4woods 'evolution' skin pealing below breasts!

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to 4Woods
dave7311
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

4woods 'evolution' skin pealing below breasts!

Post by dave7311 »

I have been powdering her (Valerie) daily ,taking care of her as best posible, but I have a problem I am unable to resolve on my own. ~SKIN PEALING BELOW CHEST AREA~
I tried using small amounts of 'Clear Silicone Adhesive Sealant', but not working.
This product has worked for me very well for small vagina tears, a finger tip & a mold cap that came out in back.
Does anyone or has anyone had this problem?
I need get this resolved somehow before it get's worse 8O

"HELP!"

Attached are pics of this problem:
Attachments
DSC00661.JPG
DSC00661.JPG (554.38 KiB) Viewed 5345 times
DSC00660.JPG
DSC00660.JPG (563.67 KiB) Viewed 5346 times
DSC00657.JPG
DSC00657.JPG (517.6 KiB) Viewed 5346 times
DSC00656.JPG
DSC00656.JPG (557.32 KiB) Viewed 5346 times

narcissus
Former Member

Re: 4woods 'evolution' skin pealing below breasts!

Post by narcissus »

dave7311 wrote: Does anyone or has anyone had this problem?
I need get this resolved somehow before it get's worse 8O

"HELP!"
Oh!! I hope someone can help your Valerie! It kinda looks like how one's skin peels after getting a tan.

dave7311
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by dave7311 »

narcissus ,
"You nailed it!" (this is what it looks like)
I was hoping to resolve it without making it public, but 'I Need HELP!' :?

dave7311 :|

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RaDiv »

I guess you should ask 4Woods about that.

Is that an extra layer of skin to make it softer?
She told me to come but I was already there

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

dave7311 wrote:narcissus ,
"You nailed it!" (this is what it looks like)
My dollie Melody, she has what looks like an extra layer on her one arm, I let it just fall off naturally, or try adhering it better, pulling at it might hurt her :cry: . But hers is thick, yours looks so thin, I'd just let it naturally fall off right now, just like regular peeling skin. But as he said, best to talk to her maker and not me. ;)

Does it look like she's going to be peeling a lot more, like if you pull on it, looks like a lot more might come off? Yours doesn't look like something major happening, very thin layer.

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

Hi
The peeling looks like the breast/chest area was poured separately from the rest of the doll.
The early realdolls had a similar problem around the breasts on the chest wall. Try cleaning both sides of the silicone with dish soap and water followed by cleaning with a solvent such as acetone. It is more delicate work with the thin silicone so you may have to use something like a Q-tip to clean both sides of the silicone.

If the peeled silicone is still very thin or still does not adhere with the adhesive then you may also want to trim it away with cuticle scissors and then seal the edge of the area that was trimmed to minimize further peeling.

Bonding silicone to silicone should work but you have to patient, on occasion it has taken me 3 attempts to get silicone to bond to silicone even with the adhesive.

Hope this helps,
Mark and the Synthetiks
<em>I know the good artist</em>

dave7311
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by dave7311 »

pygmalion2 ,

Thank You for your most welcome words to help :D
I used a Q tip (one side dry and other soaked in rubbing Alcohol) , and it is not realy working.
Tried trimming aswell. (all this prior to your mention 'btw')
I also dab and wipe any visable excess (using a magnifying glass), as it is so small (thin layers), but unable to get it just right :|
(persistance breakes resistance? or is there a better solution?)

Sugestions from experienced repairs members 'welcome'

dave7311 :?
Attachments
DSC00660.JPG
DSC00660.JPG (563.67 KiB) Viewed 5311 times

uch
Former Member

Post by uch »

I don't know what adhesive you currently use, but try silpoxy from smooth on. It's a little pricey for the amount, in my opinion, but I have tried it after hearing such good things about it on the forum. It worked great for me. The key, especially in your case, is to use a very thin layer of silpoxy in your repair. Then wipe away any excess immediately. Let us know how it works for you.
Pre Owned Realdoll - $2500 with Visa debit card
Pre Owned 1st Pc - $1700 with Visa debit card
The day I will finally be able to use either of them after the repairs are done - Priceless

dave7311
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by dave7311 »

I tried it again (also trimed a little).

uch,
I tried using small amounts of 'Clear Silicone Adhesive Sealant', but not working.
This product has worked for me very well for small vagina tears, a finger tip & a mold cap that came out in back.

~Keeping my fingers crossed & checking often~

Hoping for the best,
dave7311 :wink:

Mach34
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Mach34 »

As a non-Doll owner, I'd like to make clear this disclaimer up front; I am offering some very industry NON-SPECIFIC advise. Before using anything I state below for your action plan, I recommend a manufacturer consultation. I am simply offering general information for your understanding to better your chances of success.

For a coating to make a bond, and in this case the coating is silicon, there will either be a mechanical or chemical bond. A chemical bond is just that; the polymers in the adhesive/coating will "melt in" and cross-link with the existent layer's polymers. A mechanical bond is achieved through a textured surface on the existent substrate (again, in this case silicon), which is typically achieved through surface abrasion of the substrate.

If you use an incompatible adhesive, and in this case, you are using a silicon adhesive, then a chemical bond will not be possible. The root of the problem is two fold. The adhesive you are using contains what are referred to as "active solvents." These solvents are what melt the resins and re-melt the resins of the substrate (silicon). If the active solvents can't re-melt, then your adhesion will be poor. The other side of the problem is the substrate silicon itself. As it is meant to be durable, it will be resistant to active or coalescing solvents, and not prone to chemical bonding. Based on my experience with coatings, I would recommend reading the MSDS of the adhesive as well as the substrate, and try to find a compatible coalescing solvent (toulene, zylene, MEK, etc.) which can re-melt the substrate resins. DO NOTE: I do not recommend any of the above listed solvents, only listing them as examples. MEK can melt a hole in your bath tub. Imagine the potential detriment to your VERY expensive companion!!!!

Thinning the adhesive with a compatible solvent may make it work for you. It will also drop the adhesive's viscosity, allowing you more open time and the ability to achieve thinner, finer coats.

Your other option, GENERALLY SPEAKING (!!!) is to create a mechanical bond. This is achieved by sanding. I don't really know what type of abrasive would do the job. Silicon is very resistant to sanding, and would most likely require high speed abrasion at a very high grit level (2000-3000 grit). This, of course, could potentially alter the surface of the doll's skin.

Again, I have ABSOLUTELY ZERO EXPERIENCE working with silicon. If she were my doll, based on your pictures, and the advise of other doll owners, I would probably try trimming the peeling with an exacto knife or something similar, and using a non-woven abrasive (scotch-bright) lightly and specifically to the afflicted area. There is a white non-woven used in solid surface counter tops, which is non-abrasive, and used for polishing. It is found in sheets and discs. I have used it for buffing polyurethanes. Since I have never had the fortune to touch a doll, I can't fathom the effect it may have on a doll's skin, but its purpose is to remove scratches and give a polished surface without effecting sheen, so it is very mild, and may feather in the edges of cut silicon.

Alternatively or additionally, I may try to find a solvent which will temporarily re-melt the surface silicon to allow blending.

AGAIN - I offer this information mainly to give you some other avenues of consideration. I have NEVER worked with silicon.

Best luck and best wishes!

dave7311
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by dave7311 »

Mach34 ,
Thank You for the tip and information. :wink:
Pat from Private Island Beauties was kind to give me advice on this issue.
(concidering it is his field of expertese as a Manufacturer)

~PIB's DO NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM!~

(Via e-mail)
I have not received my new labia from him (just ordered last night), but 'Highly Recomend' this upgrade to enjoy your dollie even more!

I will do what I must to keep her well.
Valerie is very prescious to me. 8)

dave7311 :D
Attachments
Big_c.jpg
Big_c.jpg (10.84 KiB) Viewed 5261 times

EBF
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by EBF »

Erika has got a similar problem, but on her neck/above her breast. Doesn't really seem to spread.
I didn't do really try to repair it so far.
Recently I had to repair a tear on her side. This tear also had some skin pealing off. I noticed that after repairing the tear, the pealing skin was also nicely repaired.
I first used silicon primer on the tear, but spilled some on the tearing skin. Then I repaired the tear with clear silicone glue (the kind you get in a hardware store). I wiped of the excess glue with a plastic spatula. Doing that I also (inadvertently) spread a really thin layer of the glue around the tear and on the pealing skin. This refastened the pealing skin.
I didn't try to repair the other places so far, I am planning to do it, but I'm lazy :roll:
I have two AI Neo Yuki dolls: Erika and Kim Ishino. They've got their own thread in the 4Woods forum.
Kim has a girlfriend: Erika Juliana Clark, she's got her own thread in the Yourdoll forum.
And then there is Alexandra Seizinger, who also has her own album and thread.

Lexi (a Phicen/TBleague doll) likes to travel.

dave7311
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by dave7311 »

Carolinesguy ,

Thank You for your reply :D
Valerie seems better this morning. (I have not powdered her yet)
She is still in recovery till apx 5pm today (silicone cure)

btw; Your pics are very nice :wink:
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... 784&page=1

dave7311 8)

muzza
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muzza »

Dave7311,

I am sorry I have not been of more help to you. re our pm's.
The 4 woods evolution is I believe a platinum silicone and therefore the peeling you experienced quite different to that I had with Natasha who is tin silicone.
It seems there may have been some contamination in the mould during pouring resulting in both your under breast and labia problem.
But truly I would not really know.

Apart from adhesive silicone other silicone does not 'stick' to platinum silicone and thus separates off. I believe PIB had some layering problems of their platinum silicone at one stage.

I wish you all the best as I do know and appreciate how special Valerie would be to you.

muz
Ah Love Could thou and I with fate conspire to grasp this sorry scheme of things entire Would not we shatter it to bits and then remould it nearer to the Heart's desire.

INFORMATIONS