exdollofficial.com

MannequinFan Eyelids Now for DS Dolls!! Woot Woot!

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

MannequinFan Eyelids Now for DS Dolls!! Woot Woot!

Post by MannyCan »

One of the things we try to do as doll owners is to breath as much life into our dolls as possible. While my DS is one of the most beautiful sculptures out there, I've always had trouble with the limited facial expressions that she could accomplish. Here Nadia appears very restless. No matter how I pose her, I simply can't convey an emotion of tiredness because her eye stare openly.
Preview-zzP1080585.jpg
Preview-zzP1080585.jpg (722.67 KiB) Viewed 5593 times
So recently I've worked with the AMAZING TALENTED MannequinFan to try to remedy that for DS Dolls. Finally, Nadia can get a good night's sleep. Its amazing the restful emotions that you can get simply be allowing the eyes to close!
Super Super Hats off the ManniquinFan for this wonderful addition to DS Dolls.
Preview-zzP1080591.jpg
Preview-zzP1080591.jpg (964.23 KiB) Viewed 5593 times
Preview-05.jpg
Preview-05.jpg (200.42 KiB) Viewed 5593 times
The items from MannequinFan were sized correctly for the DS eyes. In testing, the DS eyes were bit challenging because of the rather complicated system that DS uses. In the end, MannequinFan was able to fashion something compatible.
Preview-01.jpg
Preview-01.jpg (284 KiB) Viewed 5593 times
Now, I'm still working on the coloring a bit. Because DS uses a dark eyeliner, blending the lid was a bit difficult. If done right, I should really strip the coloring from the DS eyeliner and color the new MF eyelid the skintone. But stripping the eyelid color has its own challenges as well - so I'll have to think about that some more.
Preview-02.jpg
Preview-02.jpg (295.16 KiB) Viewed 5593 times
Preview-03.jpg
Preview-03.jpg (216.76 KiB) Viewed 5593 times
Preview-04.jpg
Preview-04.jpg (233.61 KiB) Viewed 5593 times
For now, Nadia is looking much better in sleepy poses. And I'm thinking that there's going to be a new full pictorial of her soon!
Preview-zzP1080640.jpg
Preview-zzP1080640.jpg (1.25 MiB) Viewed 5593 times
Preview-zzP1080996.jpg
Preview-zzP1080996.jpg (1.38 MiB) Viewed 5593 times
Again - I really appreciate that MannequinFan took the time to consider us DS owners. If you want a light, simple project to upgrade your DS; one with a HUGE benefit for posing emotions - definitely reach out to him. You won't be sorry.

Check out some of his other creations here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=57400&hilit=eyes

Kazuya
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: MannequinFan Eyelids Now for DS Dolls!! Woot Woot!

Post by Kazuya »

Great idea. I’ve been considering getting the Kayla closed eyes head so this is of interest. How did you blend the top and hide the lashes?

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MannyCan »

Kazuya wrote:Great idea. I’ve been considering getting the Kayla closed eyes head so this is of interest. How did you blend the top and hide the lashes?
First of all I had to remove the eyelids. There is not way to hide it per se. I was going to try to trim it down, but alas that's just the same as removing it. I removed the lashes carefully with an Exacto knife.
01-LashRemoval.JPG
01-LashRemoval.JPG (188.16 KiB) Viewed 5525 times
Now - over the months, I caused a series of small tears to Nadia's eye sockets. This was really unavoidable if you remove her eyes at all. In an attempt to better understand my doll, I did this about a half-dozen times. And that was enough to cause little tears (despite being super careful each time).

So the first thing I did was to fill in the tears with Sil-Poxy.
https://www.smooth-on.com/product-line/sil-poxy/

I opted to use more Sil-Poxy to "Fill" the tears instead of using it to "Bond" the tears. I've used Sil-Poxy to bond tears before. It works great! But I figured that since there was a stress point, might as well fill because it would reduce the stress point (avoiding future tears).
02-TearFixing.jpg
02-TearFixing.jpg (212.58 KiB) Viewed 5525 times
After the filling was done (and curing), I started to color in the parts that were discolored from the tearing and the lash removal. I used a fine sharpy because I felt the control would be best. I don't have a lot of sophisticated art tools unfortunately. But for black on black it worked very well. I then sealed it with a small layer of Sil-Poxy. The top-coat of Sil-Poxy also allowed me to blend the blend the sharpie a bit. It was really easy to control with a sharp cotton tip.
03-ColorFill.jpg
03-ColorFill.jpg (176.88 KiB) Viewed 5525 times
04-SealColor.jpg
04-SealColor.jpg (180.38 KiB) Viewed 5525 times
For blending the eyelids - I did something that I'm not sure was the best way of doing it.
I used powdered color (like typical stuff from walmart - I can get the exact kit names if people really want it).
The reason I used powder instead of paint is that (1) I didn't know what I was doing, and (2) I wanted to be able to slowly increase and decrease the colors. I figured that paint would be more "one and done". And the color matching would be key to making the illusion work.
05-PowderColor.jpg
05-PowderColor.jpg (169.74 KiB) Viewed 5525 times
As it were, I always knew I would do this to my doll. In fact, when I made my build-doc for Doll Sweet, I SPECIFICALLY asked for NO EYE-LINER and No Upper Eyelashes. They just chose to ignore my request. :evil: :evil: But at least they didn't add the eyebrows. That was important so I could have different eyebrow expressions.
07-Eye-Request.jpg
07-Eye-Request.jpg (198.14 KiB) Viewed 5525 times
So - In order to fix that (since I'm not adept enough to remove silicone make-up), I made the top black to match DS make-up. And then I blended it down to a skintone. I could have made the whole thing black, but I was trying something different. Straight black may work better, and for Reetzia's eyelids I might just do that. I used several layers and sealed each layer with some matte clear spray sealant from Home Depot.
06-PowderBlend.jpg
06-PowderBlend.jpg (180.4 KiB) Viewed 5525 times
For the eye lashes I bought some nice ones.
Ardell Color Impact Lashes, Demi Wispies Plum
https://www.amazon.com/Ardell-Color-Imp ... B00CA0F6Y8

I bought the hype that enhances the eye color. I don't know if it did. I'm leaning "yes". Either way, it looks real nice.
The only warning I would give is that the Demi Wispies are a real pain to get off the packaging. Like .. SERIOUSLY.
Its easy to ruin it if you pull it off wrong. So have a pair of tweezers and an Exacto handy.
The upside is that if you get the glue off with the lashes, it sticks right to MannequinFan's new eyelids. Just use a sharpie to blacken any fake-lash parts that stand out.

Guys, this is the first time I'm doing this - so I wouldn't say this is a perfect tutorial by any means. But I hope it helps!
MannyCan

Adventurer
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by Adventurer »

Fantastic work! She looks great!
----
Kateryna & Vera (Zelex 170c and 172 SLE) review and photos: viewtopic.php?t=175212

My Sili Doll Sukiwaai review and pictures thread:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=81812

Willow- My SM 156c Silicone:
viewtopic.php?f=269&t=138708

Piper Doll Jessica:
viewtopic.php?f=387&t=131094

HonkyDonky
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by HonkyDonky »

They're great.

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MannyCan »

Adventurer wrote:Fantastic work! She looks great!
HonkyDonky wrote:They're great.
Thanks! Guys!
Here is a preview of her upcoming pictorial:
Preview-zP1080709.jpg
Preview-zP1080709.jpg (953.26 KiB) Viewed 5470 times

nukeno
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: with Nele, Kiko, Mamamba and Ms. StrangeLove in cyba's space

Post by nukeno »

Oh wow! That's great! :)
My next DS definitively needs a pair of those!
Life is a strange game: "The only winning move is not to play."
Yet here I am, dreaming about reality again...

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MannyCan »

nukeno wrote:Oh wow! That's great! :)
Thank you! I hope to get out that new pictorial this week - should be nice!

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Karrot »

I'm thinking Xiaoli needs these in her life....!

Nice work :D :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

K
I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, trying not to masturbate.
Xiaoli - DS Doll 160+ with Jaiyi head (Picture Thread here)
Kaia - DS Doll 167 Evo with Kayla head (Picture Thread here)
Xiaoli and Kaia together (Picture Thread Here)
Jess, Cindy, and Pinky (TeddyBabes) (Picture Thread Here)
Maddie - WM158G #233 (Picture Thread Here)
Romi - FunWest FWD078 (Picture Thread Here]

ILuvFemsNlingerie
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ILuvFemsNlingerie »

Nice pics I'm glad MF decided to make eyelids for the DS dolls.

I thought about getting some but seems like a lot of trouble and I don't know anything about doing makeup.
My Dolls
Custom SM 168C (will be awhile)
WM 156 C cup (Pink) Upgraded Skeleton
DS 145+ (tan)

Heads: WM #58 (Ce Ce), YL Lori (Dahlia), 6yE N24 (Veronica), SM #55 (Asami), DS April (April), IronTech LP (Lucinda), Matedoll #21 (Cindy), WM #234 (Minka) #363 (Victoria)

All via BCD (Jeff is the man)

CeCe's and friends thread
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 7#p1612387

April's thread
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=89211

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MannyCan »

So I talked to Samara. Removing the factory eyeliner/eye-shadow is a crap shoot. - Really I think that the EASIEST thing to do is to color the MF eyelids the same color as your doll's eyeliner, and leave it at that. When I do Reetzia's eyelids, that's what I'm going to do I think.

MC

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

Wow, you're on a role! Thanks for the detailed walk-through and photos. Even for the basic eye repair, I'm sure this will be helpful for many people.

:glou:

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MannyCan »

Jimbofod wrote:Wow, you're on a role! Thanks for the detailed walk-through and photos. Even for the basic eye repair, I'm sure this will be helpful for many people.

:glou:
Thank you - I know a lot of people don't think too much about this - but giving back in whatever way I can to the forum is important to me. If it wasn't for TDF, I honestly would never had gotten a doll. And despite rarely having time to play with her, I really do enjoy doll ownership!

MC

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by optical delusion »

Thank you very much for this. Approaching the time to start thinking about this with my pending order. The make up was not a big deal on my tpe girl as I just stripped it all back when the eyes went in and re did it all myself.but with the permanent silicon make up.....thats an ordeal I would rather avoid.

Will definitely be referring to this in the coming month or so.

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

In my opinion, closing eyelids is the first and most important step in improving the realism of life size dolls. This is very good work.

INFORMATIONS