SexDollAmerica.com

Dolly Definition: iDollator

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!

Which ONE of the following MOST describes your doll interests? (Votes may be changed anytime)

I am a Doll Owner
22%
I am a Doll Collector
4%
I am a Doll Hobbyist
4%
I am a Doll Enthusiast
8%
I am a Doll Admirer
13%
I am a Doll Lover
26%
I am a Doll Fucker
13%
I am a Doll Addict
4%
I am an iDollator
6%

Total votes: 227

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: Dolly Definition: iDollator

Post by midiman »

The fact that only 93% of 130+ people preferred to label themselves with more generic names such as doll owners or doll lovers implies that many people do care about labeling...and prefer to be labeled by more normal sounding and less extreme sound terms.

There is a big difference between anonymity, and those who don't hide their identities. All opinions are perhaps valid and well made...depending on one's perspective. Anyone who is not 'out of the closet' so to speak, obviously does give a rat's ass what people think or they would not be hiding their doll ownership from those around them :) And of course if one is anonymous, then they wouldn't care about labeling because it does not affect nor reflect on their personal life.

My name and my face, as well as many doll owners, is out there. So I DO care how people label me and think of me. I do not want to be seen as part of an extremist group of social outcasts because that is not reflective of the majority of our community. It in fact represents less than 10 % of the group. Even the etymology of the term iDollator implies to 'idolize' dolls.

So I would ask of those who say they don't care what people call them or who they group them with, "Is your identity known to the public as a love doll owner?"

I think labeling is a pretty necessary thing in society. Most straight men don't want to take their party to a gay bar. Most fetishes are labeled and people tend to congregate around people who share similar interests. Even in doll ownership, there are natural divisions. Teddy Babe owners tend to have a sub community as do the inflatables and the high end and mid range solids. Gay doll owners interest are different than heterosexual owners.

No labels? More problematic than probable ;)
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

AlyDolly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: First star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by AlyDolly »

I replyed I am a Doll Collector cause i love all types of dolls and enjoy collecting them seeing that my parents never let me have a Walt Disney doll growing up in fear that I might grow up ..."wierd" Oh well guss jokes on them cause now dolls are what make me happy.

M_Yoroshii

Post by M_Yoroshii »

my self, i both love and admire dolls, for the beauty the hold for some, and the joy they bring to others...as well as the fact, i've got a sis, who by all definitions has to be one of the biggest collectors of dolls...now with over 600 dolls, ranging from under 2cm to 3 complete full lifesize...one of which is a japanese love doll, from way back when they where first starting...she never has sex with them, and would be furious if anyone did anything to any of them, because she loves each and every one of them.

i'm inclined to think, while some consider the doll, normal...and some think of it as not so normal...
the bottom line is, again how it's viewed and such. having lights in a house and such at one time was un-normal...and now it's a standard we often take for granted.
sis might be considered un-normal, while at the same time...she's just as healthy and sane and normal as any other person...who collects shells or beer caps or whatever else people collect.
her's is dools because of when she was in the orphanage, the doll was her comforter and companion. After she and i we're adopted, she still kept her doll, of course...and through the years found new ones to add, based on beauty or in some cases the story behind the doll.

i still say, each person has their own path, and thus coining anything other than, "unique individual," can't evar be an accurate description...and therefore falls short, and in most cases insults people
here to make friends...so send me an add, and feel free to say hi.

M_Yoroshii

Post by M_Yoroshii »

side note, let's suppose for a second how we also label and there for define our dolls...
one could easily say the love doll is simply a mannequin or photo prop, even though it was a love doll...just like the latest full complete kimono....it's a doll's kimono, even though it fits each and every specification of a real person's kimono, perfectly.

just the way we define things...has always had the greatest impact on how it's perceived and either accepted or rejected...
Attachments
newest kimono made for sis's doll...
newest kimono made for sis's doll...
finshed-1000-a.jpg (21.79 KiB) Viewed 6632 times

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

M_Yoroshii wrote:side note, let's suppose for a second how we also label and there for define our dolls...
one could easily say the love doll is simply a mannequin or photo prop, even though it was a love doll...just like the latest full complete kimono....it's a doll's kimono, even though it fits each and every specification of a real person's kimono, perfectly.

just the way we define things...has always had the greatest impact on how it's perceived and either accepted or rejected...
I missed this as I was preparing to leave for the UK Doll Lovers Meet. I agree whole heartedly. It is more the use that we put things to that define what they are.

ie. A gun or a knife are only murder weapons if used as such. A car is only a taxi if used as a taxi.

Love dolls have evolved into multi-functional items with many applications. Although 50% of them are purchased primarily for sex, companionship, fantasy play, photography and art all play roles in this new evolution of the love doll. Therefore love doll owners are just as diverse.

A doll lover, therefore is much like a car lover. One might being into cleaning and polishing or on the other extreme high speed racing therefore being known as a collector or a racer, or an enthusiast, etc.

However, society has a tendency when sex is usage of an item to disqualify all the other applications. It is no wonder with that mentality that women have been seen as sex objects for many centuries ;)
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

M_Yoroshii

Post by M_Yoroshii »

it's a shame but true how women are as you said, viewed as sex objects for so many years...considering all the various other contributions they offer to our lives and in the world. fortionately for women they're able to have a voice and bring about a change in that...
whereas in contrast our dolls only have the voice of the owners, in so many instances and that's often overshaded by the worlds failing understanding and negative view of owners... only rarely has there been a genuine positive voice in the media, for dolls and their owners or lovers...to my knowledge. it's a shame when we consider the contributions offered, by such ...
myself i'd hope, there'd be a possitive voice for the dolls as well and like to see a greater impact towards the world's gaining a better understanding of such. course i'm still one of those romantic hearts...lol

wishing you warmth, btw, and hope you're well.
xxoo

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

This thread has been a great read. Midi linked to it from another discussion, so I've only just gone through it.

I can see how iDollator can be easily mis-perceived. Midi's thorough analysis is well reasoned. i imagine neither JD nor Davecat had intentions to elevate dolls to deities through use of the term, but nobody is arguing that point. It seems not much has changed though, as Davecat still popularizes the term, and refers to Everhard as a fellow iDollator, despite him being on record as opposed to the label. They seem to remain friendly regardless.

When will someone make a new documentary this community would be proud of? :)

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

LaDollyVita wrote:When will someone make a new documentary this community would be proud of? :)
Thanks for the comments on my iDollator thread. I actually attempted to get the term in Wicktionary but they removed it. By their own rules their own name would not qualify as it has been around a lot less time than the term iDollator.

Might be able to get it in Wikipedia.

On the documentary, I released mine. The trouble with a documentary we can be proud of is that the networks don't want an honest and accurate documentary that might actually have a few couples and non-stereotypical males. They prefer the general media approach. Twist things around, misquote, and turn it into a circus. ie. I have never on any interview used the term sexdoll. I always use the term love doll. But in an effort to push the sex and sensationalize virtually every media interview I have done, changed even my quoted remarks from lovedoll to sexdoll. There were a few good articles and the Anderson Show treated us with respect last May when I appeared. Never been on National TV before in front of a live audience so I was a bit nervous but managed to hold it together ;)

I agreed to go on the show as a guy having a relationship with his doll if they would give my documentary a plug. I didn't know half my neighbors, relatives and family as well as the entire fucking community I live in watched the show. LOL
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

midiman wrote:<snip!>My name and my face, as well as many doll owners, is out there. So I DO care how people label me and think of me. I do not want to be seen as part of an extremist group of social outcasts because that is not reflective of the majority of our community. It in fact represents less than 10 % of the group. Even the etymology of the term iDollator implies to 'idolize' dolls. </snip!>

Yeah, but you're in show biz, people tend to excuse, hell even expect eccentric behavior from Tinseltown - wherever it may be located. That makes it a little easier in your case than those out there "who have to work for a living" (note quotation marks) :mrgreen:
midiman wrote:
LaDollyVita wrote:When will someone make a new documentary this community would be proud of? :)
<snip!>On the documentary, I released mine. The trouble with a documentary we can be proud of is that the networks don't want an honest and accurate documentary that might actually have a few couples and non-stereotypical males. They prefer the general media approach. Twist things around, misquote, and turn it into a circus. ie. I have never on any interview used the term sexdoll. I always use the term love doll. But in an effort to push the sex and sensationalize virtually every media interview I have done, changed even my quoted remarks from lovedoll to sexdoll.</snip!>
Told ya so. I can't comment on the non-American media, but here in this country, it's all about sensationalizing everything, and the more people you can throw under the bus in the process the better. A perfect example of our journalism in action is HLN network's total conversion of the OJ - I mean JOdy Arias trial into an even bigger game show than the lawyers have already made it. :shakefist:
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

ken55
Former Member

Post by ken55 »

Ken55 I like the term That I am a doller because the. Good ones do coast a prety penny.

SNSlayer
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by SNSlayer »

Not sure how long this has been around, but the vote was still open. I had to think about this. I selected doll fucker. If I couldn't fuck my gorgeous dolls, I would not have them. Now, having said that, they look so human and they provide me with such wonderful, intense, trouble-free pleasure, I DO find myself being loving with my dolls, cuddling them in appreciation and so on. I think I love my dolls somewhat like a child loves his stuffed animal (but he shouldn't be fucking it!). The child loves his stuffed toy and believes the love is returned, though he may deep down know it's just a toy. Having my dolls is has definitely made my life better. I can't help but transfer that appreciation to them in the form of some intimacy beyond just a good hammering.

james1969
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Are you an iDollator?

Post by james1969 »

Playtime wrote:G'day everyone,...

midiman wrote:
Perhaps if the community is of the opinion it needs to label itself we could start putting forth names in this or another thread,,(like "Doller" or "Dollor").
Midiman
I'd say Dollaras we do spend enough of it to get one,....
:lol:
And then as much on clothes etc,...
:wink: :razz: :lol: :lol:

Playtime.
Good one playtime ! in that case, i think Dollor is a great term. :)

SynDaverlover765

Post by SynDaverlover765 »

Found this cool thing on iDollators Some doll owners note that their dolls provide a comforting 'presence' in the room, even when they are not actively engaged with the dolls. A few doll owners state that they became interested in dolls because they have trouble with human relationships. Among other things, this might be caused by frequent travel associated with their employment. A few state that they do not want to invest the time and / or expense into maintaining a relationship. There is the possibility that one of the people may want out of the relationship, and that investment would be lost. Other doll owners are in a relationship with a human, and some are married couples. Some people buy dolls because they are divorced, or their partner / spouse has died. They might see life with another person as somehow cheating on the memory of their loved one. Many doll owners and enthusiasts prefer the pronouns 'she' or 'he' rather than 'it' when referring to dolls. And Basically, the definition of an iDollator is someone who thinks favourably of the idea of Synthetik humans. You don't have to have a Doll to be an iDollator, but it helps! from the psychological point of view. I would also include "medical Patient simulators" in the definition. I am truly in love with one SSH Animae. Want to know more on her just google her name. And Animae is how the name is spelled. I am also an otaku love her eyes.

INFORMATIONS