SexDollAmerica.com

My new doll project

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
thedollmaker
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

My new doll project

Post by thedollmaker »

Hello all I am Jon aka thedollmaker :D
I am new to the doll forum and just wanted to take some time to introduce myself.
I have started a doll project and will be looking for input from members on my work. I will be posting in the inventors section of TDF and I hope you will follow my progress as I go along.
I'm starting to put the under foam on my first dolls skeleton. The next step is the two layers of skin. I'm using felt for the under layer and nylon lycra for the outer. I'm trying to decide what anime characters I should base my first two dolls on. Any suggestions are welcome.
It's hard to decide because a lot of the characters I like don't look all that out of the ordinary.
I'm not concerned about the complexity of the costumes or props because I can make almost anything. It's more a case of what will look sexy and outstanding at the same time.
Although I'm only making two bodies to start with the dolls have interchangeable heads so I can make many different looks.
For all you Evangelion fans out there Rei is one of the looks I am considering. I will post some pic as I go to see what people think of what I am doing. Once I'm done making the dolls I will be doing a photo shoot and posting up a bunch of pictures.

Thanks
thedollmaker

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: My new doll project

Post by Dollarhyde »

Good luck with your project... :glou:
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

Nyarlat
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nyarlat »

Hi Thedollmaker,

This project sounds very interesting, can't wait to see how they come out! :)

As for suggestions, if you're taking ideas from video games as well mine would be Lulu from Final Fantasy X:

If going strictly anime (or if Lulu would be too much work.. it looks like it would be haha) another suggestion would be
Rangiku Matsumoto from Bleach:
(She's on the left in the picture, although I wouldn't mind Orihime either haha)

thedollmaker
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by thedollmaker »

Thanks Nyarlat
Lulu is a great suggestion and not too much work. I am looking to go over the top with my creations. Just to give you an idea of the kind of stuff I can do. I made this in two days from stuff laying around the house.

Snugamate
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Snugamate »

that's one nasty looking thing. You've got quite a talent there! Good luck with your anime doll project! I myself love the look of anime.

Nyarlat
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nyarlat »

Hi Jon,

Please be assured I meant no disrespect (not that it seems you took any offense, but the nature of text not conveying tone of voice or body language and all that always makes me think I'm pissing someone off) and didn't mean to question your skills. Just that looking at Lulu's outfit and hair from the point of view of someone who has no sewing or design skills (me) it seems like that's a tough thing to do.

Seeing your wicked awesome Alien though.. well it shows that you're up to the task on that :D That is cool as hell. Now waiting with even more interest to see how the anime ladies turn out :)

Cheers,
-Nyarlat

thedollmaker
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by thedollmaker »

Thanks for the input Nyarlat .
And just to let everyone out their know when it comes to your comments please be brutally honest. I will not take offense as long as nobody is being intentionally insulting. The only way my work can get better is with help from people that are willing to say what they think. That staid thank you all and I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

thedollmaker.

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

thedollmaker wrote:Thanks Nyarlat
Lulu is a great suggestion and not too much work. I am looking to go over the top with my creations. Just to give you an idea of the kind of stuff I can do. I made this in two days from stuff laying around the house.

Wow! One thing's for certain, if I ever visit you for breakfast don't bother offering me eggs! 8O
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Szalinski wrote:Wow! One thing's for certain, if I ever visit you for breakfast don't bother offering me eggs! 8O
As long as the hatchlings are gone, I wouldn't mind them that much, but then again, the "mother hen" isn't a friendly chick :P
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

AlexaTilbrook
Ex-Member

Post by AlexaTilbrook »

Nyarlat wrote:Hi Thedollmaker,

This project sounds very interesting, can't wait to see how they come out! :)

As for suggestions, if you're taking ideas from video games as well mine would be Lulu from Final Fantasy X:

Nice Nylarat! Final Fantasy X was the only best PS2 Game ever! (IMHO)

But if I had a choice...

Tifa Lockheart from Final Fantasy VII: :mrgreen:

As a matter of fact, I'm playing it now in PCSX-Reloaded the best PlayStation emulator I've used. Psst... go grab FFVII Disc 1 (NTSC-U/C) here...

[/off_topic]

I would love to see some work soon!

Peace
MDBG

73 de KI5JYD

thedollmaker
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by thedollmaker »

Just to let everyone know all updates on my project will be under the thread topic "My Anime doll project next step" from now on.

thedollmaker

INFORMATIONS