Loose right arm, FeelsBadMan

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to 4Woods
Amanda__
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Loose right arm, FeelsBadMan

Post by Amanda__ »

You should not have to modify the replacement parts to make them fit. You have obviously got the wrong part and i think you should send it back.

thommyv

Post by thommyv »

Amanda__ wrote:You should not have to modify the replacement parts to make them fit. You have obviously got the wrong part and i think you should send it back.
That would result in an even bigger delay with the repair and to be honest I am pretty grateful for the swift support [even when ppl say that it is terrible] from 4Woods France and for the fact I got all the parts for free or in other word don't wanna be an ass. :haha4:
Current waifu: Sanhui Elfie [118 cm]
Past waifus: 4Woods AI Doll S+ [160 cm] <][> DollHouse168 KOI [138 cm] <][> WM Doll Riley [100 cm] <][> Beautiful Dolls Judy/Rose [120 cm]

thommyv

Post by thommyv »

And FINALLY ! :multi:
So I cleaned the surface with Danzka Vodka :drinking: [hence don't have those fancy cleaners].
Applied the ShinEtsu Silicone with my finger [that way I could get a feeling how thick the sealant layer is].
And after, as advised, put a couple if clean tape strips to hold the seams together for about 20 hours.
Unfortunately when digging inside the shoulder, the grease/dirt somehow "soaked" into the edges, that's why there is sort of a black tint on the scar.
Maybe I will apply a bit of silicone over it later, but overall for a first time major repair I am pretty happy with it, unbiased 6.9/10 :mrgreen:
Thank you for all the advice and help from me and Lily as well.
Cheers !

:glou:
DSC00266.JPG
DSC00266.JPG (1.94 MiB) Viewed 1503 times
DSC00267.JPG
DSC00267.JPG (2.47 MiB) Viewed 1503 times
Current waifu: Sanhui Elfie [118 cm]
Past waifus: 4Woods AI Doll S+ [160 cm] <][> DollHouse168 KOI [138 cm] <][> WM Doll Riley [100 cm] <][> Beautiful Dolls Judy/Rose [120 cm]

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Congrats thommyv,
These are very good news for Valentine and I see a smile on Lily's lips.
I can see the small black tint on the scar but it looks evenly closed. I think there's no need to apply a new silicone layer, hey, it looks good!!!
After some powdering the silicone skin regains the smooth appearance and it would look perfectly.

SF :D

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Good job.

I think the 'grease' issue is one that is not touched on but I did take care to prevent during my repairs of my doll.

What I did was after opening her up, I cut tip of a glove off and inserted it into the area I was working. all work was done by pushing the item into the glove to prevent it touching the silicone.

Also, you should have cleaned with proper 99% iso and/or acetone, both are available for $5 at most home improvement stores. Really worth $5 to properly fix a $2000+ doll IMO.

40% vodka is a very poor industrial cleaner.. and costs a LOT more.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

INFORMATIONS