Dam the Deliveryman

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to 4Woods
cyberscouse
Active Poster
Active Poster

Dam the Deliveryman

Post by cyberscouse »

Just received my a4woods doll brought from a member of the forum she hasn't enjoyed the journey what so ever.
She has to have major surgery two broken wrists joints snapped, right foot very loose, both shoulders very loose, right knee loose, small tear on bits.
What My thoughts were, try to get compensation from DHL, don't think so to complicated with the nature of product.
Contacted the seller he seemed very genuine and gave a partial refund thanks coll,I feel that such a product could do with professional help that's letting some one know my business and how good are they always beggars the question. This is were you guys and gall members come in.
I will take photos of the repair prossess that I have decided to undertake myself.I have been reading articles for a while and believe it could be in my best and future interest to learn this art Hence this post
OK question
1.Ideas on the best possible closure of silicon has any one thoughts. I have seen pins ECT holding the silicon till it cures. My thoughts, would this work I like perfection that 's why I brought this product OK hear goes if you suture the cut first after cleaning with acetone then use a hyperaemic needle to inject the adhesive into the wound until it starts to seep evenly across the whole incision then clean the residue with acetone leave to set would this give you the best possible repair has any one tried this please help me over the next few week many thanks Cyberscouse.

nzdude
Active Poster
Active Poster

I would try

Post by nzdude »

I would try for compensation from the delivery company.These days claims are made over the telephone and photos will proberly be enough, expecially if the seller took photos before he/she posted it.
If they do accept the claim you will proberly end up repairing it yourself anyway but you may have some money to help pay for the materials and time.You have nothing to lose and i wish you good luck repairing your new doll

Mechwizard
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mechwizard »

Sorry to hear of her arival condition. It sounds like she may have experienced some abuse en route. I would take it up with DHL as nzdude suggested.

As for repairs you will need to glue before closing the cut. The other way won't work and all you will have is a thin skim of adhesive over the outside of the repair, which won't hold. Read through some of the repair threads, particularly the more difficult ones such as hips and back. They almost always need some form of closure method. Tape or stplaes have been used by members.

I prefer to let the cut close itself. A doll always has a neutral, or relaxed, position which mirrors the way it was originally moulded. If all the joint hardware is correctly installed then you just need to find the limb position that allows the cut to close. Once you have it, immobilise the limb by using traction, or packing with towels or pillows. Then apply adhesive. This method may not work for a large ragged tear, but it is worth trying first.
Mechwizard
Consort to the Queen of Curves
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10796

Aquilla

Post by Aquilla »

cyberscouse, sorry to hear that also :( . I remember when I saw Royal mail driver, haul my doll in its box straight out from the back of the van, and let it drop straight on the floor from the back step of the van. He did not even bother ringing on my doorbell and asking me to help him lift it. Absolute asshole. If I had it my way, I would have done something back to him :evil: . Anyway, the doll was luckily un-damaged.

Before altering your doll in any way, I think you should go for complete compensation, i.e. a FULL REFUND or a replacement. Here is why I think this;

1. It is the responsibility of the seller to properly package the product so that it arrives undamaged using standard delivery methods. The seller should have researched the delivery methods used by the courrier he offers with the sale.

2. It is also the responsibility of the courrier service (DHL scum in this case) to transport the product safely and un-damaged, if packaged properly in the first place.

It is by no means your fault. I, personally, would not accept the condition of the product upon arrival. You should leave it in the box and just open the lid, and take detailed digital photos of its current condition. Use these photos in first contact with the seller. Resolve the issue with the seller, as it should be his responsibility to then relay those photos to DHL and start a case with them. You should also put in a formal complaint to DHL. You can probably get some special form from the customer service, and send it back to them. Photocopy this form before you send it off. Secondly, keep all your paperwork and invoices :evidence: . This will come in handy later. You paid for a product, and it arrived battered and damaged. Stand up and fight it. That is what I would do. In the end, you should win, and it will be worthet in the end, because then you will recieve a bran new product again, unscaved, as it should be :!:

This is how I would deal with it in the UK, and I suggest you try the same. Or check with someone who is more familiar with the laws of your country. If all this fails, try Trading Standards for advice, or a similar association of whatever country your in.

Hope this helps. You probably spent a lot of money on it. Don't let those DHL scum screw you over.

Best Regards.
My life changed for the better when I stopped careing what others thought about me. When I did care, I was a slave to them, those who are dumb by choice!

Ceilidh
Doll
Doll

Post by Ceilidh »

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

Sorry to hear that. I once had a mannequin arrive cracked, right across the face. I doubt she suffered domestic abuse before leaving. Trust me, the last thing you want to do, is kiss a Black Girl with a big crack right across her face.

Alistair

Post by Alistair »

Was it in a wooden crate?

INFORMATIONS