Need the right adhesives for these jobs.

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to 4Woods
aire_tam_storm
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Need the right adhesives for these jobs.

Post by aire_tam_storm »

Hey guys, I just need a bit of guidance in selecting the proper adhesives for a few minor repairs/touch ups to my 4Woods Peach.

First, I'm going to be replacing the dolls labia with one I got from PIB. Is this Sil-Poxy from Smooth On the stuff I want for that?
http://www.smooth-on.com/Silicone-Rubbe ... index.html

Next, she has a few places where her skin is 'peeling' or 'shedding' or whatever you want to call it, that will no doubt spread if not glued down at the edges. She also has a very small, very thin, but somewhat deep cut on her left arm, just over her armpit area that needs to be filled in. Is this RTV Pro Seal silicone what I want to use to fix these?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FW ... 28QRASPXDB

Can't I use the RTV stuff for both tasks? It's so much cheaper than the Sil-poxy stuff. Thanks for any help, all.

chillywilly
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Need the right adhesives for these jobs.

Post by chillywilly »

It's usually best to get your doll manufacturers advice before attempting any silicone repairs. Generally, silpoxy can be used for most basic silicone repairs. Without seeing the damage it's hard to tell. Takes pictures and email them to the manufacturer numbering each one and describe separately by number and ask for recommendations. If they don't reply within a week or return a phone call if you try calling. Post the pictures here along the age of your doll and description and I am sure someone will try to help.

aire_tam_storm
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by aire_tam_storm »

Well, she's a 4Woods, so the products available here at those links might not be readily available/known to the manufacturer. Since they're in Japan they might reccomend something I can't get easily here.

Mechwizard
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mechwizard »

The Proseal should work. I use Permatex RTV clear and it works on both tin and platinum cure silicone. Permatex also make a flowable form of the adhesive which is a liquid and may work better for the peeling area. Its not expensive and you could try a little in a small area and take it from there.

Most manufacturers don't like admitting their dolls break so most of what is known about doll repair is the result of experimentation by owners.
Mechwizard
Consort to the Queen of Curves
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10796

CharlieWone
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by CharlieWone »

I use the sil-poxy for all my repair and modification work.
The other silicone products may work just as well,
but sil-poxy goes a long way with just a little, and
I've been able to keep using the same tube many times
despite some who say it seals up after opening.
The liquid form mentioned by Mechwizard will be easier to apply
for the peeling skin than a gel type silicone.
Good Luck!

Meso
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Meso »

I'm very impressed with the repair jobs I did using Sil-Poxy. It's not cheap, but makes up for it in curing time (15 minutes), and it'll work with both tin or...whatever the other silicone is. When you're on their site, look for a distributor in your area and if it's close you can have it in a day or so. :)
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13492
Dolls are like motorcycles: I wish I'd kept every one I ever rode.
Past Dolls:
Candy8Teen Taffy doll B-cup, tan. MLD D-cup, tan. AVSexToy 100cm D-cup, tan. YL148 D-cup, tan. JY166 Bambi body builder, natural, JY135 flat, tan, WM144 L-Cup, tan, WM140 A-cup, tan.
Current Dolls:
Mia: OR141 ExtraSoft, F-Cup, tan.
Vampirella & Cowgirl: Phicen

INFORMATIONS