www.beautiful-dolls.com

Split seam on anime

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to Beautiful Dolls
jrrock

Split seam on anime

Post by jrrock »

Hi, I am wondering what is the best way to fix a seam that has begun to split open on my anime. Suggestions?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (3.11 MiB) Viewed 2708 times

Fenrisulfr
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Split seam on anime

Post by Fenrisulfr »

Maybe a ladder stitch, it won't be invisible as on the TeddyBabes for whom it is most successful but something to consider. Karrot and CyberTed have had great success with this but it will show on your girl.
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... der+stitch
"I don't have dirty thoughts.............I have unapologetically normal thoughts which happen to be intensely erotic."

Fusen Shinro

Post by Fusen Shinro »

Unless you can get access to the inside of the seam, then ladder stitch is the best bet. I'd be tempted to do it saddle stitch style with two needles to avoid the zig zag seam it normally gives. Ideally both needles pass through the same hole in opposite directions like this video shows. That's just a normal saddle stitch, but the same double needle method would work to do two ladder stitches to balance the tension on the seam and help hide the repair.

jrrock

Post by jrrock »

Thanks for the info. Is there a best kind of thread to use?

Fusen Shinro

Post by Fusen Shinro »

jrrock wrote:Thanks for the info. Is there a best kind of thread to use?
I'd try to match the original thread for a repair. Take a small sample of the loose thread with you when you go shopping. If you have to use an internet shop or ebay send the seller a sample "I need some thread for a repair, can I send you a sample for matching?", tape one end to a bit of paper to send when you get an ok..

INFORMATIONS