sexyrealsexdolls.com

Loving my new camera. Canon 700D

No matter how great your camera might be, it is how you apply your skills that makes the difference between an OK shot and a great shot. Here you can talk technical, talk creative, share your techniques, lighting, and digital editing. This is where we can all help each other to take better photos.
If you post a photo here and are looking for a critique, you should be prepared for honest criticism even if it hurts. It will only help to make us better photographers.

Moderator: Swan

psion satori
Former Member

Loving my new camera. Canon 700D

Post by psion satori »

Im finally getting to grips with the numerous features on my new Canon 700D (Rebel T5i in the USA), and took about 30 shots this evening to test the different settings. Without doubt the most impressive feature is the White Balance which lets you input the most appropriate lighting condition you shoot in. It has an option for indoor tungsten lightbulbs. Normally you get a warm yellow tint when shooting indoors without a flash, this results in a very 'grey' image when converted to B/W, and a lose in contrast.................but using the 'tungsten' setting with a high ISO has blown me away.

Don't take my word for it, look at the few photos below and judge for yourself.
All these were taken indoors using an overhead lightbulb and a secondary desk lamp to balance the contrast.

I used a Sigma DC 17-70mm lens set at 4.5f
ISO 6400
Av Aperture Priority mode with spot metering which gave a shutter speed of 1/80
I shot all the pics in monocrome hand held without a tripod.

The first image is straight our of the camera, no editing what so ever, the next two, i just made minor corrections to the brightness on my tablet. No lightroom or photoshop. I still cant believe the results!
IMG_2242-1728x2592.JPG
IMG_2242-1728x2592.JPG (759.34 KiB) Viewed 3146 times
20171016_210349.jpg
20171016_210349.jpg (2.16 MiB) Viewed 3146 times
20171016_204053.jpg
20171016_204053.jpg (1.77 MiB) Viewed 3146 times

Urdor Izajar
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Loving my new camera. Canon 700D

Post by Urdor Izajar »

Nice pics.

I can't agree more about playing with your camera's settings. Even if its your cellphone.

Fun fact: the tungsten setting gets rid of alot of light pollution if you want to do some astrophotography.
#62 and #74 and #108 heads on a 140D, 155A, or 166C
Beth, Eliza, Nikki

Bob Ross speaks to me when I'm doing makeup. He says "Don't mess up or your going to have to put a happy tree there."

nogamenolife
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by nogamenolife »

I have been banging my head for the last 6 months trying to find a camera that i think would suit me. The T5i became my fav pick too. Only took 6 months of reading reviews watching you tube vid's. Now i just need to find one at the right price. I could probly trade in one of my iphones for money to help pay for one. but cannot wait till i get a camera instead of using a dam camera phone :D

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

Very good pictures! :D :thumbs_up:

terabyte
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by terabyte »

Very nice camera selection, I am a Canon shooter as well. If I may recommend 1 lens to put in your arsenal it is the Canon 50mm f/1.8, you will be blown away by the image quality of the $100 lens. It was my 1st nice lens when I got into portrait work way back in '03. Still in my camera bag.

ilovehotdoll
Banned Troll
Banned Troll

Post by ilovehotdoll »

gdy67 wrote:Im finally getting to grips with the numerous features on my new Canon 700D (Rebel T5i in the USA), and took about 30 shots this evening to test the different settings. Without doubt the most impressive feature is the White Balance which lets you input the most appropriate lighting condition you shoot in. It has an option for indoor tungsten lightbulbs. Normally you get a warm yellow tint when shooting indoors without a flash, this results in a very 'grey' image when converted to B/W, and a lose in contrast.................but using the 'tungsten' setting with a high ISO has blown me away.

Don't take my word for it, look at the few photos below and judge for yourself.
All these were taken indoors using an overhead lightbulb and a secondary desk lamp to balance the contrast.

I used a Sigma DC 17-70mm lens set at 4.5f
ISO 6400
Av Aperture Priority mode with spot metering which gave a shutter speed of 1/80
I shot all the pics in monocrome hand held without a tripod.

The first image is straight our of the camera, no editing what so ever, the next two, i just made minor corrections to the brightness on my tablet. No lightroom or photoshop. I still cant believe the results!
IMG_2242-1728x2592.JPG
20171016_210349.jpg
20171016_204053.jpg
the best art, black and white photo, amazing visual effect! Thanks sharing!

BillMartin9029
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by BillMartin9029 »

terabyte wrote:Very nice camera selection, I am a Canon shooter as well. If I may recommend 1 lens to put in your arsenal it is the Canon 50mm f/1.8, you will be blown away by the image quality of the $100 lens. It was my 1st nice lens when I got into portrait work way back in '03. Still in my camera bag.
I'd second that. Get a faster 50mm and a 85mm for portraits.
My Doll: Hiyoko (6YE 150D Face X19)
Hiyoko's Galleries:
https://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/i ... ?cat=15020

INFORMATIONS