Ah the pain...

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to 4Woods
skybird100000
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Ah the pain...

Post by skybird100000 »

What I always feared with my doll happened. A few days ago I heard a crack when I tried cuddling her in bed. It happened while I turnded her 90 degrees from a lying position so she would face me. While doing that it happened. I first thought it was nothing special as her skeleton always makes noices till I wanted to lift her. Then it felt like I had a spineless (floppy) doll. She broke her back at I think the worst possible place.

I was/am very angry about the damage and put her on a sofa where she is still today. And I dont know what to do. I can still look at her. Put her in a lying position with support under her back but for the rest she is now useless. Worst is in 2 years I maybe used her like 10 times, basicly love her company.

1 thing is sure I will never buy a doll heavier then 15kg again for fun reasons, they are to heavy for their skeleton and you need be to carefull all the time. I should be lucky it happened now as I wanted to buy a new doll this month but couldnt decide what manufacturer. Still it feels no good.

Now what to do, if I do nada I am afraid the skeleton might poke through her back. Opening her would mean a serious long cut and I will have to mess with silicon etc... something I dont look forward to. Bah it sucks :cry:

3 pics. On the first pic she just sits and you notice nothing. On the 2nd pic she lies in a position you dont see anything wrong. In the 3rd picture I bend her over to her knees and then you see very clearly in the middle of her back a part of her skeleton.
ImageImageImage

Gabrielle1
Doll
Doll

Re: Ah the pain...

Post by Gabrielle1 »

Sympathies... I feel your pain. However, I do not think that the situation is so bad that you cannot take care of it. There are plenty of tutorials and experienced people around to give sound advice. Just take a little time to cool down. Make that cut, post pics of the situation. I'm sure you will find that a few of us will gladly give you support enough to see you through this crisis.

Fenrisulfr
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fenrisulfr »

If you're in Europe there's a 'mender' in Germany who is supposed to be pretty good. If you do it yourself and have no 'handicraft skills' you'll have to live with it. Better well done than bodged.
"I don't have dirty thoughts.............I have unapologetically normal thoughts which happen to be intensely erotic."

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

That is an awful thing to happen to pretty lady! FEN offers good advice also look at what Mechwizard has done for Zara every operation you can think of and she still looks the BEST.

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

This sucks, sorry to hear it.

First of all, I'd recommend sending an email to 4woods, to see what their advice is, they've build the doll, so they know what's hidden underneath there.

Personally, I have no experience with dealing with these kinds of repairs, so I can't really give any other advice.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

OUCH :cry: That looks painful... I'll agree with Alex and send an email to 4Woods and see if they have any suggestions. But it sounds like it's time to take her to the doll hospital and have back surgery done :(
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

Awww! Poor dollie! :cry:

Don't be scared, he might be able to fix your broken back.

[youtube]jbqyHn_-1tY&feature=related[/youtube]

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Au! I do understand you are shocked, angry, disappointed, ... :cry:
It reminds me of Lily having her knee broken. But I guess a broken back is worse.
When Lily broke her knee, it took me some weeks before I dared to cut&repair it myself. But I'm still happy I did! I documented the surgery in this thread.
But as said before, first contact 4Woods and ask them about the possibilities and their advice.
I feel sorry for you. Also I'm curious if and how she will be cured. Please let us know!

skybird100000
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by skybird100000 »

Hah Narc you gave me an idea, I could change my doll in frankenstein's bride :evilbat:

But more serious; I sent mail with my 3rd pic to 4woods.
To be continued...

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

skybird100000 wrote: But more serious; I sent mail with my 3rd pic to 4woods.
To be continued...
Here's hoping it eventually leads to her repairing. :glou:

AlyDolly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: First star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by AlyDolly »

Im so sorry skybird100000 :oops:
I was thinking about buying one of these overseas dolls but thought to myself "if something like this happend would they have someone on hand that could read and reply to an email in English in my moment of need ?"
I wish you all the best of luck in her repair!! :angel:

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RaDiv »

Ouch!! That sucks. Heard anything from 4Woods yet?
She told me to come but I was already there

wale
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by wale »

I feel sorry for you and your doll. Please let us know what you doo! Is my favorite doll
Attachments
$(KGrHqR,!i4E6I(EnB4uBOrYOpr-P!~~60_3.jpg
$(KGrHqR,!i4E6I(EnB4uBOrYOpr-P!~~60_3.jpg (42.1 KiB) Viewed 4140 times

skybird100000
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by skybird100000 »

This was answer I got few days ago when I resend mail 31/3 but doesnt sound to good as I feared. Hopefully I will know more coming days.
Dear Sir.
Hello!
I am Hiroo Okawa.
I am staying in France now.
I return to Japan on April 4.
After I return to Japan, I need to check the manufacture situation of your NEO-J, and need to send E-mail again.
Probably your NEO-J backbone is broken.
Please give me time.

Thank you.
HIROO OKAWA

DoctorJ

Post by DoctorJ »

So sorry to hear about her broken back. But take heart, all is not lost. I have had to do several repairs on my dolls, some of them major. The key is to calm down and not overreact. I understand it is emotional. Not only is she a large financial investment, but she is your baby as well. I think you can repair her yourself. First, read some of the TDF discussions on repairing dolls. Secondly, and more importantly, set aside a day or two to work on her so you dont feel rushed and you can take your time. Good luck my friend.

DJ

INFORMATIONS