Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

your thoughts on handling Real Doll from circa 2004

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to RealDoll, including RealDoll2, Wicked RealDoll and BoyToy

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

slowburn

your thoughts on handling Real Doll from circa 2004

Post by slowburn »

What to do?
--------------
I haven't posted anything in a long while, so I figured I'd do it "in style" by griping about my recent doll (and life) woes. Please move along if this already bores you.

Also, I will be rather clinical in some of my thoughts. It's not meant to demean my Real Doll, as I still very much love her, but I'm trying to create some "detachment" and instead focus on the situation at hand.

Anyway, I own a Real Doll Body 5 manufactured in the last quarter of 2004. She is made from tin cure silicone, and as such, has all the inherent pros and cons of that particular material.

Over the years, as a result of my initial "rookie" mis-handlings, effects of gravity, and sadly, in more recent years, general neglect, my girl has suffered progressively sagging boobs, along with several other repair woes (minor lip cuts, unglued eyelashes, anal/vaginal wear and tear, and so on).

Except for the sagging breasts, all the other repairs seem reasonably repairable given the right equipment and space to perform the repairs. However, due to a number of life challenges that I won't bore everyone with, I'm currently without access to much of that. In addition, I'm soon going to have to store her again at a storage facility.

A lot of different thoughts and emotions have swirled around in my head recently in regard to my girl. Do I sell her? Donate her? Dismantle and throw out her parts piece by piece? Fight to keep her in storage while I fix my own life and then eventually bring her back home? Or, the more recent thought was to cut off all the tin cure silicone, keep the armature intact, keep the head, keep her "parts" in the wooden crate, put her in storage, and again, eventually bring her back home to perhaps "rebuild."

At this point, I should mention that in addition to my RD-B5 girl, I still have a Boy Toy 2 doll and a WM-100cm doll. Despite my current life challenges, I've fought hard to keep my three girls with me throughout it all. But I can't say I haven't considered, more than once, to find them new homes and let them go. However, as I imagine some of you might be able to relate, letting go of your girls is like saying goodbye to family.

So, what to do?

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Re: your thoughts on handling Real Doll from circa 2004

Post by rubherkitty »

Certainly donate her before you toss her out.
I'm into small boobs so I would attempt a boob reduction or cut them off and glue on a new smaller set. I don't imagine these boobs have a gel core, but are solid Tin cure silicone.

Edit: If you do give away or sell, I would recommend local pick up only vs shipping and damage most likely.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

trauma
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: your thoughts on handling Real Doll from circa 2004

Post by trauma »

I bet you could sell it for something, tin cured were always interesting in the sense they kinda looked like a real woman body in the aging process.

Got any pics of the RD?

INFORMATIONS