sexyrealsexdolls.com

Trimming the Pork(i mean waste)

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to Candy8teen Dolls
wastemgmt07
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Trimming the Pork(i mean waste)

Post by wastemgmt07 »

I just purchased a RSSD Taffy doll. Any tips on trimming along the seams of the doll? As I viewed pics from the galleries(albums), I noticed remnants of material running along the all the seams. I am thinking of using medical scissors (angled), used for cutting bandages? Any help here?- thanks, wastemgmt07[/quote]"I'm not participating in the recession"[/u]

B-Zilla

Post by B-Zilla »

The seams to me weren't that bad.

If you're going to be using your doll for photography, I guess I could see wanting to trim the excess, but to me it just wasn't worth it.

The thing that struck me about my RSSD when I popped the box open was how much more I got for my money than I was expecting, and I just didn't want to do anything to mess my doll up.

I talked big about inserting wires and customizing the love-canal when she was en-route, but once I had my doll, all bets were off. :lol:
<div align="center"><strong><u>Your dolls, give them to me</u>.</strong><br /></div>

wastemgmt07
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Trimming the pork(waste)

Post by wastemgmt07 »

B-zilla, thank you for your insight. I will obviously make a choice when doll has arrived to see if it needs any "detailing". - wastemgmt07

itsme
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by itsme »

Trimming the Pork. :D

I think someone prmised us that, And to prove he did his job they now it special interest. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just incase you go to deep keep some super glue near by.

artist69
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Trimming the Pork(i mean waste)

Post by artist69 »

wastemgmt07 wrote:I just purchased a RSSD Taffy doll. Any tips on trimming along the seams of the doll? As I viewed pics from the galleries(albums), I noticed remnants of material running along the all the seams. I am thinking of using medical scissors (angled), used for cutting bandages? Any help here?- thanks, wastemgmt07
"I'm not participating in the recession"[/u][/quote]

hahahahaha

Cuticle trimmers or exacto knive will work..even heard of one guy used a razor used for shaving..

Im not participating either.. I dished out 6k for a doll back in Dec .spent another 3-4k on non necessities hot rodding out my car and gonna get another doll when i get a chance..buy buy buy..you only live once :lol: enjoy life to its fullest
I always love spending money when i got it.. I dont and never buy into the doom and gloom.. Its all a mind game.

DC just needs to stop spending our money.Its not theirs but they seem to think it belongs to them yet they trash hard workers and achievers that make money that are the ones that hire spend cash and stimulate the economy..Bunch of Dunces!!!
<div>I LOVE ASIAN DOLLS!!!!!!!!</div>

Incrediwagon
Ex-Member

Post by Incrediwagon »

Cuticle scissors work the best. The angled blades can get close to the skin level, but don't pull on the access silicone while cutting. You may find that you cut to deep after the silicone springs back.
Red Heads Rule!

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

I used a perfectly flat sewing shear scissors. I just gently ran them accross parallel to the seam. I did not apply any extra pressure to the material. Whatever is left is supposed to be there I guess
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Christine
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Christine »

I have heard that toe nail clippers work well too...

LWhisperer
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: Just a hapless waif caught up on the fickle winds of fate.

Post by LWhisperer »

I used a very fine, New, supersharp straight utility blade on the seams on mine. I think the key is to minimize the seams, without cutting too close. The seam material helps keep her from splitting at the seams, so I think it best not to shave them off completely.
I've had my gal for six years now, without any splitting or separation at the seams. I keep her out of sunlight, and have seen no signs of her skin aging, drying, or cracking. In fact, she's as supple as the day I got her. I'm very happy with her durability, and I think with the right care everyone should get years and years of companionship with a C8teen.
My friend at the asylum once told me, "If you don't mess with people, how do you know they're really there?"

INFORMATIONS