sexyrealsexdolls.com

I need to fix up my 'new' second-hand Candy8Teen Jessica.

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to Candy8teen Dolls
Doll Knight XIX
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Formerly known as TG megami - The Frozen North, USA

Re: I need to fix up my 'new' second-hand Candy8Teen Jessica

Post by Doll Knight XIX »

Wow! I've gotten so many responses here! Thank you, all!

I think I'll leave the seams as is for now. My first priority will be gluing the under-arm rip and those in the fingers. I'll also fill in the pock-marks on her feet, just to make them smoother.

Before any of that, though, I need to repair or replace her teeth, which cracked on the right side. They're eggshell-thin, so it's a wonder that they can be removed without breaking at all. I think I'll just leave them in once I have a new set, but then...eh...that would be rendering an orifice unusable... Maybe I can get the teeth in and out with the help of a little lube.

Does anyone else on here own a Candy8Teen Jessica? How do you care for and maintain her?

Well, that's all for now. Jessie is calling. ;) Good night!
We will start anew, on here, soon. We can't wait!

Doll Knight XIX
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

This is a Megami Clan Doll News special report!

This just in: TG Megami will commence the repairs on Jessica tomorrow. Film at 11.

I just got my Aquaseal in the mail today, and the repairs on Jessica will commence tomorrow. I'll take pictures as I go through the repair process and then photograph the end results.

So... Yay! Jess will be all set to appear at Hershey!

Wahoo1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Wahoo1 »

Hope it all goes well! I'm sorry I cant offer you any advice here, but can only presume you will do a great job, clever clogs! I look forward to seeing you progress
I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am.

Christine
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Christine »

TG Megami wrote:This is a Megami Clan Doll News special report!

This just in: TG Megami will commence the repairs on Jessica tomorrow. Film at 11.

I just got my Aquaseal in the mail today, and the repairs on Jessica will commence tomorrow. I'll take pictures as I go through the repair process and then photograph the end results.

So... Yay! Jess will be all set to appear at Hershey!
Well that was 2 day's ago~~

So what's up ??????? I thought there was film at 11 :evidence:

:multi: :multi: :multi: :multi: :multi: :multi: :multi:

Doll Knight XIX
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

I have not started the repairs yet, but will do so later this afternoon. Sometimes my schedule doesn't always go the way I want it to. :lol:

I should have the repairs started at around 3:00 PM Central, and will then take pictures of the process. There isn't a whole lot of major work to do, as my earlier pics show, and no additional damage has been done (as I take great care of Jess--even though we get a bit rough in bed... :whistle: ). So, repairs shouldn't take more than an hour to complete and an additional 2 (if I use the COTOL 240) to 12 hours to dry.

More later!

Christine
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Christine »

TG Megami wrote:I have not started the repairs yet, but will do so later this afternoon. Sometimes my schedule doesn't always go the way I want it to. :lol:

I should have the repairs started at around 3:00 PM Central, and will then take pictures of the process. There isn't a whole lot of major work to do, as my earlier pics show, and no additional damage has been done (as I take great care of Jess--even though we get a bit rough in bed... :whistle: ). So, repairs shouldn't take more than an hour to complete and an additional 2 (if I use the COTOL 240) to 12 hours to dry.

More later!

Ok I believe you..... :whistle:

:wink:

Doll Knight XIX
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Okay, this topic is way late in updating, but I began many of Jessie's repairs a couple of days before I left for Hershey.

Here's what I did...

I bought a tube of Aquaseal with the COTL 240 accelerator from Amazon for about $10.00, I believe. It doesn't look like you get much, but a little really does go a long way. The COTL accelerator makes a world of difference when it comes to drying, as Aquaseal alone takes 12 hours to fully cure. With the accelerator, it takes 2. 8O

NOTE! Make sure your doll is clean before applying the Aquaseal. I didn't clean Jess off well enough and some of the Aquaseal is peeling away. It isn't damaging the silicone underneath, thankfully, but neither is it sticking to the oil or dirt that was on her skin. So, a good scrubbing with a gentle, non-dyed, non-scented soap would be what I'll do when I finish Jess' repairs.

Okay, so to begin, mix your Aquaseal and accelerator. I mixed them on the lid from an empty spindle of blank CDs. It worked well as a mixing tray and kept all the glue in one place. I forget the exact mixing ratio of Aquaseal to accelerator, but you don't need much. A dash mixed in with about a quarter-sized glob of Aquaseal will suffice.

I put Jess on an ironing board to keep her elevated at a easy working level.
jess_repairs_1.jpg
jess_repairs_1.jpg (77.14 KiB) Viewed 1859 times
Note: Don't wear clothes you care about when working with Aquaseal, even if you think, "Pssh, I won't get glue on myself, I'm invincible." Well, I got glue on myself, and the stuff is waterproof, so it ain't washing out. It was only a drop on my sweater and shirt each, so it wasn't a big deal.
jess_repairs_2.jpg
jess_repairs_2.jpg (112.68 KiB) Viewed 1859 times
The actual practice of gluing is basic. Just apply the accelerated Aquaseal with the provided brush. A small paintbrush for modeling or crafts would probably be idea for tighter areas, as the glue is thick and tends to glob on the end of the brush. I still have Jess' other hand to do and will need to do touch-ups on her feet, and I'll be using a smaller brush for that.

The Aquaseal dries stretchy, flexible, and clear, by has a distinct glossy shine. Itsme suggested mixing powdered makeup matched to the color of Jess' skin into the Aquaseal, but I had no makeup (or money to get any, sadly) at the the time, so I just used the straight Aquaseal.

As you can see when you compare the following pic to the original shot of Jess' fingers, the glue sealed the wounds up pretty well. Her fingers were fused and then ripped relatively high up, so they're pretty much glued together in some areas. I may go in with an exacto knife and make it so her fingers are not so fused, assuming the Aquaseal acts as a skin covering the foam that was exposed by the rips.
jess_repairs_3.jpg
jess_repairs_3.jpg (101.5 KiB) Viewed 1859 times
I had a really hard time with the gash on Jess' arm. :( I could not get the sides of the cut to fuse together (and I have no idea how to use tape or plastic wrap when it comes to repairing a doll, so I just winged it) and ended up putting Aquaseal into the gash until it was filled. It dried nicely and I'll smooth out the edges of it to make it look more uniform with the surrounding area.
jess_repairs_4.jpg
jess_repairs_4.jpg (101.95 KiB) Viewed 1859 times
I have yet to patch the holes in Jessica's back, the nub on her head (which I may or may not trim down), and her other hand. I'll do the hand and the touch-ups on her feet today or Thursday. I'm planning on giving her a good scrubbing before then, to make sure the glue takes this time. The areas where the glue has taken look good, though.

Well, that's all for the repair report. I'll probably post more pics of the fully repaired Jessica later on.

INFORMATIONS