exdollofficial.com

Big bump in the leg from the silicone... is this normal?

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

gunsmithcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Big bump in the leg from the silicone... is this normal?

Post by gunsmithcat »

My doll seems to have problems when I sit her down with her left leg by the hip area. The right side seems fine, but the left seems and feel like the silicone is becoming separated from the foam.... is this normal? should I be concern? is it fixable? Should I contact DS about it? It just seems to be getting worst by the day, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Attachments
IMG_4750.JPG
IMG_4750.JPG (2.1 MiB) Viewed 2259 times
IMG_4749.JPG
IMG_4749.JPG (1.98 MiB) Viewed 2259 times
Elfie's Closet photo album
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=106702

Elfie's Closet photo album 2.0
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=134185

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Big bump in the leg from the silicone... is this normal?

Post by samara78 »

Not normal she has delaminated from the core(when the silicone seperates from itself or the internal structure of the doll) this can be repaired thankfully.

You will need a sharp blade(exacto knife unused)
A flavor injector with metal canula(wal-mart)

Some acetone(for prepping the cut before gluing. You must start by putting her in the spread slightly position.

Now for questions

Is there a void anywhere on her thigh in or out?

Have you been posing her legs at more then a 90 degree angle upwards?(sitting position)
or more then a 35 degree angle outward?(splits like cheerleaders)
This isn't a too hard repair to do. Let's set up a conference type call when you have the needed items please shoot me a private message and give me a call thereafter.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

gunsmithcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by gunsmithcat »

samara78 wrote:Not normal she has delaminated from the core(when the silicone seperates from itself or the internal structure of the doll) this can be repaired thankfully.

You will need a sharp blade(exacto knife unused)
A flavor injector with metal canula(wal-mart)

Some acetone(for prepping the cut before gluing. You must start by putting her in the spread slightly position.

Now for questions

Is there a void anywhere on her thigh in or out?

Have you been posing her legs at more then a 90 degree angle upwards?(sitting position)
or more then a 35 degree angle outward?(splits like cheerleaders)
This isn't a too hard repair to do. Let's set up a conference type call when you have the needed items please shoot me a private message and give me a call thereafter.

I had the doll for just about 2 weeks. I have being super gentile with her, and I have not pose her beyond the angles, or rotations recommended by the seller. I have only sit her or pose her for very shorts periods of time, and most of the time she is laying on a bed in factory mold position...

I checked the pictures that the seller send me before she shipped the doll out, and you can see a very small issue ... at that time I didn't pay much attention to it, because I thought it was just normal... but you can see where it probably started... I will really appreciate if you can help me repairing her.

I'm not exactly sure what do you mean with void on her tight... can you please clarify? thank you very much!
Attachments
hip.png
hip.png (92.2 KiB) Viewed 2189 times

TheIQF++
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TheIQF++ »

Hello again, gunsmithcat.
I was just about to ask the same question. :o I see you have the same problem as me. My new 167 has a weird bulge on her left leg. :cry:
oddskin.JPG
oddskin.JPG (147.38 KiB) Viewed 2133 times
Like you I am very careful with her. This is my newest doll and her skin feels softer than the others but I haven't had this problem with any of them.

I asked John at DS and he said maybe this happened because of the humidity??? He said the skin is separated from the foam underneath.
He said "to repair, you need to inject some adhesive under the skin, glue the skin on the foam.
you can use needle or cut a small open by the side of the leg. it may not leave scar."

He recommended using sil-poxy. https://www.smooth-on.com/product-line/sil-poxy/
I intend to do this surgery soon too. Luckily I have all the ingredients except for a way to inject the glue under the skin. It would be nice if I could just poke a needle in that left no scar. I don't want to deal with incisions again. I will look for a flavor injector with metal canula like samara said. Thank you, samara.

Good luck to you, gunsmithcat.
:angel:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

gunsmithcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by gunsmithcat »

TheIQF++ wrote:Hello again, gunsmithcat.
I was just about to ask the same question. :o I see you have the same problem as me. My new 167 has a weird bulge on her left leg. :cry:
oddskin.JPG
Like you I am very careful with her. This is my newest doll and her skin feels softer than the others but I haven't had this problem with any of them.

I asked John at DS and he said maybe this happened because of the humidity??? He said the skin is separated from the foam underneath.
He said "to repair, you need to inject some adhesive under the skin, glue the skin on the foam.
you can use needle or cut a small open by the side of the leg. it may not leave scar."

He recommended using sil-poxy. https://www.smooth-on.com/product-line/sil-poxy/
I intend to do this surgery soon too. Luckily I have all the ingredients except for a way to inject the glue under the skin. It would be nice if I could just poke a needle in that left no scar. I don't want to deal with incisions again. I will look for a flavor injector with metal canula like samara said. Thank you, samara.

Good luck to you, gunsmithcat.
:angel:
Thank you! good luck to you as well!

ZebramDollImmortal
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ZebramDollImmortal »

Hope you were able to get your Doll surgery procedure done, how is she holding up?
Celeste JY 140cm Image
Please Read my post at the bottom TY
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=94678&p=1233777#p1233777

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

No not normal, but you are in good hands :D :thumbs_up:

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Always happy to lend a hand!
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Ddwyerstar
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Ddwyerstar »

I would cut her at the hip seam and make sure the joint is not broken also much easier to add glue
DS 163 pink skin, brown eyes, Kayla AKA "Inara"
DS 163 pink skin, closed eye WM head 59 AKA "Skylar"
DS 163 pink skin, ORdoll head 088 AKA "Sabrina"
DS 163 pink skin, Jiaxin head AKA "Allie"
MY DOLL ALBLUM http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14604

Anaennard
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Anaennard »

ZebramDollImmortal wrote:Hope you were able to get your Doll surgery procedure done, how is she holding up?
Not yet. We want to sort out the vendor's side of this before trying anything, but Samara is amazingly helpful :D

grimreefer24601

Post by grimreefer24601 »

Seriously, don't do anything to your doll until you contact your vendor. That is a defect. A two week old doll should never need surgery.

Mishka1965
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mishka1965 »

Always wait and see what they offer to fix the issue. Sometimes a second doll at a big discount or free is cheaper than rt shipping. The repair can be done with silicone glue or any glue that dries to a flexible state. Injecting the silicone is hard but a blunt canulated needle and 10cc syringe is doable. I would use a whole silicone tube injected and let her sit flat for several days. I would not cut her open unless the glue did not work. Also, one has to determine how deep to inject so as to not just go into the foam only.

Mishka
Photographer and Doll Enthusiast
2018-2021 Photographing for JIUSHENG-DOLL,6YE,SinoDoll
2022-2023 Photographer/Reviewer for Zelex, TAYU, MRD and IronTech

Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/Mishka_1965
Instagram Page:https://www.instagram.com/_mishka1965_/

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

When I had a broken skeleton problem with my DS minis over a year ago, John said they couldn’t ship any ‘glue’ out of China but ‘some people’ have used SilPoxy to repair silicone. This is a silicone mold repair glue and does work well if a little less flexible than the original! However, when I searched for it they only have a few distributors and it cost me over £45 for one tube in the UK!

As said above, this should not happen to a two week old doll and DS should not be trying to tell you it’s an easy repair job like they did with my minis! It seems pretty typical of them to just fob it off! It’s a manufacturing defect!

Cheers, Hollows.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Karrot »

Permatex Flowable Silicone Sealer is also excellent for DS silicone repairs and cheap as chips! I use it exclusively for repairs to Xiaoli and it doesnt require mixing like silpoxy which is a 2 part silicone.

I had similar on Xiaoli at her knees a long time back to to me posing her at extremes and used a 10CC syringe and a blunt needle to inject.

On a 2 week old doll this isnt normal, but its not a catastrophic failure. When the foam cores are made they seal them so that the poured silicon doesnt flow in to the foam (which would add weight and cost) so whats happened here that the silicone skin has simply become detached from the foam core. Injecting some flowable silicone and squishing it about in the de-laminated area, then leaving her to lie in a neautral position is all thats needed to fix this.

K
I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, trying not to masturbate.
Xiaoli - DS Doll 160+ with Jaiyi head (Picture Thread here)
Kaia - DS Doll 167 Evo with Kayla head (Picture Thread here)
Xiaoli and Kaia together (Picture Thread Here)
Jess, Cindy, and Pinky (TeddyBabes) (Picture Thread Here)
Maddie - WM158G #233 (Picture Thread Here)
Romi - FunWest FWD078 (Picture Thread Here]

gunsmithcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by gunsmithcat »

Awesome, thank you for all the advice guys!

INFORMATIONS