Head release push button

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to 4Woods
Cud
Active Poster
Active Poster

Head release push button

Post by Cud »

One variation of the theme of head release.

Inserting a stick into the doll's head can be awkward.

This one adds a button on top of the old mechanism. The push button could also be as simple as a short stick which can reside in place all the time.

The rmechanism (from 2008)

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Re: Head release push button

Post by rubherkitty »

I don't own a 4woods. I assume the pivoting release is built in and pushed w/a stick?
Your push button is good idea, but head could be accidentally released unless the button is recessed slightly.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Cud
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Cud »

Rubherkitty,

Your observations about the built-in mechanism are accurate.

So far accidental release has not been a problem. This is because pushing the button requires some force . Also, when the mechanism reaches the point of release the button has already sunk clearly past the skin around the skull.

That said there is another obstacle which limits the utility of this mod. A built-in tube in the skull guides the stick toward the lever of the pivot. The tube is so thin a finger does nott fit in. if one pulls out the tube then one can also push the lever with finger (ewww...). For some reason I prefer the button..

AnonViking
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AnonViking »

Problem is if you lay the doll back so that the head pushes against something, floor or wall, the button might be accidentally pushed.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

I have no problem with inserting a stick in the head of my 4Woods dolls :wink:
The only thing is, you have to (partially) remove the wig.
If the button is recessed, you still have to get underneath the wig (that is partially removing the wig) to push it.
And if it is not recessed, there's a slight bump under her wig :? and a change to accidentally release the head.

Although the idea is interesting :thumbs_up: imo it's not necessary to change the way it works now.
To me, the 4Woods way to attach and release the head is a good one. I like this one more than that of my other silicone doll (AD), with a long screw.

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Might I recommend that a button could actually be placed under the flesh of the head and pressed through the skin? Not sure how you would find the button however!
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Hi DarkOne,
It's easy to locate the button under the wig/flesh but in the case of this release/lock mechanism you need to:
- push the dowel to disengage the head lock mechanism (the rod will rest in this position and secures the lock mechanism).
- to pull the dowel to engage the head lock mechanism (the snap latch is spring-loaded to hold the lock position).

=> once the head is released and the dowel removed you can reinstall the head very easily by a simple click-on task.

It's a very clever construction and easy to handle and with one doll head you will rarely use this feature.
On real girls you don't have this feature and you can't interchange the heads.

Guy

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

siliconefun wrote:Hi DarkOne,...

On real girls you don't have this feature and you can't interchange the heads.
Guy
Yea I tried to swap my real girls head for one that's mouth didn't open, Since I never got to use the oral feature anyway I didn't think it needed to open its mouth all the time.

Couldn't for the life of me find the little release button!

4woods makes much better girls.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

INFORMATIONS