Ah the pain...

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to 4Woods
skybird100000
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Ah the pain...

Post by skybird100000 »

Got a reply for Mr HIROO OKAWA last night. Basicly the pipe above the hip needs to be repaired (no surprise here). It means opening the back 40cm (that is like 2/3 of her back...) to replace it and the scar will be visible afterwards. Repairs could be done in France so that would be less transit costs. Shame I dont have original box anymore but I want to know the price first anyway. Repairs would take 1 week.

They also did me another proposition but waiting for a price for that aswell.
To be continued.

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

skybird100000 wrote:Got a reply for Mr HIROO OKAWA last night. Basicly the pipe above the hip needs to be repaired (no surprise here). It means opening the back 40cm (that is like 2/3 of her back...) to replace it and the scar will be visible afterwards. Repairs could be done in France so that would be less transit costs. Shame I dont have original box anymore but I want to know the price first anyway. Repairs would take 1 week.
Great news, man! :multi: Once you get the figures, it will probably be way more costly sending her to her Maker than you doing it on your own, but it's well worth it for it to be done right, unless you think you can do it yourself.
To be continued.
Oooooooh, what's that mean?? :) Maybe a whole new dollie instead?

AlyDolly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: First star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by AlyDolly »

skybird100000 wrote:Got a reply for Mr HIROO OKAWA last night. Basicly the pipe above the hip needs to be repaired (no surprise here). It means opening the back 40cm (that is like 2/3 of her back...) to replace it and the scar will be visible afterwards. Repairs could be done in France so that would be less transit costs. Shame I dont have original box anymore but I want to know the price first anyway. Repairs would take 1 week.

To be continued.
I'm so happy to hear the good news skybird100000 ! :D
I would never dare open my doll up. Mostly cause I have no experience in any type of repairs. Even with my car i send it in to get the water and oil changed.
Just be thankful her Manufacturer is willing to take her back into the factory and repair her for you. I know with Realdolls they have a this rule about never leting a doll back into the factory for repairs once the doll has been sent out. They say its to insure the health of their workers. That or maybe they think "ewwww we dont wanna touch that its been used " lol :haha4:
Just know I'm rooting for her quick and safe recovery!

skybird100000
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by skybird100000 »

Its really going slow. Our Japanese friend said I have to contact ... I thought he did ... the French department. So I sent a mail and now I am still waiting for propositions...

skybird100000
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by skybird100000 »

Sent another mail today... First mail I sent 24/03 we are now 19/04 and I am not any further. I don't think my questions are to difficult? Dollstory didn't even answer yet and I sent them a mail 1 week ago.

This I put in my mail today.

Dear Dollstory,
This is now 5th mail (2nd to you and 3 to 4woods) and still I am not a little bit further, I don’t know what to do and how much it will cost.

I had accident with doll and she broke her back, you can see the damage on the picture. I am afraid the doll will get more damage if I do nothing.
So I know the spine is broken.

1) what does a spine cost
2) how much will repair cost
3) how much would I pay for a new doll
--- here picture of doll ---

Can you give me advice please?
Thank You,

beardygoat
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by beardygoat »

ship her with a locked Chastity belt.
she is cute..
tell them to keep the scar tight.

BG

skybird100000
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by skybird100000 »

Got an answer few hours after my last mail for the repair but that wont make it easier as not sure I want to pay that much for a doll with a visible scar.
700 Euro = +/- $920 for repair and transit. Shipping would be 300 Euro and the repair itself 400 Euro. And I prolly will have to buy some box to put her in.

To be continued...

skybird100000
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by skybird100000 »

Got an offer from France where I can choose to buy a Neo Junior IM or a Neo IM (both with the new skin) at a reduced price but we are still talking of a doll at a price at +/- 5500 Euro. The dolls are not new but never 'used'. So bit expensive and even if money was no problem I would still hesitate because I dont trust heavy dolls anymore. I am sure the skeletons are to weak for a 30kg doll. Prove me I am wrong... The fact I broke mine and only by turning her around scared the hell out of me.

So I told em I will try to repair the doll myself (not 100% sure yet I will) and that I need a replacement spine. I basicly never used the doll for sex so its not that I will miss that but I am still pretty mad about it.

I miss her company thats for sure as cuddling aint possible anymore either. She is only good for looking at now. Even moving her now feels weird.

Prolly not to be continued anymore :|

nikel222
Apprentice
Apprentice

skeleton

Post by nikel222 »

hi I saw some doll skeleton photos...in my poor opinion these are not mechanical perfect

ValleyOfTheDolls

Post by ValleyOfTheDolls »

Skybird, I'm so sorry to see this and hope that you can find a way to fix her. I know you must be so frustrated right now. If it is any consolation, if you do have to operate and she is left with a scar take it from a melanoma survivor. I'm lucky to still be here and the scar where the doc had to dig a chunk out of my arm will always be with me. Buy it means I'm still here and have a story to tell. So if anything this will make your girl a survivor. BTW, she is lovely! I have a big soft spot for Asian girls... Best to both of you!

skybird100000
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by skybird100000 »

Ah forgot to answer some replies so here last update:
On 27/4 I received mail from France where they asked my adress so they could send me (a tube en PVC so I can try fixing my doll) and since then I heard/saw nothing.

INFORMATIONS