zedoh6
Mannequins Photo Thread

WhataTimeToBeAlive

Thank you VERY MUCH zedoh6, for your latest discoveries and answers to our questions!

I cant believe how exited i am about the continuation of this review!

Quellis
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Quellis »

Thank you for sharing this with us. New info is always appreciated.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

It's good to read of your findings of subtlety here. I'm fed up of snobs who tell me that only one or two specific brands are hi-end dolls. They simply don't like the thought that DS is real competition.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

philpw99

Post by philpw99 »

Wow! This is such a professional analysis of the new heads and mysterious "S-level make up"! It's really a gem among all the posts.
The one and only: Debbie from Doll4E
Maker of Doll33: a doll talking app. Come to your local app store soon. :)
The Doll33 App with F-Mode Version 1.2, exclusively for TDF members.
AlexaTilbrook's Mirror link for my app. Version 1.2
For more info, go to doll33.com.

Mr-Smith
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Mr-Smith »

Interesting Exdoll is showing several heads with S-Class make-up, including Butterfly (Aoi=Nina) and Firefly (Wakana), Cherry, as well as others, however, only these two, Riho and Yuzuki for the Evo.

Makes me wonder is S-Class make-up will become an upgrade option for all heads and/or these other heads can be paired with the current Evo body...

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your review.

Edit. Per JP site Aoi, Cherry blossom, Yu, Aka, Yuki are also available for ordering with Class A head as an upgrade.
" The candle that burns twice as bright, burns half as long..."

zedoh6

Post by zedoh6 »

I am humbled by the attention that this thread has received.

It is gratifying to know that my observations are helpful to others.

UPDATE: In the days since my last entry, I’ve been suffering a heavy bout of depression. Think of it like a set of headphones you can’t take off and what you hear is your own voice criticizing and casting doubt on everything you do.

In addition to fighting through simple activities without being able to trust my own judgement, I have to “pretend” I’m normal in public to keep from crumbling to the ground and just crying in despair.

It is incredibly draining and unfortunately it prevents me from doing things I enjoy, including contributing to this forum.

The EVO 145 body arrived yesterday. It was late in the afternoon and I was not feeling well. I managed to take some pictures and I will process them after I finish this entry.

Unfortunately, my depression is making it very difficult to concentrate. Under its influence, I tend to make very odd decisions (for example, entering an admission of depression in the middle of a review).

Thankfully, I can express myself fairly well today, so I’m hoping that my depression will lift as I become more creatively engaged.

…to be continued…

zedoh6
Mannequins Photo Thread

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

Please take all the time you need, and take care of yourself. While I'm sure many of us are anticipating your continued thoughtful and informative review, along with your beautiful photos, please don't feel pressured.

INFORMATIONS