www.beautiful-dolls.com

160cm Anime arms repair help

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to Beautiful Dolls
NastyNed
Active Poster
Active Poster

160cm Anime arms repair help

Post by NastyNed »

I got a second hand 160 cm anime doll with the improved skeleton today. Unfortunately her arms were damaged in shipping. Both arms just dangle from the shoulder area. I have felt around and it feels like there is a ball on the torso side and a part on the arms that should pop onto the ball. Anyone know if this is correct? I have tried to feel around and line it up and pushed on it but that didnt do any good. I assume the improved skeleton is too new for many people to have had issues with it.

BD if you see this please help me out if you can, a picture of the skeleton would be helpful and any advice you can give.

Thanks

NastyNed
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: 160cm Anime arms repair help

Post by NastyNed »

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions please let me know.
So far what I can tell just from feeling around is there is a ball where the shoulder is and there are 2 straight pieces sticking out from arm "bone" at the top. I assume the arm bone should attach to the ball but I so far can not just push it onto the shoulder ball. The only idea I have right now is to unzip her outer skin and pull it down enough so I can open up the seam at the shoulder on the inner skin then get inside to see exactly what is going on. I'll wait at least a few days before I attempt this though just to see if I can fix her some other way.

Newbie98

Post by Newbie98 »

The left arm on my anime has dislocated at the shoulder, I assume that I have the new skeleton as I have only had her since March. I will take a look at the shoulder in the next couple of days and see what I can find. So far, I have only unzipped the back and examined by feel. It feels like what you described, a ball on a post on the torso and a socket of some sort on the arm. It does feel like once the two sides can be visualized that you can pop it back on. That would be the simple and easy fix...but if there is one thing life has taught me...very rarely do things go easily.

I have to find my sewing kit as well...

Newbie98

Post by Newbie98 »

The left arm on my anime has dislocated at the shoulder, I assume that I have the new skeleton as I have only had her since March. I will take a look at the shoulder in the next couple of days and see what I can find. So far, I have only unzipped the back and examined by feel. It feels like what you described, a ball on a post on the torso and a socket of some sort on the arm. It does feel like once the two sides can be visualized that you can pop it back on. That would be the simple and easy fix...but if there is one thing life has taught me...very rarely do things go easily.

I have to find my sewing kit as well...

NastyNed
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by NastyNed »

Yeah I have decided to open mine up to see if I can fix her. I have to get some sewing supplies first and learn to sew lol at least it will not be visible so I shouldnt be able to screw it up too bad. I'll take pics of the shoulder when I open her up.

Good luck with your repair.

Newbie98

Post by Newbie98 »

I opened mine up and it was as described, however, I didn't think to take pics prior to suturing. The socket is only 2 sided, and takes a bit of force to pop it back on. You have to expose both sides to pop it back on. The left arm doesn't lock anymore like the right, it is more floppy, but at least it doesn't wiggle. Does anyone know what it missing or may have broke to keep the joint from locking?

NastyNed
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by NastyNed »

I finally fixed my dolls arms. I dont have any pics because I didnt have to open her up. After a little fun time earlier today she was laying on her side next to me and I decided to give it another try. I pulled the foam back a bit and felt around and tried to line up the socket with the ball, held her arm straight out away from her body and pushed down hard and it popped back on then flipped her and did the other one. Her arms are loose and will not hold a pose but I dont know that they ever would since she was damaged from the time I got her, but I'm happy with it at least her arms are no longer floppy.

NastyNed
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by NastyNed »

Looks like I might have to open her up anyway. Her arms pop off sometimes when I move them wrong. Looks like the socket was damaged or at least loosened the first time they came apart.

kharmichead

Post by kharmichead »

Sorry to hear that, please take pics if you can, I'm curious to see how they're put together. My Trixie has a bum hip but I'm afraid to tear into her as it's not a bad problem.

NastyNed
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by NastyNed »

Will do. I would be too scared to try to fix a hip because I cant really sew but the shoulder shouldnt be too bad, and the only sewing I will have to do is under her "skin".

kharmichead

Post by kharmichead »

Thanks NastyNed, I'm not too scared of the shoulder either since you can pull her skin off down to the bellybutton and her ass crack..... the part I'm scared to have to sew on her! Maybe if I see enough in your pics I can see if I can get my hand down to the hip without having to pull the stitches from her belly and butt.

NastyNed
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by NastyNed »

Well mine has the large breasts so I would have to fix the stitching around those too if I ever had a hip problem. I have considered buying a new deluxe body to replace the old one and if I do I'll probably take the whole thing apart to get good pics of the skeleton and everything else, but it will be a few months before I can do that so until then I need to fix the one I have.

Also I suspect that mine does not have the improved skeleton like I said it did, so not sure how much they differ.

INFORMATIONS