exdollofficial.com

storage question....

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

gunsmithcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

storage question....

Post by gunsmithcat »

I was considering buying an ottoman to store my doll inside. The only problem I see is that the arms and legs will be closed kinda tight, and I know people recommend having the arms and legs extended to avoid creases or cuts on the silicone. I don't think hanging the doll for now is much of a choice .... any recommendations or suggestions? thanks in advance!
Elfie's Closet photo album
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=106702

Elfie's Closet photo album 2.0
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=134185

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: storage question....

Post by Willendorph »

The 145 shouldn't be too bad, but I would definitely keep her flat with no pressure on the joints (and some decent padding under her). The classic place is under a bed - some have very good storage. It really depends how much room you have and what will work in your home. Having a good storage solution is definitely going to be important to keep her in good condition in the long run.

gunsmithcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by gunsmithcat »

Willendorph wrote:The 145 shouldn't be too bad, but I would definitely keep her flat with no pressure on the joints (and some decent padding under her). The classic place is under a bed - some have very good storage. It really depends how much room you have and what will work in your home. Having a good storage solution is definitely going to be important to keep her in good condition in the long run.
Thanks for the advice, but under the bed is not a choice for me since the bed I have is an storage drawer bed. So there is no room under it. The house its an old house with no closets so.... neither a choice... since those put it together closets I doubt they'll be strong enough for it. If I decide on the ottoman I was thinking on padding it with memory foam all around, since it seems to work the best for them.

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

gunsmithcat wrote:
Willendorph wrote:The 145 shouldn't be too bad, but I would definitely keep her flat with no pressure on the joints (and some decent padding under her). The classic place is under a bed - some have very good storage. It really depends how much room you have and what will work in your home. Having a good storage solution is definitely going to be important to keep her in good condition in the long run.
Thanks for the advice, but under the bed is not a choice for me since the bed I have is an storage drawer bed. So there is no room under it. The house its an old house with no closets so.... neither a choice... since those put it together closets I doubt they'll be strong enough for it. If I decide on the ottoman I was thinking on padding it with memory foam all around, since it seems to work the best for them.
You might still be able to get the bed to work by removing the drawers and then doing a bit of carpentry work to make a big enough space. If not, the ottoman could work. The difficulty is finding one big enough for her and the extra room to get her in/out! I'm sure other members will be able to advise you though.

gunsmithcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by gunsmithcat »

Willendorph wrote:
gunsmithcat wrote:
You might still be able to get the bed to work by removing the drawers and then doing a bit of carpentry work to make a big enough space. If not, the ottoman could work. The difficulty is finding one big enough for her and the extra room to get her in/out! I'm sure other members will be able to advise you though.
I did found one big enough at amazon since its 59" long... the problem is that its only 17" wide... which is my concern.... the doll will fit... but it would be tight there...

mexdl
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by mexdl »

Hi gunsmithcat

I also live in a old house and i can relate to your situation.
I tried several ways to store my dolls , I hope you can grab some ideas.

when I bought my first doll I tried ordering a custom made chest or ottoman with the right size for my doll ( I had a furniture store and had a good relationship with furniture makers)
otoman_jeanette.jpg
otoman_jeanette.jpg (86.64 KiB) Viewed 1945 times
The ottoman was a nice idea because it was placed at the end of the bed an looks nice and the doll inside was protected from dust. The cushioned top is great to change her clothing, to pose and to play with the doll. The bad thing was the process of taking out and then put it inside ottoman. it is a lot of effort for my back to pulling out from the low position inside the ottoman.

My second choice was a metal rack commonly found at home improvement store, the doll always stay hanging with no stress.
rack.jpg
rack.jpg (128.13 KiB) Viewed 1945 times
You can cover the rack with fabric like the cheap portable garment racks (the 145cm doll is not so heavy)
portable-zippered-garment-rack.jpg
portable-zippered-garment-rack.jpg (27.46 KiB) Viewed 1945 times
today, I realize the best way keeping the doll safe and in best condition is in hang mode. sometimes the doll is seated on the ottoman ...

here is the info for this cheap doll stand:
mexdl-doll-stand.jpg
mexdl-doll-stand.jpg (173.15 KiB) Viewed 1945 times
and don't worry about the ds armpits , i stored my doll for 6 months inside the cardboard shipping box and no damage found on that area. the real danger in armpits is if you surpass the arms moving limits (check the ds site)

I hope you can find some of the info useful.

Regards

Mexdl.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

gunsmithcat wrote:I was considering buying an ottoman to store my doll inside. The only problem I see is that the arms and legs will be closed kinda tight, and I know people recommend having the arms and legs extended to avoid creases or cuts on the silicone. I don't think hanging the doll for now is much of a choice .... any recommendations or suggestions? thanks in advance!
Why not put a metal pipe bar in your closet and hang her with the head on. If you do not have a hang kit they will send you one. Long term tight storage will cause damage to your precious dollies arm pits. I wouldn't risk it.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

gunsmithcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by gunsmithcat »

I think hanging the doll with maybe the metal rack might be the best choice for me since I don't have closets. how do you hang the doll with the head on? I've seen the hanging kit from ds, but where can I get the little screw that goes inside the dolls neck trough the head? do you have to customize it?

mexdl
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by mexdl »

Hi gunsmithcat

this is the hanging kit:

(the doll hook is only to store the doll without the head)

as you can see, it is a steel wire mounted on a bolt (screw? sorry english is not my main language) this part goes all the way inside the head and is connected with a "s" steel hook (not show on picture)

in the following picture the "s" hook shows over the head. DS DOLL kit is the two part Kit,
doll_with_kit.jpg
doll_with_kit.jpg (144.7 KiB) Viewed 1874 times
if you have experience in welding and hardware, you can do it yourself but I recommend to buy directly from Ds-doll, your doll is a precious expensive cutie and have to be always fully secure.

I have older ds heads with no internal cavity to place the hanging kit, In theory it can do a drill to let the hang kit pass. My advice is to ask Steven from DS.
Maybe some people at DS can reply this thread.

I Started this 2018 with a lot of doll projects, one is to upgrade myself the old ds heads with punching natural hair on it, it would be cool to upgrade to use it on the hanging stand.

regards.

Mexdl

gunsmithcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by gunsmithcat »

Awesome, I contacted DS already for the matter. I got my DS doll a week ago, so I guess its kinda weird that the head is not built for the hanging kit...maybe... I mean I can see a metal tube going through the head, but there is no whole at the top... so I'm unsure...

mexdl
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by mexdl »

gunsmithcat wrote:Awesome, I contacted DS already for the matter. I got my DS doll a week ago, so I guess its kinda weird that the head is not built for the hanging kit...maybe... I mean I can see a metal tube going through the head, but there is no whole at the top... so I'm unsure...
Maybe you can ask for the metal tube cap that goes on top of the head, (i cannot show you because I am at work ) because on second though, the continuous contact of the silicone and wire can damage little by little the top of the head.

here is the ds video for the hang doll kit:

you can save on the shipping bill by add a an insert or a second head, just a thought.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

I modified my old 2013 doll head for a hang kit. A lot of guessing went into it. I had to cut a slit in the top of her head to make it possible. The hang loop and rod passed through
Attachments
20180101_041436.jpg
20180101_041436.jpg (2.49 MiB) Viewed 1855 times
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

gunsmithcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by gunsmithcat »

Wow awesome job. Thank you guys!

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Mexdl - it's lovely to see your lady! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

mexdl
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by mexdl »

samara78 wrote:I modified my old 2013 doll head for a hang kit. A lot of guessing went into it. I had to cut a slit in the top of her head to make it possible. The hang loop and rod passed through
OH! great!, so now we know it, it is possible!

@Samara78: Does your doll head is the old silicone mix? (around 2012-2013)

INFORMATIONS