SexDollAmerica.com

Dolly Definition: iDollator

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!

Which ONE of the following MOST describes your doll interests? (Votes may be changed anytime)

I am a Doll Owner
22%
I am a Doll Collector
4%
I am a Doll Hobbyist
4%
I am a Doll Enthusiast
8%
I am a Doll Admirer
13%
I am a Doll Lover
26%
I am a Doll Fucker
13%
I am a Doll Addict
4%
I am an iDollator
6%

Total votes: 227

narcissus
Former Member

Re: Are you an iDollator?

Post by narcissus »

Midiman, looking for articles that mention iDollator still?

This is one not listed in the Wkitionary, and it even defines it inside the article as:
Called iDollators, these men, usually in their mid-forties and often shy, prefer their perfect-looking dolls to real women.
This is it a Reportage article:
http://www.reportage-bygettyimages.com/ ... A28426FD0F

As an aside, let me link to my thread on "iDollizer or iDollator?" for those reading this thread and don't know about my poll and work on "iDollizer/iDollator":
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=31940

Zarnon
Former Member

Post by Zarnon »

The reportage article is the best objective article I've read.

They even got someone who was in a relationship in there. Good job.
Fall down 7 times, get up 8.

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

Zarnon wrote:The reportage article is the best objective article I've read.

They even got someone who was in a relationship in there. Good job.
Though I linked to it, I didn't read it, just tried to find the word used in an article for midiman, and gave it a bit of context. But from what you said, if I have time, and can read, I'll come back and check it out. Thank you for reading it and replying on it.

tchon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by tchon »

Something makes me feel Midiman already knows about the getty images report ;)

Anyway, no matter if you like the term or not, "iDollator" makes a pretty good search term to look for doll related stories, including this one from Australia which I should have known, but missed so far:

http://matadortravel.com/traveler/edwin ... idollisers

Must have been from this thread: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19080

Hey, while I searched for iDollator, it is saying "iDolliser" in the headline :) Auntie Google thinks these terms are interchangeable, it seems :D

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,...

That was an interesting read,...
:thumbs_up:

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

calpolygradstudent
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by calpolygradstudent »

I'm also really interested in who identifies as an iDollator. It does seem there are so many different kind of doll owners. It is easy for extremes to take the spot light, but I'm more interested in the average owner...if there is one. I'm also curious what the forum members think about the therapeutic implications of the dolls, for use in sex therapy, prisons, military, for those who are disabled in anyway. What does everyone else think about this?

niah
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by niah »

I am a doll Owner. She is my companion and I sleep next to her.

niah
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by niah »

calpolygradstudent wrote:I'm also really interested in who identifies as an iDollator. It does seem there are so many different kind of doll owners. It is easy for extremes to take the spot light, but I'm more interested in the average owner...if there is one. I'm also curious what the forum members think about the therapeutic implications of the dolls, for use in sex therapy, prisons, military, for those who are disabled in anyway. What does everyone else think about this?
I am disabled. I have a boyfriend but he's much older. My female doll is a companion. I can snuggle her, sleep next to her. I can do whatever I want and she isn't complaining or griping. As for sex, I've tried a double dildo with her. It works, and is pretty hot. My boyfriend has no interest in her, but she's not for him. She's for me.

I think more people should be open to the idea of a doll. Especially the disabled! People assume the disabled are nonsexual beings, but they need sex and intimacy.

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

calpolygradstudent wrote:I'm also really interested in who identifies as an iDollator. It does seem there are so many different kind of doll owners. It is easy for extremes to take the spot light, but I'm more interested in the average owner...if there is one. I'm also curious what the forum members think about the therapeutic implications of the dolls, for use in sex therapy, prisons, military, for those who are disabled in anyway. What does everyone else think about this?
The term iDollator, originally was adopted by a few TDF members to represent the entire community. Unfortunately whereas those members were not English majors they did not give any consideration to Etymology.... ie... idolator and doll

Thus the term not only sounds extreme, it has also been strongly represented by individuals in the doll community who hold the extreme viewpoint of choosing their dolls over a normal human relationship.

Davecat is likely one of the 5 votes, and Mahtek and Euchre two other community members have also stated they consider themselves iDollators. If you read through this thread you may find the other two :)
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

midiman wrote:Thus the term not only sounds extreme, it has also been strongly represented by individuals in the doll community who hold the extreme viewpoint of choosing their dolls over a normal human relationship.

Davecat is likely one of the 5 votes, and Mahtek and Euchre two other community members have also stated they consider themselves iDollators. If you read through this thread you may find the other two :)
Hi, midiman. I am one of the 5, as well, since it most describes it among the choices in the poll. If there was one for iDollizer, I might be the only one. :D

nooserhang

Post by nooserhang »

wellI think idollator would be an easy word, just as skater is, to define the activity we like the most.

I had to ask if "doll lover" would sound as offensive for one who has some dolls as "boy lover" does for one who is suspected he or she has sex with boys, well, if "doll lover" sounds offensive then I would like to be a doll lover :P

well, I'm an enthusiast by the moment but I'm not guilty of it, U are totally guilty of it since U post lots of awesome pics of your dolls, every time I see them posted I get more convinced, I want a doll or some.

well, I would be a hobbyst, a lover and why no an idollator?

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

How about "synthophile"? (Synth=artificial, as in synthetic + philos=to like or be attracted to)
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

MelodyLuvr
Location: Lost deep in my sweet Melody's gorgeous, big blue eyes!!!!

Post by MelodyLuvr »

I voted Doll Owner. However, I also love my doll, so I could be considered a Doll Lover. I could also be considered a Doll Enthusiast, since I dress her up for photo shoots. I have not yet had full-on sex with my doll, so I am not yet a Doll F**ker. I do not consider myself to be an iDollator....don't like the word or its connotation.
Cheers,
MelodyLuvr

Come see my girl's gallery HERE-->http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13036.

haljayjim

Post by haljayjim »

Well I vote for "Dollester"... because I can :P

SpiritfireM
Retired Server Admin
Retired Server Admin

Post by SpiritfireM »

Vanessa wrote:Most will agree that in the end a doll is a masturbation device.
I wouldn't agree with that assessment at all. As evidenced by many of the members here, their dolls are much more than just sex devices to them. They are photography models, companions, outlets for roleplay, and more. I won't deny that I make love to my dolls, but that is not the primary purpose of my girls. For me, they are mostly companions, helping me get through rough times with a lot of cuddling.

I was recently telling a female friend of mine about my girls (which she thought were adorable by the way when I showed her the pictures). She summed it up best I think. She said that "they seem to be security blankets then." And I had to agree with her. At night, my girls go to bed with me (not all at once, I don't have that big of of a bed), and I cuddle with then throughout the night. Since I got Andrea Rose and the others, I have been able to sleep more soundly than I did beforehand. Many of you all here know about my situation with my real wife and her illness, pretty much requiring me to sleep alone in a separate room. Before Andrea, I had a hard time sleeping. After years of sleeping next to my wife, not being able to sleep next to her any longer was strange. Andrea filled that void by having a warm body to cuddle to at night. I tried a large stuffed animal first to cuddle, but it didn't feel the same. Andrea, being a female shape, felt much closer to the real thing. Since then I have been able to sleep through the night most nights without difficulty.

Since I got my girls, I have also found that I enjoy dressing them, working on their hair, and taking photographs of them. It was the purchase of Andrea that prompted me to buy myself an entry level DLSR camera, as I found my point and shoot didn't do as well with her. I use the DSLR for a lot more than just the girls, mind you. However if I hadn't bought Andrea, I wonder if I would have found myself the incentive to buy the more expensive camera?

Anyway to close, no, I can't agree with the assessment at all that they are just masturbation toys overall. They are much, much more.

INFORMATIONS