mew5151515
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Needs suggestion for repair minor scratches

Post by mew5151515 »

What? She has acne. 8O
No! It came with her since she arrived.
Should I cut it?

This scratches also came with her since she arrived.
How should I fix it?

This is my own fault. :cry: It must be my fingernails that cause the problem.
I cut my fingernails but I forgot to smooth my fingernails then I sleep with her.
Next day I found this scratches. :morning:

Hmm This blister I don't know what is the cause.

Thelord001
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Needs suggestion for repair minor scratches

Post by Thelord001 »

Just like real girls, all these dolls have their small blemishes, its just the nature of the product. If its not worse than this, my advice is to just leave it as it is. And dont open her shoulder joint to much, that will cause tears for sure.
Bigger tears or skin peeling can be fixed using sil-poxy or the repair kit, but in your case i dont think its necessary.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

These are bubbles in the silicone. Unnacceptable for the amount paid for her. Contact the manufacturer they need to make it right.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Thelord001
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Thelord001 »

samara78 wrote:These are bubbles in the silicone. Unnacceptable for the amount paid for her. Contact the manufacturer they need to make it right.
I totally agree with you, but i have had three 4woods and all of them had small defects like this in the skin upon delivery so i guess its just something we have to accept even if we dont like it. Repairing things like this with satisfying results is very hard if you are not a professional doll maker so dont try to repair this yourself, thats my advice to the creator of this thread..

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

This looks like pealing of the top layer. As always best is to ask the vendor/manufacturer. But I guess that there's not much you can do about it.

Be careful that clothes or bedsheets are not rubbing the skin as this may cause more skin pealing.

Curmudgeonly
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Curmudgeonly »

Liquid TPE is very thick and creating liquid TPE completely free of bubbles is almost impossible regardless of whether you make TPE on-site or use heat or solvents to liquefy preformed TPE beads. During manufacturing several methods can be used to remove surface bubbles, hand painting the molds with TPE before filling, rotating the molds so that the bubbles migrate towards the center and special mixing processes when making the TPE all work to mitigate bubbles.
IT is unfortunate that your doll's surface defects were not better dealt with at the factory but almost all dolls have these surface imperfections. There are many excellent posts on using heat and solvents to address these problems however my advice is that unless you find these flaws to be untenable you accept them as part of the character of your doll.
Human skin has an incredible ability to heal itself and yet no person has skin that is perfect over every square inch of their body, your doll is no different.

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Hi mew5151515,

These spots results from enclosed air bubbles while the doll was poured. Best order/use an RTV-1 silicone on which you mix a very small amount of makeup powder matched to the doll's skin tone to seal the spots and she's perfect again. However contact the manufacturer because it's a production issue on a new doll.
When you don't move, touch, pose and use your doll she still rests so perfect but this case never happens, that's the life of dolls :wink:

- SF -

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Curmudgeonly wrote:Liquid TPE is very thick and creating liquid TPE completely free of bubbles is almost impossible regardless of whether you make TPE on-site or use heat or solvents to liquefy preformed TPE beads. During manufacturing several methods can be used to remove surface bubbles, hand painting the molds with TPE before filling, rotating the molds so that the bubbles migrate towards the center and special mixing processes when making the TPE all work to mitigate bubbles.
IT is unfortunate that your doll's surface defects were not better dealt with at the factory but almost all dolls have these surface imperfections. There are many excellent posts on using heat and solvents to address these problems however my advice is that unless you find these flaws to be untenable you accept them as part of the character of your doll.
Human skin has an incredible ability to heal itself and yet no person has skin that is perfect over every square inch of their body, your doll is no different.
Hi Curmudgeonly,

4woods dolls are platinum silicone (not TPE) and a newly mixed batch needs to be degassed before pouring.

- SF -

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

You can use a hypodermic use dragon skin shore ten mix with enough slacker to get it through a diabetic syringe you will have five minutes work time and forty minutes of cure time. You will need
Isopropyl alcohol initial cleaning only
You will need nitrile gloves.
You will need acetone or hexane what can you get there?
And a hypoderic syringe.
Almost forgot to seperate cups to mix it in before combining
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

INFORMATIONS