SexDollAmerica.com

A New Doll Project

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
mayolover

Re: A New Doll Project

Post by mayolover »

A sexy...super hot devil girl....vampire girl....I love draculaura from monster high ....I am not saying to copy but create !!!!!
mayolover

Mr Hammer

Post by Mr Hammer »

AltitudeSick wrote:
dollman2 wrote:personally i would like to see a doll with smaller breasts and not like she has beach balls attached to her chest. :)

like Azumi Kawasima.

i have a pic but not sure i can post it on here as no human nudes i think.
I know exactly what you mean! and I believe that breast size is a very important customisation element!

This is a great start thanks!
Dollarhyde wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum... best of luck on your venture... :glou:
Just from curiousity, are breasts moulded into a doll or a seperate entity done later after the body comes out of a mould?

Thank you very much!

Filch
Former Member

Post by Filch »

ohlongjohn wrote:I say take it in a different direction. Go for a long, thin, lean, comic / super heroine style doll with extra long legs, thin waist, and stylized face.
Also needs options for varying breast sizes and ass sizes. I would like a very thin doll that weighs less, yet is very durable. Also there needs to be options for height. I would prefer 4'6'' or up to 5' feet although many people would want taller. The head should also allow for an opening and closing jaw that provides for oral entry.

Humper

Post by Humper »

A male doll? Oh, that would be most welcome! Overall, though, you could do what no one else seems to be doing: offer both affordable and luxury dolls (e.g., one version in latex, one in silicone). You might also sell fixed-position as well as movable dolls. Broaden your sales with not just one level of product! I think everyone here would like that ... and so would your buyers.

I wish you the best of luck.

H.

FYI. Make me a decent male doll at a non-exorbitant price, and you've got one sale already.

beardygoat
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by beardygoat »

your resume sounds much like mine. i too could make these dolls .but i also do not want the tedious work involved and the demanding perfection involved is beyond my happy work zone.
. nor a wish to enter into the sex doll industry ,
for the same reasons you may have as a public artist.
i do value BUYING a doll over making one.less fuss less muss.

i do wish you welcome and such,

good luck as well, BG

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

re " I don't mean to brag. But, What Abyss Creations can do. So can I." by Altitude Sick

A lot of people can:
(1) Buy a sex doll and reverse engineer it
(2) Hire a chemist
(3) Audition some models for a full body cast
(4) You'd need to find somebody that can make mould casts
As far as the skeleton, you could use PolyVinylChloride pipes.
I've seen many people do it on this forum.
It would be a costly project, but doable. It would require a lot of experimenting, since you don't want to duplicate Abyss, but do better.
I'd say it would cost a million dollars to do all the experimenting until you get it right. Not cheap, but doable. If you can get the price and weight appreciably lower than Abyss, but retain decent feel and realism, then you can be rich. The lower you go, the more the market opens up to you.

beardygoat
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by beardygoat »

LovesBlackWomen wrote:re " I don't mean to brag. But, What Abyss Creations can do. So can I." by Altitude Sick

A lot of people can:
(1) Buy a sex doll and reverse engineer it
(2) Hire a chemist
(3) Audition some models for a full body cast
(4) You'd need to find somebody that can make mould casts
As far as the skeleton, you could use PolyVinylChloride pipes.
I've seen many people do it on this forum.
It would be a costly project, but doable. It would require a lot of experimenting, since you don't want to duplicate Abyss, but do better.
I'd say it would cost a million dollars to do all the experimenting until you get it right. Not cheap, but doable. If you can get the price and weight appreciably lower than Abyss, but retain decent feel and realism, then you can be rich. The lower you go, the more the market opens up to you.

i think he meant carve them and mold them and create all the parts "without" having to steal others ideas via reverse engineering or even ownership. some of us have been engineers, mold makers and sculptors for years.. ,like me,,WE know what a good deal ANY doll is for less than 10K few of these companies is paid the TRUE artistic value of the art/ over time perhaps in edition. but.... i am glad to pay for a doll. worth the purchase guys. especially the silicones.
i can not vouch for the others for lack of experience.

as for the million to start up. no, not for an independent like the fellow who started this post. i would guess after 30 yrs plus exp. that i could keep the prototype ,molds and first four down to 25 k .add 10 k if you need any help. otherwise it is just shop time. if you had 50 k it would be easy .. if you already have a shop space ,tools and know how that is.
i could bet some have done it "a first silicone doll" for far less.

but making one is still not cost effective so ..it cost a lot to run a business.

BG

daryljb619

Post by daryljb619 »

Hi AltitudeSick

I like your thought process with the breast. I also would love a company to be able to use a connector for each torso, leggs, arms, breast, and face. This will give the customer a way to piece together there doll and move and clean easier. A modular doll I really would love that concept give the mobility an easier method and storage. Plus custom can be more avaliable to the consumer and repairs would be easier or replacements.

Thanks

lvveedub

Post by lvveedub »

@lovesblackwomen...
totally agree about weight reduction!

pervysagejiraiya

Post by pervysagejiraiya »

I understand that weight is an issue when it comes to durability and mobility, but perhaps a doll that is thicker?

mrdudeguyman
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by mrdudeguyman »

I think it's a bad idea from a PR standpoint to start off with such a brash "I can, too" to a company of Abyss' reputation. Even if it's true that you can do that, it's still in bad taste to make that approach.

Personally, new doll companies don't intrigue me. New concepts, or practical solutions intrigue me, specifically lighter and cheaper. Another heavy $5k-7K doll is just not needed in the market unless it has a greater realism than its competitors, is significantly lighter, and does something the others don't do (like some kind of sexual movement).

harpdog69
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by harpdog69 »

I love Dollman's example- PERFECT breasts! (imho). I also second Daryl's idea of a modular doll- I can't afford a whole doll right now, but I could afford to buy a torso, and maybe a head, and get the rest as I could afford to. that would also reduce the weight,
and allow for easier handling and storage, and cleaning, not to mention ease of shipping. i'm also afraid that i'd tire of a face after a while, and would even like to be able to trade with a few members that I trust. if you can make a Boy Toy type doll with a bit more realistic dimensions (small, but lightweight) that's not too expensive, i'd buy one in a heartbeat. I wouldn't mind an almost invisible seam between parts, if it had the advantages stated above. by the way, where are you located? please count me in as a potential customer! I have another project that you might be interested in as well- i'll contact you directly about that.
thanks and good luck!
harpdog

Bilbo Baggens
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bilbo Baggens »

to the new members welcome to the doll forum, very interesting subject matter :glou:
Look to this day, For it is life, The very life of life. Look well, therefore, to this day.

Filch
Former Member

Post by Filch »

I would like to see innovation and solutions to common doll problem instead of just making it look realistic. How do you intend to solve finger, knuckle, toe, ball bottom of feet, elbow, knee pokes/puncture? In addition, what about vaginal, anal, oral tears from vigorous use? How are you going to make the doll lighter (use less silicone) with out using foam to fill cavities which causes unpleasant looking wrinkles when joints bend at the knee, elbow etc...? How are you going to solve joint loosening or wire fatigue? Above all what are you doing that other manufacturers are already not doing?

Wim
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Wim »

Welcome to the Doll forum.

I can't imagine anything new can come from this, unless you create a stable doll in bed, yet light as a feather for the ones who are not strong enough to carry 40 pounds of silicone around.
Dolls which can compete in quality and looks with high-end dolls, and are not child-like in size.

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Balloo ... 996904.jpg

INFORMATIONS